Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Paranoia's Poison Door

Welcome to our rp! I am KavasIscariet, Rhombus is my co-host and my wonderful friend who has brilliant ideas! You treat him nice!
    This roleplay is for fun, and we both encourage all types of characters to join. We greatly support unique characters, with flaws and skills equally established. I ask that my grammar is forgiven at times, I am originally from Germany and my English grammar can get a bit wonky.

Naevins are a race I created on my own, in this roleplay they will be "mutants". They're nasty little buggers, PM me if you are interested in making one.
    PM Rhombus, though, for any questions about Lis, how Undead characters work, and so on so forth!
    Last edited by KavasIscariet; 07-27-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Reoccurring NPC
    GOOD LORD that was hard work!
    I am the co-creator! I am also typing from an iPad which makes everything ever so much harder and makes me want to puke blood, semen and hatred 8D
    Who was born in a house full of pain.
    Who was trained not to spit in the fan.
    Who was told what to do by the man.
    Who was broken by trained personnel.
    Who was fitted with collar and chain.
    Who was given a pat on the back.
    Who was breaking away from the pack.
    Who was only a stranger at home.
    Who was ground down in the end.
    Who was found dead on the phone.
    Who was dragged down by the stone.

This looks interesting. May consider.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Reoccurring NPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Thanks! I hope you do (:

Neat! Your characters are very out of the ordinary, I like that! Thanks for taking a look. c:
    I want to stick my tongue in your guts and wriggle it around a bit.

Since "human rights have been pushed back about 100 years" I'm considering having an openly gay drug dealer/cybernetic bootlegger. Would this be decent?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Reoccurring NPC
    Since "human rights have been pushed back about 100 years" I'm considering having an openly gay drug dealer/cybernetic bootlegger. Would this be decent?
    Yeah, that would be fine!
    I really meant more like... Basic rights rather than civil rights for everyone, but I don't think I made that clear enough. Most prevalent is general intolerance and hatred for the poor and a lack of a system of social support, as well of a use of chemical weapons, torture, cluster bombs... Things held in a bad light by the declaration of human rights. I imagine as far as racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia go, it's very similar to today, maybe a bit better in some areas?
    A drug dealer would be great, in fact, seeing as we already have some drug addict characters!
    Last edited by Rhombus; 07-27-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Ohhh, okay. I figured, you know, dystopian future and all, but if a corporation rules the globe, it makes sense they'd wanna have as many target audiences as possible.

Reoccurring NPC
    Ohhh, okay. I figured, you know, dystopian future and all, but if a corporation rules the globe, it makes sense they'd wanna have as many target audiences as possible.
    I should edit the roleplay introduction so that it is clear that they're equal opportunity assholes, hah!
    But yes, thank you for being interested and I can't wait to see your character.

In other news, KavasIscariet and I will be throwing in two characters called Petze and Heinrich. All I will say for now is that Petze is incredibly obnoxious, hurrrr.

Reoccurring NPC
    Sorry to be a pest, but could we please have a little more information on the characters? It's hard to choose without knowing much (: Thank you!

Their personalities are mutable; none of these men or woman were ever played or written, just drawn a couple of times.

But, uhhh, Natt is inventive and easily confused and suicidal, the second guy is strong and stalwart, Tomm is angry, bitter and violent, the woman is an expertly trained assassin, though she is very selfish and vain, Markus is trigger happy and threatened by nice hair, and finally Data actually thinks he's a computer program and neurotically tries to keep his skin completely covered.

Reoccurring NPC
    Their personalities are mutable; none of these men or woman were ever played or written, just drawn a couple of times.

But, uhhh, Natt is inventive and easily confused and suicidal, the second guy is strong and stalwart, Tomm is angry, bitter and violent, the woman is an expertly trained assassin, though she is very selfish and vain, Markus is trigger happy and threatened by nice hair, and finally Data actually thinks he's a computer program and neurotically tries to keep his skin completely covered.
    We both like the idea of Data, he sounds interesting!

Okay, I'll draw up a profile for him and one other character, cause Data ain't no dealer.

Reoccurring NPC
    Okay, I'll draw up a profile for him and one other character, cause Data ain't no dealer.
    Thanks! I can't wait to see!

I still need to craft my drug dealer character; I sent my first post to both of you because I want to make sure it doesn't contradict any outstanding canon before I post it; i.e., if the court system is vastly less democratic than displayed there, I want it correct, especially now that I have an attorney character.

