Login to your account

Thread: Greetings, everyone.

Greetings, everyone.

I am Raimeii, 18 years old. I currently am a student, who is preparing for his language exam from English. I would like to be on the level to be able to achieve Cambridge certificate in advanced english for which I lack the sufficient knowledge. One part of this requires extending my active vocabulary, which I'd like to accomplish by taking up role playing or story writing as a hobby.

I haven't had much chance to role play, we could even say I have no experience at all. All I did that can be considered as role playing was play the role of some spontaneously made-up character with one of my friends using the method of instant messaging. This was a one time occasion only. However I've got to liking to acting as I am someone else, thus I decided to choose role playing over story writing.

I often find myself coming up with parts of a story before I fall asleep in my bed, hence I already have a character which was thought up in years' period. It has all begun with me stumbling upon a program called rpg maker. I wanted to make a jrpg sort of game with it, but I never finished anything I started, since I lost interest. As a result, I have many unused ideas. (I've also gotten quite good at using the aforementioned progam.)

I like fiction with dark atmosphere. My favorite type of weather is rain or when the sun's covered by clouds and I prefer stories set in forests, caves or horroristic places, excluding anything sci-fi related. Also, my character shares these preferences with me.

Since I am a newcomer, I have many question I have yet to find answers for regarding the use of this website. Therefore, I'd liked to inquire about, as my first question, whether one can make any character or is there a criteria for aspects such as race, abilities and such. I'd especially like to know if "anthro" characters are allowed.
    Secondly, is there an opportunity to role play with only one person at a time or should I go look for some other place?

I appreciate any feedback. It'd help me if you corrected any possible mistakes that I might have made too. Also, feel free to ask if I've forgotten something essential.
    Last edited by ReyRaimeii; 07-16-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Well, Raimeii, welcome to the site! Sorry for the delayed welcome, but, as you may have noticed, site went down for a little while! In any case, no worries, bro, everything is good again and, well, I'm here to save the day!!!

Just kidding.

And, no worries. Everyone has to start somewhere and well, this is an EXCELLENT place to begin. I mean, look, I'm a fan of "darker" story lines and don't mind a bit of rain! We already have loads in common, haha.

Hm, in terms of character creations... if you're planning to join an existing RP (one that you did not create), you'll probably be better off adhering to whatever rules the creator has outlined! Read the overview, look over the background information, and, most importantly, ask questions! People here are friendly and won't mind helping the mildly conufsed. But, going back to your question, yeah, I don't see why "anthro" characters wouldn't be allowed.

And, again, welcome to WTF. Enjoy your time here, make new friends, and kick it at one of the coolest places on the web. (;

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Hi Raimeii, welcome!

That's an interesting motive for joining a community such as ours, and I admire your initiative in sharpening your skill! Hah, I find myself doing the same thing before bed, but I often find that it's because I'm listening to music and it helps me paint a picture within my mind's eye.

Oh how I would love some rain right now...

Also! If you are looking for a place to roleplay with only one person at a time - head over here! You can make your own search thread or browse through the many others. Enjoy your stay! ^__^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

only one person at a time - head over here!
    I've actually fund it right after posting my introduction. Sorry for not looking around thoroughly earlier.

Welcome to WTFRPG.

I am trying desperately to catch up on welcomes and find myself failing, utterly and completely at having anything productive or interesting to say in response to people's introductions.

So, instead, I will post a random string of words that amuse me and are generally outside of the scope of general use.

Luciferous, Rantallion, Matriculate, Din

I hope this helps you pass the uber-test in English. Now I can feel like I've helped.

You can rest assured, you did help.