Login to your account

Thread: Greetings.

Greetings.

Stop me if you've heard this before: I got an email courtesy of Menewsha Mail informing me that a new roleplaying community was opening up and, being a fan of the occasional roleplay session, I decided to check it out. I have to say, I'm very impressed; I've never been on a website that catered specifically to roleplayers the way this one does.

But I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start at the beginning.

I first got into roleplaying when I came to GaiaOnline, back in 2004. I had no concept of what roleplaying even was at that point. Eventually, a more experienced user took me under her wing and taught me the ropes. I fell in love with the concept of it, and started participating in roleplays on a regular basis.

Now, Gaia was very good to me, and I don't regret my time there in the slightest, but as an RP environment, it was... Less than ideal. A large majority of the characters at play were poorly-written author avatars (including my own characters, in the beginning), often disappearing without any further notice after making one or two posts. Occasionally, you could find that perfect storm of good writing, dependable players and free time that was necessary to ensure a great RP session, but it wasn't often.

I still maintain a couple of active RP threads on Gaia, but I've been wanting to spread my wings for some time now. WTFRPG seems tailor-made to that purpose. I'm hoping to put down roots here and stay for awhile.

I'll tell you up front, I'm not largely familiar with the way roleplaying is done outside of Gaia; truth is, I've never really RPed anywhere else. It may take me some time to adjust to the writing flow of WTFRPG. I must ask that you please bear with me, and please let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

I'm Katz. Nice to meet you. Looking forward to writing with you soon.
    So you’ve heard of every instrument but?
    Torn from your history books is this pianola,
    This harpsichord of harm.
    The cruellest instrument to spawn from man’s grey cerebral soup.
    The Cat Piano.

Welcomes! Just joined here this morning and gotta say this place is awesome!! lol If you need any help with adjusting to rping outside of Gaia, I'm always willing to try =^.^= So feel free to come ask me anything and I shall try to help out^^
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Hello, hello! Nice to meet a fellow Gaian!I doubt you and I have met- recognize the name Saronda?
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

On that note, AWAY The kittens! *Record scratch* Wait, wait, wrong movie! Good day to you, good internetian!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Welcome! I am a 2004 Gaian of the past myself and yes I can totally understand your frustration with the current role playing "trends" going on over there. I've only been here a day, but to be completely honest, I haven't strayed away from this site since I logged in. I'm addicted. It shouldn't be too hard for you to adjust to here but if you are looking for a great place to start I recommend checking out The WTF Multiverse role play, mainly because it's very free formed. Anyway, I hope to see you around~!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Thank you for the warm reception, everyone. I already feel very much at home.

Tigerkytti
    Thank you very much for the offer, I certainly will take you up on it if I run into trouble.

Shadow Lady
    I'm afraid I don't, sorry. I never strayed far from the Chatterbox, you see. Strange, I know, given that the bulk of Gaia's RP takes place within the Barton Town forums, but that was where fate took me, and I am not one to question fate.

Aquaticus
    Ha ha! Nice to meet you! I must confess, I've seen a few of your posts around the Welcome Center forum. I must express my gratitude that you've chosen not to eat me. Yet, anyway.

Schizophrenic
    Ah, yes, the trends are what annoyed me the most, and were ultimately the deciding factor in my decision to leave Gaia behind. I can't count the number of roleplays I've come across that require the use of BBCode heavy, eye-burningly bright "pretty" posting styles. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against posting styles, but I think we can all agree that there's a point where it becomes excessive. It's almost like the writing itself was an afterthought to those people.

I thank you for your suggestion, I'll absolutely check out The WTF Multiverse.
    So you’ve heard of every instrument but?
    Torn from your history books is this pianola,
    This harpsichord of harm.
    The cruellest instrument to spawn from man’s grey cerebral soup.
    The Cat Piano.

Glittering text, shiny letters, and an overabundance of sparkling vampires, that's why I stopped rping there. XD I'll eat you later, when I'm hungry. For now though, your tasty newness can go uneaten! Also, do you go better with mustard or ketchup?
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

No eating them silly ~ pokes a certain some one in the whole in their armour~ lol any how, welcome on hun! I'm sure you'll pick up on the styles here in a hurry. From what I've seen the creator is amazing and all or most of the first wavers are friendly and excited about this place. He he can't wait to see you around n.n

Nice to meet you Katz. I'm a Gaia refugee myself and understand your frustrations and hope in that community. I found that the massive pile of chaff made the wheat of a good roleplay even that much better.

Hope to collaborate with you soon!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

Oh gosh, Gaia. T_T I learned from that site as well. I don't like it anymore due to reasons already mentions.

Glad to have you here, I hope you have a wonderful time.

You know - I had roleplayed before I found Gaia. So when I went there and saw how many people were there my first thought was, "oh my god - this is going to be great! So many roleplayers to choose from! I'm like a kid in a candy store!" But when I visited the roleplaying forums, I'd see just row after row of "[gender] in a [place], [other gender] try to [action x], [y] or [z] them." and shoddily made fantasy, fan and supernatural rpgs that I had total sadface about it. I did a lot of digging and even the ones that sounded interesting tended to have really 6th grade rping styles of, "She was so pretty that you're heart brakes just looking at her. She is waring a tank top and short shorts and her hair is really kewl looking. "Hi", she said.", that sort of thing. So even more sadface.

I mention this to agree that sometimes you just have to know when to try other places, but otherwise to go, "Wow, and you have such a strong personal voice when you write your posts here." Because though I know perfectly well there are very good writers and roleplayers over on Gaia (usually hidden in guilds), my brain still refuses to accept it. ::laughs::

Anyway! Welcome to WTF RPG! If you need any assistance learning the ropes here, just let me know. :3 (Also, howdy neighbor! I'm just over a ways in Alabama.)
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin