Login to your account

Thread: Another Character Info Issue! O.O

Exclamation Another Character Info Issue! O.O

For one of my characters, besides it displaying in html suddenly when it hadn't before... Part of the info has disappeared! Went poof! And I know it was saved! O.o

Siren's Description disappeared into thin air... so um, whatever caused that might want to be looked into, to prevent further problems. O.o
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

What in the..... >:| I'm totally naming the server and it's not going to have a nice name I can say in public...

Was it something that had been posted previously, but then ate itself when you turned your back? :/ Or was it something you know you typed in but when you looked at it after you hit "submit" wasn't there?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

It was the first option, I had typed it in, clicked submit, read it over after submitting at least 2 times and then suddenly poof! Noticed it was gone when I went back another time. It only happened with my character Siren. My other characters so far are fine thankfully.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Maybe it is related to the same issue i have had after i edited my character info several times, the edit toolbar thing Vanished and it Went to HTML format and i had to put in <b >'s and other such things to make it look pretty, but also every time i went to Edit i noticed my Description had vanished and if i hit save before Copy and pasting it back it would no longer be there.

I can't say for sure of course, but I doubt it because I only was reviewing it and hadn't pressed edit even once to change anything on it.

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I guess the the Langoliers ate up your description then.

I hope you saved everything you wrote, it really sucks rewriting these things after you put so much effort in then you try to remember the exact wording you used cause you liked the way it sounded and it takes longer than the first time, or maybe that's just me. >.>

Oh Noes, the langoliers! *get's shifty eyes and listens for the sound of ripping paper* I love the references made around here. Any way, I'm sorry that happened to you hun. May I suggest for the future that you utilize the clone warehouse? It is a place to create and store copies of characters, but I am the only one to have used it thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cra View Post
    I guess the the Langoliers ate up your description then.
    I wanna give you a cookie for such an amazing Stephen King reference.

lol I have no idea what Langoliers are but I'll hazard a guess they are bad... and unfortunately no, I didn't save the part that was poofed... Thankfully it wasn't a large part and really only an add on with a bit more detail. All the really important info was saved in a file, as I type up my own Character Profiles based on a template I designed awhile back lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

You know i was totally hoping someone would get it but I'm surprised I get 2 right off the bat XD

But i think I'm gonna go use the Clone warehouse actually, I think total time spent on my character info has gone up to like 6 hours now.... >.> I'm a bit of a Perfectionist when it comes to writing my stories and i normally rewrite them a million times till i am satisfied and they give 20 times more info than they need. XD

Also that's pretty cool Tiger Lady, think i gave up trying to do that once lol
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-18-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Saw Tiger lady's post.

Hmm... I'm reporting this thread and Michael Cra's to the coder so he can look into it. But until he can do it (technically, it's the weekend for him so it's unlikely that he'll look into it before Sunday in the US) I highly recommend backing up all information offline.

I find this extremely frustrating and if I see Insomniac before Alxjvr, I might whine to him to look into it if he has time. I wish I were a coder myself!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

lol makes sense and not a bad idea, especially if you organize it in a specific way. The only reason I'm not overly worried is because as I mentioned, all the important stuff is in a file. I have a character profile typed up for almost every single character I have (which numbers to over 320) that has a good amount of info. Each profile is saved to a folder under that characters name, and those folders are further organized to sit underneath what letter of the alphabet it starts with lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Hey tiger Lady wanna Write a book for me ^____________^ because i am terribly horrible at Organization haha

lol Actually is Kytti for short :P And I totally would except I suck at organization in every other instance lol The only time I'm good at organizing is when it comes to RP lol If only it could work outside rp, I'd have it made lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Oh, you are so OCD. I feel like I have met a family member or something. I may have similar styles of organization. (Though unfortunately I don't have some of those files from when I used to do things that way. xD; I stored them on LiveJournal to free up space on my (then-much smaller) HD and then lost interest in the LJ accounts associated with the characters. <_<; )

/off-topic
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Right now I'm running on Google chrome, and I had my information wiped from my character Tesla's information.

Earlier today I first tried to submit the information on Tesla's profile, twice it gave me an error and did not allow me to post. I must regret that I did not save this error, or else I would have submitted a screenshot for you. Anyway, I left for a bit and got a pm from Insomniac telling me that the problem was fixed- I tried again and, sure enough, it worked! At this point I went in to correct an erroneous word in his synopsis and submit his avatar as I had forgotten to upload it again after I loaded his profile without the error. The information was all there at this point, I believe. Though I didn't read to see if the information was still there after I edited it- I just assumed it was. It was only later that I gathered from another user's comment that his information was all blank. For some reason the synopsis and profile picture, the two things I edited after the fact, were still in-tact. Anyway I re-entered the information and everything seems to be working just fine now.

I hope this is all the information you needed, sorry if it's unclear in any way! D:

Edit: Now this happened to my other character, the one I'd had up for two days, too. Now I know for sure that all the information for him was up, since the host of my RP checked and approved him, and that I didn't edit him since then. I'm starting to think this isn't a good browser or something. :T
    (Is there any possible way we could ever get the information back, too? I mean, I will replace the information as best I can remember- but I'm really quite sad over the fact the profile I spent so long on is wiped clean...)
    Last edited by onestar; 06-24-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    STA

Reported it for you (forgot to mention that) and if the coder can recover it (which I'm not sure he can :/) I'm sure he'll let one of us know. >_<;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Ah, thank you for trying to get it back, I understand that you guys are doing the best you can. Heh, I suppose that I did write it the first time- I can do it again. o_x
    STA