I have a problem, my dear fellow roleplayers.

I was "raised" on chat-based roleplaying games. I'm used to the quickness of replies, the longer "run" of back and forth until someone has to log off, and knowing when someone's replied without it having to be routed through email services.

In short, though I love to roleplay, and as much as I'm interested in roleplaying with you guys, I'm leery of joining peoples' games because it's not the way I play best and my experience shows that I'll be into it for awhile, but the slow pacing of waiting for peoples' replies will eventually get to me and I'll lose interest or only check for new posts sporadically. :/ (Color me deeply sad since there are probably at least a half dozen games out there right now that I would play the hell out of if I could, and at least another half dozen that have "died" for "lack of interest"...)

ANYWAY. I'm wondering if there are any other players out there who are interested in roleplaying by IRC with a session start time?

This is how it would work:

- We'd have an IRC room for in-character chat and a room for out of character chat to keep the logs of the game "clean".
- We'd pick day(s) where the majority of players could show up and spend at least an hour playing.
- After the session, someone (most likely me) would post the rpg log to the forum, based on plotline.
ie: "The Battle Against Captain Dread" might last two sessions before it reaches its natural conclusion, so there would be posts from both sessions of the chat logs nested under one "Location".
- Side plots could be handled through Character Journals (either posting chatlogs or roleplaying in the thread itself, depending on what method the players are most comfortable with).

And so now you're probably thinking, "Well, that's all well and good." (Or, alternately, "Totally not my bag, I don't have time for that.") And then you'd continue your thought with, "But what sort of game is Maneki talking about anyway?"

SUPERHEROES.

Obviously, you don't have to fully commit to a game until you've seen the write-up for it, but this is just me gauging general interest and what those who are interested in IRC games are most interested in playing - so we can play sooner.

NOTE: Edited to remove references to the other two games I was talking about. :B