Login to your account

Thread: Recommend PS3 Games

Recommend PS3 Games

Because, ya know, some of us have the newer toys and get jealous seeing everyone talk about games I cannot has or play. XD

Anyway, I'm not really a FPS kinda gal. I like my RPGs. Final Fantasy, Fallout, etc. I enjoy my hack and slash games too, like Warriors Orochi or Samurai Warriors. I'm more of a... graphics person. If the graphs are horrid, I lose interest fast. So I like things to be mind blowing and amazing.

Right now I own... FFXIII and FFXIII-2. THAT IS ALL. So, as you can see, my collection is pathetic.

My brother has an Xbox 360 and we have Dynast Warriors 7, Warriors Orochi 3, Borderlands, Fallout: New Vegas, etc. He has a ton... I just listed the ones I like. :3

If you want people to recommend some games for yourself, just let us know what you like and don't like and maybe we can help you find some new and awesome games.

No FPS? Haha... but that's where it's at... lol.

Katamari. Any of them. All of them. Everything. I don't even.

Sonic Generation. This game is... it's everything a Sonic game should be. It's good. And that's saying something since... there hasn't been a good Sonic game since... since Sonic Adventures 2. God, that game. That game is good.

Heavy Rain. I'm putting this out there even though I thought the game was some piece of... lol. It's really popular because of it's "amazing" storyline and general feel. I started off really liking the game, but... well, like a bad relationship, fell out of love with it, lol. Who knows, maybe I was never in love to begin with? Haha, but everyone else that I've talked to, thus far, have really enjoyed it. I think its pretty cheap now, maybe. I'm not sure.

Saints Row 3... It's really gimmicky (can you tell that I like these kind of games? lol), but it's hilarious. Like, omg, it's... But I do get that it's not a game for everyone. And, to be honest, this game is a total hit or miss. I haven't gotten the chance to play it for more than a few hours, but I really liked what I DID play. But, if you really like your stories and character depths and whatever, SR3 is... well, not the game for you. LOL. But, just wanted to put it out there, hurrduur..

Skyrim—just because. But, to be honest, if you're not into open-world games and lore, you might not find this that entertaining. Personally, I liked the game, but if I had to buy it myself... I might have liked it less. A lot less. haha.

As for the issues with bugs in the PS3 version... I played it back when it was new and at its definitive worse. I didn't find it to be that distracting. I mean, losing the stupid girl that helps you was kind of a bummer, but... she's replaceable, lol. And, as of the last time that I played, there's nothing horrifically wrong with the game. I mean, yeah, there is this one wolf that, if you do a specific set of actions (really, really damned specific, lol), it'll zoom into the sky. But... lol, it's a wolf, bro. Haha.

Of course, I might have just gotten lucky. So... there's always that.

There's some other games that I really liked, but they're not NA-region compatible, lol. Or, at least, I don't think so.

I might add more later when I have more time, but, as of the moment, I have to jet. (:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

I was told I had to get Skyrim for my PC so I can get a walrus. XD My friends are all Apple users and wish they could copy this one guy on YouTube but cannot. Hence, their desire for me to be he badass person with the ability to mod the heck outta stuff. Lol

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

For your friends, if they really want to play Skyrim on their computer, they can always just Bootcamp their Macs.

It's a completely legit and Apple-endorsed option. It'll partition the harddrive (the amount of space divided is up to the user) to allow for the computer to install/run Windows. Of course, you'll need to get a copy of the Windows' OS you want.

But yeah. And, as for system requirements beyond the OS, nearly all of the Macs post-2008 will be able to, at the very least, RUN the program. Turn it all onto lowest settings and it'll be fine, probably. But, don't quote me on that since I didn't bother to get it for the computers.

Or if their computers can handle it, they can always run VM ware or any parallel program.

TUMBLR.

Oh trust me, they know their options. They are just hardcore Apple people. They actually work for the nearby Apple store. When I was at that birthday party a while back, they all glared at me when I said I have a PC. I was like, "Damn straight, be jealous." XD They did not find it amusing though.

