Login to your account

Thread: [LIFESTYLE] Traits Associated with Your Nationality

[LIFESTYLE] Traits Associated with Your Nationality

So I was telling Duke this morning that I'm a stubborn one. And then I remembered something my grandmother told me. "Stubborness, the number one Polish trait!" I was just wondering if any of you knew traits associated with your nationality or make up.

I did some googling and found these things that people posted about Polish people.

POLISH TRAITS
    *these were found on forums and not a peer reviewed board
    • Complainers!!!!! They complain about any tiny little thing!!!! All day long complain!!!!
    • stubborn like an ox
    • Great hospitality, big hearts, very welcoming and loving, they will help you if lost, and very caring and loving
    • Very hard and good workers (it's because we're stubborn XD)
    • sarcastic (goes hand-in-hand with stubbornness, yes?)

Now, obviously, these are just assumptions and stereotypes based on what people think. But when you Google "Polish Traits" stubborn does come up. A lot.

Needless to say, these are just generalizations and do not, in any means, mean that all people behave in such a manner. I really just wanted to see what traits are often linked with a specific nationality or origin. I think it's fascinating and neat! I would also love to find out what other common beliefs and believed traits are associated with my other mix up. I'm a legit mutt - Native American, Austrian, Russian, German, Polish, Irish, English, Scottish. So yeah, if you've ever heard something or read something related to this topic, share it!

**Don't take offense to anything posted here. This is merely for self-interest and curiosity. Just because bad traits are associated with your nationality does not mean that you have those traits. Just take everything with a grain of salt.

EDIT: So I did some digging and found this. Seven German Traits. I would like to point out that all seven of these are totally me. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though....

EDIT TWO: Found this on Russians. No, I did not read it. Got bored after the first few sentences. But the charts were pretty. XD Also found this one.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-18-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Many Irish are talkative, inquisitive about people and places, helpful, open, good company, interested in sport, etc etc. they tend to hate saying "no" to your face, so they are notoriously indirect when it comes to criticism, rejection etc. Definitely philosophical about life the universe and all of that.

Stubborn, drunk and hotheaded.

Well i did a quick search on the Irish, and I'd have to say I agree with a lot of this. Not only because most of these traits describe myself, but they sure as hell describe my whole family. Aside from the fact, that we aren't always drunk... but most of us do like to drink! Haha~
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Canadians are said to be overly polite, to the point of apologizing to a wall of furniture when bumping into it <- Sadly true story on my part >_<

Gaining a Reputation
    ^I feel for you bro. All those Kate Beaton stereotypes pretty much fit my stereotype.

Yeah, and hockey is like a religion here... I feel like the only one who don't like it in the whole country... *headdesk*

Gaining a Reputation
    I know. Like while everyone is into hockey and main stream TO stuff. I am the only one who pays attention to American Football league. OMG, we could be the same person. Especially when I head to my university, it feels like their is a worship hall for Hockey lovers.

Ha ha ha, well my college is big on hockey and we're in New York. XP Although... I'm not really a fan... of any sport for that matter. XD

Back on topic-ish, being a New Yorker, I'm told I'm "too fast" and "too busy." Even though I'm seven hours from the city, I still get the stereotypical "New Yorkers are fast" label. I think it's great though! I love the hustle and the bustle! Keeps things exciting and new.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Being from the Boston, Massachusetts area... I see a lot of references to "Massholes" and taking pride in road rage. xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.