The entry post for Data and Harvey is up! I would love a few other rebels/sympatizers, so it ain't just a dreamer and an idiot at that sausage cart in the morning, ><

By the way, I'm in the process of making three characters (basically the dealer concept but made into three parts); the dealer himself (Natt), a backalley cybernetics doctor, and their Repo!-esque enforcer the Hyena, their hairy female dead friend.

So I'm thinking about joining as a soldier. I think. Maybe? We'll see. What are the perks to being a soldier and what kind of things can and can't I do... as a soldier.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    So I'm thinking about joining as a soldier. I think. Maybe? We'll see. What are the perks to being a soldier and what kind of things can and can't I do... as a soldier.
    I'm assuming you mean one of Alfonse and Sergeis soldiers? Well, you can choose to be undead or living. Perks, I suppose would be a LOT of advanced technology at your disposal, a nicer place to live, higher rep, biomechanical benefits if you wanted. The downsides include having a lot of enemies in the city, being manipulated by Sergei and Alfonse. Uhmmm....Trying to think of more downsides but I just woke up! @_@ I think you get the gist, though?

Reoccurring NPC
    Okay, for some reason it won't let me quote now...

@Avarice - your character ideas sound cool, especially the Hyena! I can't wait to meet her.

@Xavirne - pretty much what my boyfriend said! The job would be relatively secure and you would actually have a place to live and three square meals a day. You would be in better standing than most civilians, or even above any (depending on rank). Disadvantages would be that you cannot speak your mind about Zeit-Tek, instead having to constantly praise them. It would be easier to be called out and arrested and killed for sedition, as your character would likely be monitored heavily by other soldiers and cameras and such. The medical care is of a higher grade and you would get it for free, though! I can't think of anything else which hasn't been mentioned.

Reoccurring NPC
    Sorry, Xavirne, I didn't see the rest of your question!

In answer, it depends on your character's rank. They will most likely be imposing rule on the citizens... I imagine a lot of training but very little military work (as in wars). They control the citizens, have more power than them. Sudden arrests, 'enhanced interrogation methods' and sudden killings are legal. I imagine they involve a fair bit of paperwork, but still. Legal. The soldiers hunt down Naevins, quell rebellion, act as riot police but more brutal and protect Zeit-Tek's employees and labs.

Maybe Sergei will decide he wants more territory and there will be an actual conflict.

How detailed does our history need to be? And is there anything I should touch on or include in my profile that I don't already have in there?

- hangouts -

Reoccurring NPC
    Nope, it's all fine! Thanks for giving such a detailed profile (:

Ha ha, no problem. I loooooove making characters and I usually tend to go overboard on them. I think Hel will be fun to play. It'll be my first time playing such a butch female. XD

- hangouts -

Sorry, the reason it's taking me so long to post is I just don't know what comes next. I've been looking at the overview, but all it says about the resistance is that it's subtle and small. But that doesn't mean there aren't leaders or a hierarchy. Seeing as I have pushed myself into a corner where my characters can ONLY continue as being part of a resistance in a well defined world without a well defined thing I'm trying to jump into.
    If that makes sense.

Sorry, the reason it's taking me so long to post is I just don't know what comes next. I've been looking at the overview, but all it says about the resistance is that it's subtle and small. But that doesn't mean there aren't leaders or a hierarchy. Seeing as I have pushed myself into a corner where my characters can ONLY continue as being part of a resistance in a well defined world without a well defined thing I'm trying to jump into.
    If that makes sense.
    There is no hierarchy to the rebellion, at this point in Zeit-Teks power, why would a bunch of junkies and lowlifes join together and try to take down a technologically advanced system? Part of this whole thing is using your imagination, you're allowed to add things that allow you to interact, I put a character nearby so you could interact, if you wanted. Your post didn't leave me much to open with.

Okay. Thanks.
    Sorry, just trying to get the view of this place, still.

Okay. Thanks.
    Sorry, just trying to get the view of this place, still.
    It's alright, misunderstandings happen but next time you have questions/problems please PM me so we can sort them out.

Reoccurring NPC
    @Avarice - (sorry, it still doesn't want to let me help!) I threw Stef in so he could talk to Data and Harvey when they come in. Bile is close to their location as well. They're both very friendly characters, and Stef will help anyone in trouble indiscrimately. I'm sorry, it would have helped if I had a profile up, but for some reason it won't let me with my tablet. I will have to have KavasIscariet do it for me c: