Login to your account

Thread: OOC : Sailor Moon: Retro Zodiac

Sailor Moon: Retro Zodiac Out of Character

This is a place to chat, banter, get to know the players behind the characters and ask questions.

Be one with the silly! Be one with the Fun!
    Last edited by Utopia; 06-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Ahhh!!! What is this you are working on?! :D :D :D
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Something I have been wanting to run for a while. Dice! Sailor moon! Magical girls! 1950's stereotyping! Something of a comedy and melodrama. And very little to be taken seriously. (Really, one of the yoma I built is a waiter/spaghetti monster.)

WAIT, I do remember you talking about this! I would love some comedy. I NEED it.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

The game is just about open. I just need to completely reformat all of my Character creation stuff since I have it all set up in tables and the full feature threads don't let you use tables. *annoyed*

Finally done laying out the character creation rules! This means we are open for applications! Hooray!

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Well when I get to the house and have a solid block of time to read the character creation guide and get a good feel for how things should go I will totally be on this. Sadly enough I have TWO ideas- but I don't want to submit two characters if someone else wants in on this. Ah decisions. Decisions. But thinking jocky air-head girl scout, and a boy sailor scout (why? Because it is hilarious. XD)

Anyway.
    Hopefully I should have a working profile here in the next day or so.

I will finish up Sailor Libra to have an example up.

I figure if people are lazy, I can always just do all the stats and stuff for them.

Alright.
    Going to work on my character!
    Just have to find a picture first- already have the Sailor part of it made (XD) just trying to find a suitable anime-like picture to portray my character with as I usually fall towards more realistic pictures. But I figured we needed to get an idea of how he looked as a- well- boy. And I'm trying to find pictures that are 50's-ish as to not disrupt that time period too much.

And then I'll get to work on the stats and what not. And if I have any questions I'll let you know. c:

You can use it in the overview- it doesn't work in the threads. (I know, I have tried every way I know how.) I didn't want to have a gazillion pages to scroll through for the overview (where tables do work, I use them all the time). But in the thread itself, they don't.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Also, Yay! Character! So you know, I am willing to run this with just one person and add more as people become interested.

I had hoped to get more done last night.
    I blame my husband and his need to purchase a new TV. It is one of those new fancy ones with 3D and so of course we had to mess with that all night. Not that we really needed a new TV anyway- he has just been eyeballing one for the past month.

Anyway- if does turn out to be just us I have no problem taking on another Sailor and/or Knight and maybe some town NPCs. And heck if we did add more people it would be like the anime. XD But I'm sure some others will get interested- why not- it is an interesting game and seriously- who doesn't love Sailor Moon?
    Well beyond my husband who rolled my eyes at me last night playing with that senshi sailor doll maker.

Geh, I pray my husband never needs a 3d TV. That would be the end of my watching TV every again. I can't see the 3D and it gives me a migrain right after I vomit my guts up.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, start out with Sailor Libra (being the 1950's version of Sailor V). Then add the first sailor. Then just add them as they discover each other. If you want to play another role, go for it. I also have love for the boys who change into Sailors. I am hoping for really ridiculous attacks (I mean one of the Sailor Starlights has the attack "Star Gentle Uterus"). One of my friends actually made a character whose magical item was her panties- cracked me up. Her transformation was "By the power of my panties, I will depants you!"

I actually have run this game several time in the real life and I even got my husband to play because it is so silly. In fact, usually I have a pretty even gender split when I get people to play with me. Which is somewhat shocking. I also make people actually pose and shout when we play.

Well it switches inbetween 3D and 2D depending if what you have is 3D compatible. And fortunately it isn't one of those that makes me nauseous because a lot of them do. Then again we only saw one thing and its 3D was minimal- I fear that the larger ones will make me want to puke in a boot.

See I thought that is what she was. XD I always loved the fact that they were 'masked' superheroes that were almost like pop idols. Yeah as the story progresses I have no problem bringing in other sailor/knights if we don't get a good head count. I'll try to scout around though and see if anyone is interested- nostalgia for the win. Hah! When I read in the character synopsis that a male turning into a sailor was acceptable, I was like: yes I want that. I think Mark's is just going to involve a lot of gender confusion and attempting to find ways to glue his skirt down. *snort* I don't remember that attack but that is hilarious- then agian I think I missed the Starlight ones. Hah-hah panties. I was thinking about really awful puns- really awful puns for mine or awkward hand guestures. I'll get it figured out.

Oh really? That is fun! I was reading along- and this seemed really well put together for a first time thing. Then again you always do a good job with things- so I'm really not surprised. Yeah I can't get my husband to do much table-top he pretty much begins and ends his experience with DnD and mild Shadowrun. Though truth be told we only have a set of friends that will participate many think they are 'too cool' and hate math. While character sheets are not my favorite thing either- I don't think it is THAT daunting.
    Our last GM made us have obligatory dialogue to do anything- which I like honestly- but my husband's character was a dwarf and kept getting more drunk and Irish the further we got in.
    But now I'm rambling...

