Login to your account

Thread: WTFRPG Hates Firefox?

Exclamation WTFRPG Hates Firefox?

Alrighty so I dunno why this started happening, but out of nowhere and for no apparent reason I am no longer able to log in on WTF through Firefox. It started off by not letting me see pages properly, then stopped letting me post and now, no more logging in evidently x.x Is this something on my end or WTF's?
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

aww sucky. I haven't had any issues with google chrome and actually like it better than firefox, so you may consider trying that browser instead?

Hmm, something to look at anyways if this continues to be an issue. Thanks for the suggestions^.^

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Well, I got a couple blank pages a few minutes ago myself (is this what you got?), but for the rest it seems to work fine for me, at least for the time being (I'm on firefox).

Yeppers! Blank pages is what it started with, so beware O.o

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

It has issue with my Firefox as it has a tendency to freeze from being on this site.

I think it is an issue.

Edit: I have had blank pages before. I know what you mean.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Hmm well i really hope that FF and WTFRPG don't hate each other, i have had a few blank pages today and yesterday i had a random freeze on here, but i don't know if that had anything to do with this site or if it was because i had like 5 tabs from this site open and then a Streaming video running >.>

If it helps any, I only had 3 other tabs open, 2 other forums that I hadn't looked at in hours and DeviantArt... so really not a lot. My firefox is working with everything else normally.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Are you sure the freezing is from being on this site and not some other combination of things? My ff freezes a lot, but that's because I always have like 20+ tabs open (yes, don't look at me like that XD). The freezing is kinda native to it after a certain amount of tabs + content of them (differing on each computer, from what I've seen :P, usually ads freeze my ff if I don't have them blocked for instance).

Afaik blank pages are usually server-side issues, but then I'm not that savvy so I could be wrong.

At any rate, I'm not getting any blank pages ever since a few ago, so...

That only happened last night and also im kinda on Wifi internet soo sometimes that affects it too, but who knows until something happens enough times you can't really track it.

Hmm, well personally for me it's not because of the other sites I was on. Unfortunately it wasn't just a freeze of the page... technically the page I was going to only on WTF here would load, however all it would load would be a blank page. The other tabs were still working 100% well. lol Unlike some, I try to keep fewer tabs running at once.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I think I have no less than 15 tabs at any one time, and once when my thing crashed I got it up and runnign to find out I had something like 136 tabs.

Holy wows! I've had over 20 open before when I'm doing pic searches but, they never stay open long lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Don't worry - FF is my main browser, so if WTF starts hating FF you'd better believe I'd make them fix it. xD (Not that I wouldn't for other browsers, since there are times I'll use another browser instead if I have a lot of important stuff in FF open and I don't want it to bork in any browser.... And not just because I might happen to use it, of course. ::laughs:: )

It was happening to me a few hours ago when I logged in, but now seems to be operating better. Is it working better for you too (as a temporary thing) or is it still timing out and showing blank pages and not loading pages properly?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    lol Unlike some, I try to keep fewer tabs running at once.
    lol, Hey, I'm a multitasker!

(and lol at 136 tabs)

I suppose it could just be hating on me lol Nope it's still not working firefox for me. I can't even log in to find out about posting and the like x.x I click on the Log In tab and it just takes me to the main forum page, but still logged out and the pics for the Featured Games aren't showing up.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

That's so lame. :/

I'll add this to the long list of, "wah make it work please!?". Though this one I'll probably clear with Insomniac first in case it's the server and not coding.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Cools, lol hopefully it's easily fixed. I haven't used IE in what feels like years lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

To look at layout features and to be able to juggle different "types" of accounts to check the permissions to try to make sure they work properly, I have five different browsers on my rig. xD; In order of preference I use them as:

Firefox
    Chrome
    Opera
    Safari
    Internet Explorer

So it should show you why I really hope the issue with FF is cleared up for you soon. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

lol totally, thanks for being right on top of it! That is the mark of a truly awesome admin! Seriously! The fact you know about Xanth too just makes you totally great lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I have the same ones as you, Neko, but I've come to rank chrome as my fav ;p. It's the only one that can handle my tab rate with any real success.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

oh and if the Xanth references keep coming up, I am SO gonna hafta see about bringing Xanth or a variant there of here. Probably a variant since Main character never die in Xanth and I would not wish to be responsible for remember them all, ha ha.

Hehe, if you did I don't think you'd be able to get rid of me at that point!! Xanth was my first intro into novels and inspired my passion for writing! I even have the Xanth boardgame!

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Boardgame?! An aspect of Xanth I hadn't heard of, meep! lol I am re-listening to the audio books now, just finished the color of her panties *momentary freak out* lol. I was a "troubled reader" as a child and the teachers kept trying to put me into remedial classes. My mom introduced me to the Xanth series when I was eight and within a few months I was in an advanced reading class able to "comprehend on a high school level in third grade" ^_^!

I'm going to be a rebel and say I have a max of 5-6 tabs open at a time.

At least i'm conversing processing power for when i'm gaming.

Back to my cave...(due to be my future signature. Something about a cave.)

Yeppers, teh boardgame^^ You can most likely find it through eBay or sometimes bookstores. I don't have any audiotapes but I have lots of the novels, plus pretty much anything else I can get my hands on written by Piers Anthony. And that's awesome about how they helped you! I never had troubles, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's cuz of them that I was as advanced as I was through school myself. lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I think I had trouble because the material they cram down childrens' throats, for the most part, stinks. I played the text based computer game ^.^ and I also read almost every thing by him, but Xanth was my first and continues to be my favorite series by him. As for audio books, I listen to them on my MP3 player all day at work, he he. They make my day go by much faster and keep my creative juices for ever flowing.

Wow I so totally wish I had thought of audio books when I worked at the most boring job ever (email support). Maybe I would've been able to stay awake then lol Xanth is my favorite as well^^

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I'm going to have to Look up Xanth now >.> then again only stuff i ever read as a child was what was forced on me at school and my video games with out voice actors ((FinalFantasy)) and then Dean Koontz when i was 21. Not really a book reader even though i call myself a story teller, my ADHD always gave me issues with sitting in one place and reading and then if i walked and Read my dyslexia would kick in and i couldn't focus on the words XD.

Could one of you PM me a link or something about it?

I operate through Firefox and I haven't experienced any problems. I also keep my tabs at 10 or less for the most part, so that might help as well. [/throwstwocentsin]
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.