Login to your account

Thread: Game Question

Game Question

Dumb question incoming.

If I lock the main location which has sublocations and the sublocations are not locked. Will it lock the sublocations with it?

That's a wordy sentence right thar.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong (since I'm new too XD) but from what I've read and seen, if you lock the main location, while the sublocations are not exactly "locked" (in word), they can't be accessed unless the characters have the key to the main location.

At least, that's how I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiel View Post
    Well, correct me if I'm wrong (since I'm new too XD) but from what I've read and seen, if you lock the main location, while the sublocations are not exactly "locked" (in word), they can't be accessed unless the characters have the key to the main location.

At least, that's how I understood it.
    Aha. Thanks for the clarification.

I feel less dumb now.

Tahiel got it right. :3

It's really confusing to write it out (the coder caused my brain to bork so severely when he phrased it to me in coder-speak) but easier to see in practice. :3

Sub-locations will always follow the key of the higher locations first and their own second. So if you had an office building that only employees could access, a character would need a key to get into it to visit the rooms within. The locked areas within a locked area will need their own keys, but you still can't access the inner rooms without the first key. (It's easier when you think of it in terms of buildings and the rooms within them.)
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin