Login to your account

Thread: Nothing, a tale of coming to life and suspicion.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nothing, a tale of coming to life and suspicion.

A spin on the ghost/zombie/reincarnation/witch tale from yours truly, you start off as an empty consciousness seeking a body to make itself grow from “Nothing”, to “Empty”, to “Dead”, to “Alive”. That will not be a walk in the park however, as suspicion could destroy all your work in an instant. Be careful.

What your character don't know is that it is a witch, a being born from nothing and with the ability to absorb other's knowledge and bodies into itself, making it immortal.

There could be older witches and of course witch hunters.

Here is what it started as:

You are nothing.

Why is that?

What is that?

Nothing is not a word you understand.

In fact, you don't understand anything at all, you just have these three word floating before your eyes.

Nothing. Empty. Dead.

You don't know what they means.

That's why you will find out.

You feel something... a... vessel? ...your body? Calling you... but that can't be right... it's just a shell... you will have to fill it out.

No... another term you can't figure out.

You have to find that vessel to understand better, a little voice from far away says.

I would really like to play that one, any interested?

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    I find this interesting! *raises hand*
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

Great, do you have any ideas to add? I know it's a rather basic plot right now...

Witches are immortal entities that needs to take over bodies or objects to exist, learn and grow in power. They start with no personalities at all but slowly builds one as time go on. Of course, they have to be careful to not take over the sick or the insane as the illnesses will pass on with them and that will be a problem.

They often brings plagues and hysterias because of this disadvantage and are therefore hunted down by some humans.

That's all I got for now!
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-11-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Background NPC
    Oh yeah what were you looking for with this role play?

Like I said I wanted a slow build and I think I would like it to be a bit of a psychological rp with maybe a bit of tragedy thrown in. I was thinking of making an old witch who contracted some disease and hid into a building or wall of some sort and laid dormant. She gets "exorcised" and kinda start making life difficult for everyone.

A new witch could follow her and realise later that what they are doing is not something she is comfortable with and will try to get out of the whole deal.

What about you two?

I like that idea. To be honest, I'm a little blank. No ideas here *shrug*.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

Alright, so how about this: Newly created witches can become bonded to another, older and more powerful one and become their familiar, sharing a bit that witch's powers and focusing it, making it more controllable as the older witch is so old and powerful that she has to be dormant or provoke a catastrophe. The resulting bond transfer some of her powers as safely as possible to the new one but still make problem as it messes with the world in unpredictable ways and make another witch in the process.

So hunters are trying to prevent it as more witches and powers means even more trouble in the end.

How about it?

I could even add to that that the witches must take relatively equal type of energies from various things in hope of be stable enough to prevent too much damage. A bit like Ying and Yang, actually.
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-13-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Awesome. Again, I approve!
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

I was thinking that we would all take turn in making problems for the witches andthat we would take one witch each.

What would you girls like to play better: Elder, Familiar or Newborn?

Here is the not yet finished rp: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?2096-Nothing

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I would also like to add that even they are called "witches" they don't need to be female looking or even remotely human lookingeither, though in that case they would have to hide either themselves or their unusual characteristics.
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-13-2012 at 03:20 AM.

I call a familiar!
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

Alright! I'll like the Elder, then! Alright with the Newborn, Alice?

Background NPC
    I'm happy being the Newborn ^^

Alright, so you girls better start on your characters, I'll make mine too when I get my newest plot out of my chest and into digital writing x3!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

The RP is right HERE, by the way!