WIP

This is messy, pulled from an interest-gathering post and will be edited and expanded.

=============

You know how I said that characters could die? (Even my own characters?) I wanted some sort of "game mechanic" for it, so that even as much as we'd grow attached to our own (and each others') characters, there would always be a risk that didn't depend entirely on players deciding to let their characters succumb to the fight or me/villains setting up a situation that would make it only fair that the heroes failed. But I also wanted it to be a situation where how much risk would be up to the player/character.

So, yes, there would still be situations where the player would look at a situation and say, "It's only fair if my character is injured/killed by this." and can make the decision purely on a storytelling platform.

But there would also be dice involved.

Hopefully it won't be too complicated a system, but the essential part is: in plot-relevant situations, superpowered heroes and villains roll dice based on the strength of the power they're trying to use. By "plot-relevant situations", I mean things like battles or similar circumstances, not "sitting on the toilet and using my superpowers to make the book that is out of reach fly into my hand" or "trying to flirt with the Queen by impressing her with my use of powers". Instead, the situation must be stressful and failure would mean more than being embarrassed or without reading material. xD;

=============

Please note:
Though your character will not have an "official" HP/PP (hit points or power points) scale, players are still expected to keep things "reasonable" on the side of fairness. The higher the power level used, the more tired they should be and the less they should be able to do after until they've had a chance to recover.