But yeah, I have a PC and a Mac so I have the best of both worlds. I would get more games for my PC but I don't want it to be chucked full of games, especially since I use my PC for college. Fallout 3 and the Sims3 are more than enough games to keep me happy. :3

Back to the PS3, I don't know what it is about FPS but they just bore me, usually. I can only play COD:MW2 for so long before I'm like, "Snore." I never got into the James Bond or Metal of Honor games either. Brother tried but... eh. I suppose, if it's really good and has a really nice story line and characters, I would like it. On the Game Cube, I freaking love Timesplitters: Future Perfect. It's a FPS but it doesn't feel like it. I guess I really just like my free world with a lot of levels and stuff kinda games.

For some odd reason, I feel like I've watched my brother play Infamous. Can't remember what I thought of it though because there are two games that I keep thinking of. Let me go google... Yup, that's the game. Looked awesome! My only issue is... I don't want to buy games my brother has. Yes, they are Xbox 360 games but, if I asked nicely, I'm sure he would let me play them.

On that note, I think Resident Evil 5. What's that game like? Or Tomb Raider? Either of those any good?

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I can sympathize with your friends. Apple is just, preferentially, better, haha. But, no, I'm just saying that if they really wanted to play Skyrim (and assuming their machine is relatively new), they can. Because when you first brought up their perceived inability to play Skyrim, it sounded as if they weren't... aware they can do this or something.

Or maybe I read wrong. Possible.

RE5 was fun. It's a lot like RE4, in my opinion. More action oriented than the previous REs (sans four). I also felt like RE5 wasn't too difficult of a game, but I know some people digress. Generally speaking, I think RE5 is a fun game, but... if you're not into shooters... I don't know, lol.

As for Tomb Raider... I've never liked or enjoyed the game/series/etc. So, I never invested in anything they released...

But, I think, if you like games like RE4/RE5, then Uncharted is really fun. On top of being shot at (and shooting back), you get to run around doing parkour and other crap. Plus, the online feature is great. Uncharted 3 has a lot of new multiplayer options, which, I think, makes it a better game than, let's say, Uncharted 2.

Last edited by joonsexual; 08-07-2012 at 06:54 PM.

TUMBLR.

Yakuza 3

The Yakuza series is a special sort of series-- four main games and one zombie spin-off. For anyone with any interest in modern Japanese culture, this is a game that they should play. I've only played the third game, but as far as I can tell, it's about Kazuma Kiryu, a man who rises up the ranks of the Yakuza in the first two games, and then retires in the third, but is pulled back into the business.

As you control Kazuma Kiryu, you travel through both an area in Okinawa and Tokyo. Both are highly detailed, and give the player a pretty wonderful sense of walking through Japan (not that I ever have... -_-"). Flamboyant signs with bold Japanese text are always in sight, and the trendy use of English can be spotted weaved throughout. Bike racks are tucked away in narrow alleys, and you can even find the odd, tiny little playground.

"It's just like one of my Japanese anime!"

Seriously, this game probably has the most realistic looking depiction of Japan that was ever made in a video game. Of course I only have pictures to compare with...

The gameplay is solid enough-- typical third person fighting. Kazuma has the ability to pick up all sorts of weapons, and even gets the option to collect items to turn them into unique weapons. Swords, tonfa, escrima sticks, nunchaku and guns all make an appearance. Kazuma can also just pummel everything with his fists and legs too. The real interesting part comes with doing various diversions in Tokyo and Okinawa. Kazuma Kiryu can play golf, go to the batting cages, sing some karaoke, and take pictures of really crazy shit with his cellphone. An old lady that does a front flip over a car on her moped, and doesn't even notice? This game has it!

Yakuza 3 is the perfect blend of Japanese gangster drama, with all of it's cheesy qualities, and tongue-in-cheek Japanese humor. Sprinkle in some good fighting, light RPG elements (you level up), and enthralling exploration, and it's the total package. Oh, and it's also nice enough to show you the important cut-scenes from the previous two games if you wish to catch up on the story.
    Last edited by Mitsukashira; 08-18-2012 at 12:00 AM.