Login to your account

Thread: OOC : HELP I DON'T GET IT - where to ask for advice about game LOGISTICS!

Humble Farmer With a Sword
    This is the first post for the thread, OOC : HELP I DON'T GET IT - where to ask for advice about game LOGISTICS!.

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

I have a few questions!

First off: how literate is this roleplay intended to be? (To assure to you that I am not questioning peeps' abilities to read and write, and in case you do not lurk in places like Gaia Forums and haven't come across the context for the term/question:
    'Literate': A good roleplayer. Specifically, a literate roleplayer does not use chat-speak, spells word correctly, and has proper usage and grammar. And syntax. I enjoy the word 'syntax'. It should be used. Often.)

I mean, I'm assuming that by the above definition, we're going to be literate. But I'm also wondering how you want us to type out dialogue and actions and such. Dialogue in quotes, actions written in between as they would in a book? Actions declared as OOC things, whether or not rolls would be involved? Something else?

The second two are more suggestions for threads, but I'm too lazy to make a different post and/or figure out where said post would go.

Anywho~!

First suggestion: creation of a suggestion thread! Which is...well, where we could post suggestions for various OOC threads to be made, or perhaps even other things. I haven;t the foggiest what at the moment, but the future belongs to those who live in it.

Second suggestion: a music thread! By which I mean a thread where we can post suggestions for music that we feel goes along with the roleplay (whether it be for certain locations, characters, elements of plot, or even just the roleplay as a whole).

In fact, perhaps we may have various art related threads...? Such as one for writing--writing SUPER CRACK pairings, intense woobie drabbles, other varieties of fanfiction, enjoyable poems, and so on. Ooo, and maybe art. I'm pretty good at making crappy MS Paint 'art' for roleplay!!! 8D

Er...yeah. Okay, I should start. STOP! Freudian slip, eheheheh... :'D

--Kaila

Humble Farmer With a Sword
    The suggestion thread is coming your way! As is the music thread (what a GREAT IDEA!!! I already have a load of songs for it), and a fic thread. I love your brain!

Secondly, I was mentally going with "as literate as the players want to make it". Which basically means that unless it gets to the point where people cannot understand who they are talking to, or unless one person keepz talkng N lolspk, yo and it's making everyone else crazy, I would not intervene with any stylistic/logistical stuff. I would request that for everybody's sake, as well as my own, you note SOMEHOW who you're talking to and what you're doing, action-wise, within your post, but it's up to you what form that notification will take. If you want to do something where a roll is involved, then PLEASE NOTE THIS within the post and I'll roll for you and let you know asap (12 hour delay as an ABSOLUTE maximum, if only because of the time differences involved) whether or not you've succeeded. This is why I've asked for everybody's stats!

If you want to initiate combat, then go to the separate combat thread that I will create as soon as the campaign officially starts (which will be whenever everybody in the campaign joins the forum).

Hopefully that answers all questions?

That it does, indeed. Thank you, Amelia!

Question:

I am completely new to this website, and am so far impressed. I love forum RPs, and being that this website is made specifically FOR roleplays just makes it that much better to me. I went looking for a good roleplay to introduce me to this site, and I think this was the only one that stuck out automatically. So congrazzles.
    However, being that I have come from Gaia (Like four years ago. xD), other random forum roleplays, and World of Warcraft roleplaying, I would like to understand your expected posting style.
    Specifically, how do you want us to formulate the posts? I am a fan of "pretty posts" (BBC and HTML coding, et cetera.) But I extremely familiar with standard posts.
    To elaborate:
    -Pretty Posts: Coding your posts to have dialogue in a specified colour, small size and aligned to a different side, adding a picture of your toon on the side or having the Who(You're with), Where(You are) and What(You're doing) included on the bottom of the post for those who glance through to see what they have missed.
    -Standard Posts: Just typing your post and pressing enter.
    I would also like to know if there is any limit to the supernatural species in thie roleplay. I looked through the characters, and have seen mainly just magyk-bearing humans, vampires, and werewolves. I, personally am a Werewolf roleplayer, but, what if I were to introduce a type of Fae? I just don't see the limit or guidelines on this.

Thanks!
    -Laeni
    Last edited by GrammarNazi; 09-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Laeni,

Thank you for showing interest in our roleplay! Unfortunately, we are not accepting new members at this time. Everyone in this roleplay knows each other personally, and are using a tabletop RPG system to play with--hence why no rules are posted.
    I'm sorry that we cannot accept you at this time, but I wish you luck in finding a roleplay that will capture your interest!

~Sky