Login to your account

Thread: Hi ! -OMGwhatamIdoinghere-

Hi ! -OMGwhatamIdoinghere-

Hello everybody !

Err... well, that's a bit odd... in fact, I'm French, and my english really is a bit awkward...
    No matter, I like RPG, even if it's been a while I didn't write a thing (not much time to go on the computer, 'cause of my parents, 'cause of the studies...) but I'm almost finish with my exams and I remembered that mail so... I'm here, now.
    I'm not going to make super high RP quality but I think it could really improve my english skills. Maybe.

So, let's introduce myself...
    I'm a 18 year old French geek girl living in Bordeaux. I like reading, drawing and my beloved PC. I love playing RPG (IRL) especially as a GM (I create my own universes). I begin learning english at school when I was 10 and I lived three years in India (my dad's military accountant in the French air force) and it was so great ! I mean, for my english skills.

Well, I don't really know what to add for now. I hope I'll integrate in here ^^

Voilà !

PS : Can I create a french Roleplay ? '.'

Welcome! The people here so far are incredibly awesome (just joined yesterday and I already love, love, love it!) and very friendly. So I'm sure no one will mind even if your english isn't perfect. I know I don't since you are still easy to understand ;D
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Bonjour et Bienvenue!

Comment vous re?

Croissant!

So, that has exhausted all my french. Nice to meet you. Hope you like t here. I'm new too and so far it seems to be areally interesting place.
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

Welcome to WTFRPG! Trust me, your English is notches above a lot of people on the internet. Some ppl tlk liek di all the tiem n u cnt undrstand dem at all.

Tigerkytti > I'm glad to be understandable =D

Scriblette > What do you mean exactly ? Because "Comment vous re?" doesn't make any sense x3

Auzei > Yeah, we have the same in french.

Ah, so you know exactly what I mean. hahaha

Haha, so my French's even poorer than expected.

I have a Haitian friend and apparently that's a bastardization of "How're you" in Haiti. Sorry.

But nice to have you anyway!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

Aaaah yeah, I understand where that's coming from, now =P

Well, in France, "How are you ?" is "Comment vas-tu ?" (or "Comment allez-vous ?" to be polite).

Yes - you can make a game in French (or any other language) as long as you post somewhere in the game's description what language you're using. That way we have some way of double-checking what's being posted there (not that I'd be too confused to see French, since I studied it a little in high school, but for some other languages I wouldn't be able to tell them apart on sight). You could even tag the game with "en français" if you liked!

But don't worry too much about your English! It is much better than my French, I'm afraid. (I'm so ashamed. xD; I used to be able to read it well and I had a very nice accent when speaking it...) There are many native English speakers who don't take care when they type online and are more difficult to understand than people whose second or third language is English.

In any case, welcome to WTF RPG! Please don't be shy if you have questions! I'm happy to help! (I'd love to greet you properly in your own language, but I'm so out of practice, I'm sure I'd embarrass myself and using a translator is almost worse. ^^; )
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yay ! I'll think of an other RP then. Thanks for the anwser ^^
    Perhaps you could test your french in my next RP =P It could be fun!

I know I'll look into it. :3 I've joined another game here and am preparing for a trip next month. There's a good chance I won't have time for another game until August or September because of the trip. :x But I will look forward to reading it and following along. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Welcome Jaffre! Kick off your shoes, relax and stay a while! This is an easy place to get comfortable... possibly too comfortable! xD Your English is very cute, it's easy to understand but also gives you a special kind of charm. I took French for two years and... retained almost non of it since then so being bi-lingual is a trait I envy!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Maneki Neko > I get it only when I reread it... A trip? Where are you going? :3

Schizophrenic (I love this pseudo <3) > That's sooo cute >w< Well, I'm almost tri-lingual, I have to improve my spanish.

A Tri-lingual French person? One thing I know about the French is....they always lose. Cept of course unless they're partnered with the USA.

Thanks for the Statue of Liberty but it isn't so special anymore.

I like the Statue of Liberty. :c I actually dreamed about her last night. (Truth.)

Aah, tri-lingual. D: So jealous! I took French for two years in high school and two semesters in college, but struggled. I enjoyed the language and I have mostly good memories about the trips I took to France when my father was stationed in Germany, but I had troubles retaining the lessons in grammar, which sort of made me "panic" a little and question myself too much.

I'm visiting friends in Australia most of July and part of August. We'll be going to an anime convention and a few comic and ball-jointed doll meet-ups. :3 (And generally just enjoying each others' company!) This will be my second visit to Australia and I'm looking forward to it. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I speak like...little Spanish and English. I can barely speak Spanish as well. I could barely pass Spanish I this year.

APBCode > Well, that's 'cause i'm not France's leader yet. Watch out after my coup d'etat.

Maneki Neko > Waho, Australia! I had a friend who lived three years in Australia ^^ I never been there but I hope I could go there once in my life And yeah, French's a bit difficult to learn, I think. I have myself some difficulties with some verb forms :P

I try my hardest to read what you say in a French accent. So I find it rather amusing.

You'll be surprise, I think I have a rather good accent.

I'd have to have proof of that as i've heard some pretty crappy accents. Not just French but English as well.

I'll think of recording some stuff when I'll have the time to. My dad as a creepy french accent when speaking english.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffre View Post
    APBCode > Well, that's 'cause i'm not France's leader yet. Watch out after my coup d'etat.
    xD <3 (I am so amused and filled with internet-affection, I can't even put it into words. xD)

Maneki Neko > Waho, Australia! I had a friend who lived three years in Australia ^^ I never been there but I hope I could go there once in my life And yeah, French's a bit difficult to learn, I think. I have myself some difficulties with some verb forms :P
    I really enjoyed my visits to the "Shipwreck Coast" in South Australia (that's more or less where I'll be going this time too) and the rainforest in Victoria (near Melbourne). Both areas were so very beautiful. :3 In between those two states there were a lot of vineyards, and it felt very European to me. xD And Melbourne itself is a city that is quite beautiful, seemed to be well planned, and very multi-cultural. :3 I got to see Chinese New Year there and celebrate. It was wonderful. :3

Oh - then I don't feel too bad, then! Most of the other students seemed to pick it up quickly enough (at least quickly enough not to have the teacher correct them as often as he did me) and since I have such good writing skills in English, it made me feel stupid. xD; Maybe in my next life I can be multi-lingual. There are so many languages I wish I knew. D:
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Haaa I also want to be multi-lingual. I'm planning to learn Romanian, Russian, German and Japanese. But I can't right now so it's just a wish x3

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffre View Post
    Haaa I also want to be multi-lingual. I'm planning to learn Romanian, Russian, German and Japanese. But I can't right now so it's just a wish x3
    I would love to learn Russian and Japanese! It would make my movie going experience much more easier! I wouldn't have to read the subtitles and distract myself from the actual footage! (It would also widen my video game range!)

.... and on a more serious note, anyone who can speak more than just their main language is always given the upper hand when applying for certain work!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Or for traveling. xD I enjoy traveling, so I have to rely on those in my party who can speak the language or the kindness of the locals. ^^;

When I went to Japan, I flew in to a different Osaka airport, at a different time from my friends and we had to meet at the train station... only there were also two Osaka train stations, so I was in a panic, on my own. I speak not much more than a handful of Japanese and almost none of them are helpful for anything. That's about as much English as any of the security people at the train station seemed to speak either! But they were so very kind and did their best to help me and I did eventually find my hotel due to a combination of very nice bystanders, officials (train station department people and even a doorman at a hotel in the station), and my hotel host. I'd already had a great respect for the Japanese before then, but after that (because it was frankly terrifying for me to be completely on my own like that, unable to speak the language in a foreign country) I loved them. Especially as there were other, similar though less dire examples of the basic kindness of the people.

So, yes. It would open up where I could travel a lot more if I could speak the language. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin