Login to your account

Thread: DATING SIM RP // Beta Test

DATING SIM RP // Beta Test

Hello fellow roleplayer!

For those who don't know me, I'm Schizophrenic - but you can call me Schiz, because you're cute. ;D

Anyway, I got this idea today - and I'm very eager to try it out! Although what I am about to explain isn't something most roleplayers are used to. I want to make clear that this is a trial run, and whomever works on this with me will act much like a beta tester... giving me plenty of feedback and telling me what works and what doesn't. I have no clue if a system like this would actually work, which is why I need someone to test on!

I am only looking for one player! One who I know will be committed! (Not like... has to be online every day, but someone who doesn't plan on poofing off the site forever! xD) I am looking for someone who might already possibly be familiar with how dating sim games work as well. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced!

The Idea //

I want this roleplay to act and work much like a dating sim game or a visual novel (just a lot less visual, and a lot more novel xD). You will be the player, the main character! I will create a set of characters for you to interact with, setting up a system that would make it so every action with the character gave a positive or negative vibe to your relationship.

Which means I'll be making use of many common dating sim attributes like skill points (Charisma, Knowledge, ect.) , A calendar system (Each interaction will move the day forward, only having so much time each day), Money system (It will involve the availability of part time jobs, and having money for gifts) and much more!

Are you interested?

If so, post here. But please include if you would be interested in female characters or male characters! I won't be designing them until I have chosen my main character - and that is YOU!
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 08-01-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Gaining a Reputation
    So does your plan involves a created system where characters/NPC can not just instantly fall in love and must build series of levels in order to create an approved relationship? Like rather then just letting the player create a storyline where they can develop a relationship easily, the players have to reach the criteria needed in order to successfully build up the relationship between two characters or Character to NPC. Is that what you are trying to go for? Will this be 1x1 system or a group RP?

Yes, nothing will be instant. But you will also be able to track your status with each character.

Because this is a new thing, and overall a test to see what works and what doesn't I am only looking for one player. So yes, a 1x1, but will be hosted in the Full Featured System.

Gaining a Reputation
    I can volunteer to help out with this project. I really like role plays with a systematic approach. Falling in love becomes too easy in role play.

Really? Awesome! I finally have a subject to test on~! Woo! Okay, so what would you like the gender of your character to be, and what would you like the gender of the other characters to be?

After you answer I can start creating the characters and the world! It may take a little time - but it'll be worth it!

Gaining a Reputation
    Well I was thinking of doing some generic male and female VN story line. Protagonist being male and are given female routes. For simplicity, I think we should stick to one male and three female. Going right over that would be problematic to work on with this system. It would be a good idea to start small before moving up. I would even be fine with two females if you can not handle three at the same time. Have you come up with a story and background for it? Are we sticking to "Starting a new term in high school?" "Space fantasy adventure?" "Victorian monster society?" I do need some information before we make this whole thing in order for me to make suggestion and help out with this project.

Are we planning to implicate NPC to this Beta(Alpha)? Free roaming story+location or chapter to chapter?

You're right. Because it is really a system test, we don't need to go over the top. I'll go ahead and begin work on the three females. Because you are taking the role of the main character, not everything will be revealed to you about each girl up front - profiles will expand over time.

On the tone of keeping it simple, we could go with "Main character is a transfer student, and the three girls are other students at the school."

To answer your questions, yes I'll be involving other NPC characters such as teachers, family members and things like that to add some depth to the side stories.

I think for this type of game free roaming through set locations would work out best. That way it will run more like the average game. But I will be making a lot of "Narrator" posts after every bunch of posts. Say your character decides to spend the afternoon at the library with so and so; we can roleplay that scene until we see fit and then when the scene is over I will make a post updating any social point advances, if you gained any other skill points, money and the status of how fatigued you are.

Gaining a Reputation
    Okay, I am getting the gist of what I should be preparing for. Should I make this character with any specific personality, behaviour, or history issues? Or are you giving me the freedom of creating a standard character?

You can give him any past you'd like. He can be that average joe type we see so often in popular anime and manga, or he can have a much more intriguing and complicated past.

That is interesting, and remind me of this post I made on mene a while back:

I'd be interested in doing a group RP poking fun of those dear Dating Sim games we can find all over the internet. It will be only PG-13 of course and I think lots of fun could be had making up crazy shenanigan to mess with the Conveniently Personality-less Protagonist.

The idea I have is that all the characters are public propriety and that beside the Protagonist, all the Potential Love Interests will have set personalities and tastes. Naming them by those would be funny, I think. It could look like something like this; Protagonist, Money-Grabber, Ditz, Sweet, Kleptomaniac, Anger-Management, etc...

Anyone would be free to make new Love Interests and anyone could modify them with enough approval of the rest of the players.

Players would be of course asked to have an acceptable grasp of grammar and spelling, keep the set personalities as they are stated to be and try to keep it fun and silly for all involved.

So, what do you guys think?
    ...It... didn't take off, unfortunately...

And I say BOTH! I always find dating sims that have both and no go gay characters more realistic!
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-10-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Oh my god! Somebody else who thinks out of the box too! Well haha, I think it's an idea that doesn't get a lot of attention because it's not done often and may be odd to understand. I just want to try something new~!

Yeah, so I think a good bunch of humour would be a good thing x3!

Gaining a Reputation
    I see that the role play got made. I'll get working on my character when I get home.