Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Twilit Bounds

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Twilit Bounds
    A story about dimensions and those mortals 'brave' enough to venture there

Welcome to 'Twilit Bounds'- I hope you do enjoy your stay. This RP is supposed to be comical and whimsical and most of all just FUN to post too. I notice that a lot of my RPs are quite dark and serious (not at all a bad thing) and figured it might be a good chance to invent something fun and sweet. Create whatever sort of character you want-! We will have quite the time. I assure you.

UPDATES

7/17/2012: Game created and character made for an example.
    7/18/2012: Advertising thread put up.
    7/28/2012: Game started.
    8/09/2012: And closed.

Feel free to post in here anything you want- just be polite to everyone. And thanks again for checking out my RP!

Last edited by NomDePlume; 08-13-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I JUST WANT TO CLAIM THREAD VIRGINITY.

you know, because I have no life and, well, can obviously snipe out all the first-posts of every thread, hur.

gosh, idk if that's really something to be proud of. );

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

/SCREAMS YAY You put it up! <3 Brb going to read!

Ugh, i can't seem to fix the awkward spacing.... jsdhkfjss. D:<

TUMBLR.

I raged too much this morning. So I took down the character and... I'm going to go about this in a different way. One... that won't cause me to rage, lol.

;________;

Don't worry, I got this. I really, really do.

TUMBLR.

Take your time love- I assure you that this RP will probably not fill up very fast. c:

Anyway- I loved the old couple! See variety- that is what I love and want (she says while she made two stereotypical characters- yes yes she realizes that).

You are all approved Utopia thank you for joining my RP. Really. It means a lot to me.

And speaking of characters- I need to get to work on a few other guests I have up my sleeve. Hur hur hur. Har har har. Bwah-hah-ha! And so on-

I was so raged this morning... I legit just... threw up the idea into the space and, obv, was not happy with that. But, I have something that I might like better... now that I've calmed down, LAWLZ.

. ______ .

TUMBLR.

I had the idea while sitting in my lab at work. At first I was hesitant about an older couple since everyone was so young, but then I was like...no, this will be awesome. All hotels have that random old couple on vacation. Gives me an excuse to be nosy and what not.

Yeah- Miss Peadbody is supposed to be older. But I couldn't find a good picture for her- I'll look around a bit more before we start. Elias is a bit younger but he won't be my only character- of course. Truth is no one had to stick to one main character unless they just truly want too- I want this to be a bit more freeform than most RPs. Then again I do understand getting attached.

Oh I also made a Mark Twain cat- but I feared I wouldn't do him justice. You do though and I love it. Also Howard Taft made me chuckle. XD

And it is alright Jing- just let me know when your character is spiffied up so I can glance over him.

Ack...I probably should have read other people's cats more closely. I was actually really bouncing back and forth between Mark Twain and Orson Wells. I mean Orson Wells could have always been a cat with his mischief and ego.

When you first added your couple to this, Utopia, I was secretly hoping it was Ira and Kite. XD I really want to see that couple played out.

And I considered making a thirteen and eight year old but I didn't want to make the parents so I went with a young adult instead. Yay for being lazy!

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Oh no no I never put Mark Twain cat on my profile- I worded that wrong. I just wrote him up- I mean I swear there are like five cats just sitting in my word document ready for use. And there they will probably stay. Sorry for the confusion.

Hah! Though Orson Wells would be pricless.
    I had an urge to an H.P. Lovecraft cat- because- honestly why not?
    Instead I went with two really easy choices- of course Merlin cat will have a bit to do outside the usual realm of kitties. Not that I thought that Merlin was real but then again this is a make believe world. So. Right. It was either that or Nicholas Flamel cat- but I didn't want to overload the house with French people.
    And Napoleon was a must.

I just spent an hour looking up cats on the Animal Planet website. So many choices. So many cute faces. I am in heaven. <3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

utopia, when i saw your characters and stuff, i was so envious of the idea. i was like: dafuq, why didn't i think of this?? hahaha...

and, i just ended up being lucky enough to find a picture where there was already a cat drawn in... so i used that. yep. luck. lol

TUMBLR.

Both of my characters are up, and their cats are my two favorite Romans, Caesar and Caligula. I thought it suiting that both of those men would end up as cats.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Also, I see that another one of the cats is Cleopatra. :V
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Yes! Haha, I figured that Momo deserved a figure like Cleopatra, haha.

TUMBLR.

I think her and Laurel will get along splendidly.

My cats are outcasts...

Sorry guys about not getting to everyone's skeletons yesterday- I'll hopefully be able to read through the rest of them today and get things approved if they fit the RP's criteria.

I also need to make a few characters- just as plain ole NPCs and maybe one other PC- Ernest Hemmingway is calling to me as a good cat to have. c:

oh man, i totally forgot that cats... since they're historical figures... have connections/relations with other historical people.. lawlz.

also, i found the perfect song for momo. <3

TUMBLR.

Yeah, Puff and Laurel totally had a kid that Laurel's nephew violently murdered as part of his ascension to power, using his uncle's death as the impetus for these actions.

Humble Farmer With a Sword SUPERKICKS's Avatar
    A land full of wonders and over bearing elders.
    This thread is now being stalked by a One SUPERKICKS.

Hallo. ewe

Mawe- welcome aboard Superkicks- so glad you are here.

;_;
    So glad.

Anyway guys- I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear before and I honestly didn't mean for there to be any confusion regarding such but just to reiterate: the characters in this RP are normal and average. I know we've all made them with some quirks to make them individual but beyond that they are no different than you or I. I thank the people that I've asked to alter a few things, and I'm sorry if I have put off anyone in doing so.

Apologies for not making that as clear as day.

On another note- I do believe this RP should start in a day or so- because we have quite enough players and characters for it. I still have heard from a couple of people that are interested in joining and so I'm not going to close it just yet- but I will once we start. Of course that is only to players and not so much characters. c:

Anyway- thanks again everyone who has joined and made these awesome characters!

-waits-
    Hi.

I am a bit busy this week (until the 3 of August). My family is in town from across the country for my son's first birthday. I will be checking in in the mornings before everyone is awake. But if I seem disappeared, that is because I am on a whirlwind adventure with my family. I am looking forward to the start of this game. I really want to play these characters- I love playing normal folks thrown into odd situations. And I am excited about playing some older people. *does the happy dance*

That is fine Utopia and totally understandable- I don't touch the internet when I'm around my folks. And awe-! That is so exciting about your son's first birthday. I do hope you have a lot of fun! And I'm also excited to see your characters in action! You always make the best characters- and I do love old people.

Usually I'm on in the early morning time 5-6 Central Time, but I haven't been these past couple of mornings because the internet at my house is down. I'm currently using the internet at my work but it won't let me post- it errors out on the 'make a post' button for some reason. Anyway I've sent my husband after the cable company and so maybe it should be up tonight or tomorrow- and THEN I should have a post for you guys. Sorry this RP was supposed to start last night. >_> But no worries it shall very soon! And just remember this RP is laid back- so do your best to have fun!

In the mean time I'm going to use my limited internet facilities here to answer PMs and finish my character profiles for this RP (I have new pictures but they are saved on my hard drive on my laptop -frowny face-).

Haha, excited for when this is gonna happen! And, a little bit of waiting, won't kill that. (:

TUMBLR.

My internet has been returned to me! Turns out the cable company applied some weird filter to everyone in our areas service- which in turn knocked it out.

Yaayyy-?

Anyway- first post has been made.
    So what do you need to do for yours?

Feel free to describe your characters' day thus far or you can start right when the action happens. Either way come down to the main foyer. Also feel free to introduce your cats- but you don't have too- it can be a slow reveal on them as well.

If you have any questions- just ask!

This is late, BUT, yay for your internet! /squishes

Excited for all them cats, lawlz.

TUMBLR.