Anyway- I'll try to get everything wrapped up this evening. Today is turning out to be pretty busy at work- so I might not have time to fart around and get anything accomplished.

Actually...there is a premade BESM character generator out there that works with the Sailor Moon rules. I'll see if I can find the link. (Though I have added some made up attributes and skills for my house rules.)

Also... I love Shadowrun. *happy dance*

Okay!

I do believe I am done.
    You of course might want to check my math but I do believe I managed to get everything in there pat. And I'm also trying to get a good brainwave on names of attacks- as they seem a bit lame in comparable to sheer comedic excellence they could be. Though most of Mark's catch phrases are going to be an awkward smattering of man/woman talk.

Oh and his 2 in loss of transformation I figured was any time that he felt flirted with or otherwise had a moment of doubt where he might actually be female he would revert back.

What method did you use for your stats/attributes? Method 1 or 2?

Just using a quick eyeball, I would say you have 9 extra General Attribute points to spend since you took 9 points of defects (that is the bonus of taking defects). Also, if my math is correct, 5(base body) + 6 (base mind) + 6 (soul) is 17, not 18, so you have 1 stat point to spend as well.

Method 1, because I didn't want to complicate things too much until I got a hold of it. I usually like letting the dice decide my stats but since I was rather new to this I figured that I best play it simple.

And whoops I totally forgot about the defects. >_> I was just having fun with penalties- I think that might make me a bad person. And I knew I had a math fail in there somewhere because me and the laptop calculator were having issues last night. Most of those issues due to the fact I was trying to type in the dark... because I'm awesome.

I also tend to make more mistakes when I type in the dark. Yet, I touch type. No clue how it is related.

I have math head so I do all the calculations with the power of my brain. So, there is the possibility that I mess things up as well. But basically I just add by 10s to see where I am.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Also! Bonuses!

For your history, take +2 extra Skill Points. For all your pictures, take +4 extra General Attribute points. And we'll work out what your item of power can do as well.

Hah-hah. Yeah I know what you mean it is almost as if you aware you're in the dark and your hands are going to intentionally fumble things about. I do some of the simpler math in my head but I like to double check with a calculator to make sure I am right.

Yay bonuses.
    And I think I got everything squared away if you wanted to discuss the item(s) (I made another with the extra points I had) of power. Also- the base stats do equal 18- I just put the modifiers next to them for easy access later on. I sort of clarified all of that on the page because I left it super vague.

Ah ha...

I thought you had already done the math and I was looking at the final stat.

You base attack would be based on the final stat so: (11+2+6) / 3 = 19/3 = 6.333 = Rounded 6

Total AVC would be: 6 + Combat Mastery (2) - Awkward (0) = 8 (+2 with the bow as a physical attack)
    DCV is correct.

For the bow- what did you have in mind for it? I was thinking it could turn anything into an arrow for you to fire as a physical attack and do 20 damage and then a little bonus based on what you used to make an arrow. So, pick up a rock, you have a stone arrow that has a small chance of petrifying the enemy (like save vs 4 or so). Pick up a bit of metal and the metal arrow formed as a chance to turn into a wire to wrap around the enemy (same save vs 4). Etc. And with a physical or energy attack on the bow, when you crit fail you hit- it will never hurt an ally or innocent civilian in the way. Maybe also +10 EP on top of that.

Boots- High/powerful jumping is great with evolution later on. Also, they would absorb damage when you land off of tall buildings/ extra high leaps so you don't worry about falling damage. I think also add +1 initiative.

Also, Sympathetic Kick of Sensitive Areas = WIN!

Idling around the internet today and being bad about actually writing posts.

Instead I am making fashion spreads for the people of Piney Bay!

Benjamin Cross, Mayor of Piney Bay
    Ms. Julia Hargrove, Headmistress of the Meredith G. Hargrove School for Gifted Girls
    Lizzie Black, Piney Bay High Student Council Treasurer

---edit

I also just noticed that you were charging yourself too many points for your secondary attacks. Remember Second attack is 2pts/level if it is equal in power to your primary and 1pt/level if the level is less than your primary (or highest level attack).
    Last edited by Utopia; 06-30-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday- sort of just didn't want to hang around the internet after I get home. XD

Anyway that sounds good- real good actually- for the bow. I'll add that in shortly. And I warn you it will pretty much be a c/p job with a minor bit of editing. And I'll plop in that +1 initiative for the boots.

Hah! I thought that that was rather ingenious feeling on my part. I did want him to have a couple of 'serious' powers given that he would actually be in fights, but the third one I thought might be humorous. It is pretty much a glorified kick to the groin- and this is why he is quite a bit sympathetic.

Oh that is super cute. I forgot about polyvore.
    I especially like the headmistress's outfit.

Whoops and I thought they all cost the same considering they were all attacks. I swear to you I read the rules! XD I'll go edit that.