Login to your account

Thread: Issue with my Character info

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar

Question Issue with my Character info

For some reason it keeps shmushing my character info together it won't let me edit font, color or even let me put spaces between anything it just Shmushes it all together into one giant Paragraph.

Am i doing something wrong or after you join a RP can you not change your character info?

Because it doesn't even give me a toolbar to change anything,

Do you mean the WYSIWYG editor? (the bar with the bold, italic, etc buttons), Because after like 3 edits to my main game page, the WYSIWYG editor disappeared and I can only see the html and edit it with raw html (which, in fact makes it look all smushed up together if you don't use html).

Asking, because if that's what you meant, then I'm having the issue too (but on game page, not character).
    If it's not what you meant, then I don't know, because so far I can edit my characters just fine myself. ^^;

That is the exact same issue i have yeah sorry just joined yesterday >.>, and yeah i edited my character a few times because he has a lot of info on him. Originally i was writing a book with him as the main character soo there is A LOT of detail about him haha.

Maybe there is a way to turn off the html?

I couldn't find a way to do that (I also just joined yesterday lol).

So, it seems the problem is not just with character profiles, but with games too, after one edits it x times (I know I edited time a LOT of times, much much more than I edited the characters) the toolbar/WYSIWYG just disappears.

I didn't say a thing because I thought it was my internet acting funky and not loading it (happens sometimes on my end), but since you posted this I went and clicked "make new rpg" and lo and behold! The WYSIWYG works fine for new RPs, but not when editing my current one. lol

Well, I guess if you know HTML in the meantime you can use that for editing it (as a workaround, as I've been doing), until Maneki Neko can read this.

If only i took that HTML class in college I am Foiled! *throws arms up in despair*

Hey but at least we known it is a glitch, although it could also be a prevention from people changing the rules of games or randomly changing their character into something else after joining game.

Haha!
    I think if it was to stop people from editing it, it would just outright tell you/not let you. So probably a glitch or something similar.

As for the html, basics are similar to the forum's bbcode:
    <br> for line breaks, <i></i> for italics, <b></b> for bold, <u></u> for underline. ^^

Ok well I'll try to fix my character with these, thanks for the help stranger. I'd offer to join your RP but i don't know, I'm not good at writing 3 Paragraphs a post and my Grammar can be pretty funky at times. Although the Idea of your game is kinda interesting minus the yaoi. ;-p

Ah - yes. I was testing things last night and having problems, but I thought it was just because of the browser I was using (Chrome, as it happens). Very frustrating to have more people reporting issues, because then it means it's not a unique error. >_<

I'll report this and have the coder look into it! He may post here asking us for more information, just so you know.

(Michael Cra - you seem to stumble into a lot of bugs... Maybe I should shove you ahead of me as we go so you'll attract all the bugs and we can get them all dealt with soonest. )
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I think its just because yesterday and today I was at Work and it was really slow at work and not to many people to RP with soo all i did was Mess around with my character Info..... and rewrite it over and over and over hahaha T___T