The datastream howls and quakes, sending keyphrases and searchqueries flying. One user finds himself stranded without a webpage to hide out in while the bytestorm passes. He crawls to a search bar and enters the first three letters that comes to mind. Those letters just so happen to be r...p...g.... With his last ounce of energy he activates his searchbar and is whisked away from the storm on a new searchpath. He fades in and out of internet connection, before finally coming to in a new browser page. He staggers for the first webpage he sees.
The five foot tall starchy, tuberous vegetable stumbles into the webserver with his mind on only food, supplies and maybe some rest. He shucks off his weathered leather coat and looks around. He sees he has taken refuge in http://www.wtfrpg.com/, a strange, new place of the likes that he has never seen before...
His vision adjusts, and he enters the first link he sees, in search of FAQ. What he finds there is unlike anything he has ever come across, in all his years of interweb travels. Yes, he has heard of the so called 'RPG' websites, but never seen one for himself. His weary eyes are assaulted by all manner of activity, from vampires to mysterious dreamworlds to seemingly normal highschool settings, he is baffled and confused. This user is no beginner to roleplay, and has had his share of adventures, but this scrambled his servers unlike any so called rpg ever had.
But... he was not put off by the sights. No... he was somehow drawn to this place, entranced by the promise of adventure and daring. Seeking answers, he jumped over to the site rules and thus became thelonepotato, ready to forge a path into this new world.

Hi! So I'm new here. Like I said, I has roleplayed before on a few other sites, but I've always wanted to get into something more... not serious, but real. I am a beginner, but I am a writer and do have some chops when it comes to this kind of thing (as you can see).
I am interested in adventure rpgs mostly, but I can get into just about any kind of situation, I'm very flexible. I'm probably going to need some help getting around and getting used to the rules, but I think I'll catch on pretty quick.
I'm interested in trying to start some kind of stuperpowers rpg here, sort of a comedy superheroes thing. (EX: Oh no, it's the evil Dr. Evilman! Save us, Tree Man! "I'll save you! Tree Powers, activate!" *turns into a tree* that type of thing)

so, yeah! hopefully I'll find a place here and do some roleplay.

one question: how busy is this site? like, how fast do roleplays progress? if i were to make a post in an rpg, then how soon could i expect some interaction?