Login to your account

Thread: New to WTF and all around colorful character ;)

New to WTF and all around colorful character ;)

Hey all! I'm sunshinerae - avid character developer, designer, illustrator, and former swimmer. I'm not new to writing and role-playing ... just to this kind of site-based RP. Just thought I'd say hello to everyone out here in cyber-space while I'm fiddling around looking at everything.

Um... a little about myself? I'm 22, and I enjoy romance novels (Karen Marie Moning and Larissa Ione), swimming, sunlight, digital painting, new music, movies that have attractive male characters, Glee, and I have an obsession with behind the scenes footage and opening title sequences. My favorite opening sequences are to Dexter, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, and season 2 of Teen Wolf.

My favorite kinds of RPs are fantasy based and modern, where I have some creative freedom to make some really interesting characters. I have a thing for vampires, shifters, and very outgoing characters (male or female). I just honestly love character development.

Welcome to WTF!

There are a number of games here that may appeal to your sense of romance and creativity. There are lots of great games around- some serious, some not. Some dramatic, some comedic, some a mix of lots of things.

I look forward to seeing your character designs. The Full Feature games really have a lot of room for in depth character development with the character forms. I think you may find it appealing.

Anyway, Welcome! We are mostly nice people (Except for me...I am old and crotchety.)

Hello, hello. xD Welcome to WTF! I'm glad you found us. :3 If you have any problems getting around, please don't be shy about asking for help. :3 We're a pretty friendly bunch and we're happy to help get you settled somewhere. :3

I also draw! Not professionally, but I do draw. (And I write romance under a pen name. It's a secret pen name though, shh. )
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thanks for the welcome, all!

It's a lot to take in but I like it so far. And thanks - I'm looking forward to making those characters. lol
    And yay drawing! I'm really pumped to get started with all of this. It's just a matter of getting a character sheet in order and actually figuring out how to interject into the post.

Do you guys find it easier to just dive in guns blazing or stalk the post a little and find a good entry for the character? I'm so eager to just dive in, lol.

I am personally a stalker when it comes to existing games. But on new games (less than 10 posts) I just dive right in. But go with whatever works for you.

on this site its better to stalk a bit and then jump in, as well as let the gm know you're interested in their game. Typically they can give you some idea of what they want.
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Ah, welcome, i'm new too, but I am finding it hard to join a roleplay on the roleplay tab....

Greetings and Salutations, Rae!!

I hope you will enjoy your stay here, you seem like a really fun and bubbly person - someone I'd like to be around! I love to dive right in, I tend to get overexcited and lack the ability to restrain myself. But I do stalk a little and make sure I know everything I need to know before jumping in!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Welcome to WTF!

Yeah, characters development is one of the most fun thing to write about, along with plot building!