Login to your account

Thread: This Is War: A Tale of Assassins and Magic

This Is War: A Tale of Assassins and Magic

This is in no way related to Assassins creed, sure there are knights and assassins but there are mages, shape shifters and what not...
    ANd there are roles that will need to be filled

The Story:
    The 10'000 year war between two kingdoms has led to the point where the two sides are hiring anyone and anything to gain an advantage, one of these is the Assassins guild, famous for their stealth and swift kills but also feared and rumoured to be blood thirsty and violent. Eventually the Assassins are given a contract to kill the Princess of the Kingdom of Farhelm, they send one of their best to do the job but when he was able to get a clear shot, he couldn't do such a thing to such a young and beautiful woman. This Assassin climbed the walls and the tower un-detected and when he finally reached the top he got a closer look at this woman, she was his age and looking to the young Assassin with fear in her eye's. He was ashamed of himself for causing the Princess fear and climbed into the room, and the two stared at each other for a while and eventually the Assassin warned the Princess about the Contract and disappeared after jumping from the window. Ever since the Princess has been under heavy protection and little did she know, that one assassin had been watching over her protecting her from any other assassins.

On the opposite side in the Kingdom of Shadowmoon the king has had to deal with rebellions and uprisings because he was neglectful to his people. The Prince of Shadowmoon is part of this rebellions and is secretly plotting to take over and make things right and possibly bring an end to the war peacefully. In an effort to help him an apprentice mage has joined the rebellion, she looks up to the prince and tries to never leave his side. The prince himself is scared of seeing harm come to the young mage and has started acting cruel to her.

There are various guilds within each city and town but the hardest,and often most dangerous, to find is the Assassins guild, those able to get in are either very skilled or born into it.

This is a Fantasy world, there are no guns but there are bombs and cannons but those are rare to come by.

Magic is an art that requires dedication or natural talent, most people who can do it naturally are encouraged to become mages.

There are various races but humans are the most common. Elves, dwarves, orcs even Lizard men exist here.

The Roles
    Important:
    The Assassin (Male)
    The Farhelm Princess
    The Shadowmoon Prince/Rebellion leader
    The Apprentice Mage (Female)

Secondary (Semi-Important roles that the story can live without)
    The Farhelm Knight
    The Shadowmoon Knight
    The Ranger
    The Monk (Fist fighter)
    The Mercenary
    The Brute
    The Inventor
    The Bard
    The Alchemist
    The Healer/Cleric
    Feel free to make whatever type of character you wish, just don't make them all powerful or somehow invincible.

This is a Fantasy roleplay where alot of things are possible within reason, but guns will NOT exist it this game, the closest thing you can get to that is a Crossbow.

Magic can manifest in many ways, there are shapeshifters here there are also beings that have magic like abilities (if it makes sense)

Yes this is based around a story, there are only a few parts that are planned out but they shouldn't be too big to begin with.
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

I sort of like it.
    Though I have to say the shoe horned romance between the assassin and the princess is sort of turning me off from it.
    Why would someone who is hired by this secretive guild, who's entire life is based around killed, suddenly care if he kills the princess? The guild sounds pretty hard to get into.
    Also, why is the title called 'assassins and magic'? There is only one assassin in the role play by the look of it.
    Why not just keep the title as 'This is war', it would make more sense to me.
    Sorry if this might come off as harsh to you, I didn't mean it as a personal attack, just some things that did not sit well with me that I wanted to express.