Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: predatory ● instincts ● ooc

predatory ● instincts ● ooc

What's your predatory instinct?
    Treasure Hunting + Mecha + Ghost Slaying + Action-Adventure + Supernatural
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    Link to roleplay | Link to Recruitment
    | Link to Profiles
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-08-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Q U E S T I O N S & A N S W E R S

The mecha can be animal shaped, humanoid-looking, or whatever. There really isn't a right or wrong look. So long as you're able to ride it and fight with it, you're good. For the record, you can also get new mecha along the way. Most people will probably remain loyal to their partner (as it's rumored that a bond between man and machine can happen, which unlocks a new level of awesome), but it is totally possible to upgrade (or lose one due to Judgement Day).

The gems are said to be holy stones from ancient deity. The object is to gather gems and use them to power the mecha. To move a mecha, you'll need a standard "base gem," like a ruby, emerald, sapphire, etc. These would have a special shape to represent your symbol. Like if someone is really motherly, she might get a heart-shaped gem that will fit her gauntlet.

Once the base gem is discovered, you'll be able to move the mecha. Granted, it won't have special powers, not yet. That's where the ancient gems of the gods come into play. So let's say you're seeking Zeus' gem. Once you find it, wherever it is hidden, you can equip it to your gauntlet, which will transfer the gem's strength and power to the mecha. If you were to get a Zeus gem, your mecha would be equipped with the element of lightning.

I should probably mention that it's totally possible to get multiple base gems. Base gems serve as mecha upgrades. You might get a pair of wings or a sword if you can find new base gems.

Demonic spirits = spiritual beasts = ghosts. All the same thing. Living creature's souls that have crossed over from the afterlife are upset that they died. Because of their death and hatred of all things living, they have become ugly with sin. Most have become demonic looking creatures. So a human spirit isn't quite human looking. They look more like a twisted ghoul than a human. Animal spirits might look different, too. Some things remain pretty and normal, but that's because they aren't tainted with the desire to become mortal again. So, naturally, there are good, bad, and neutral spirits. Most good spirits get killed immediately or they don't even cross onto Earth. Neutral would be the same. Evil are the ones that currently roam America and the rest of the world.

They are seeking living souls so that they can be reincarnated into something better. A semi-immortal creature (we'll call them demons). These demons can to kill everyone and everything because life isn't fair. They can't grasp that death is an essential part of life, hence their hatred.

The Agency is out to stop the spirits from killing everyone and turning Earth into a graveyard. And since technology and weapons of the here and now don't work, the agency had to find something to kill said spirits. That's where the mecha come into play. The mecha are given supernatural powers from the gods of old -- the gods the spirits probably once worshipped when they were living.

Back to the spirits. They don't have to be recently dead people. Some of these spirits might hail from ancient Egypt. Others from China or Medieval Europe.

Anyway, the Agency wants to stop Judgement Day from launching another large scale attack. Judgement Day is a group of humans gone nasty. They, too, lust for immortality like the departed spirits. Since they seek the same end result, the spirits joined up with Judgement Day to help take out the Agency. Now, the spirits with Judgement Day can only be animal spirits (spiritual beasts). Judgement Day people cannot have people partners.

So, long story short, it's a fight to save the world kinda story. Good (the agency) wants to stop these evil spirits and Judgement Day from killing everything and destroying Earth.

Format for the COMM SYSTEM or WIRE MESSAGES
    HTML Code:
    [FONT=Courier New][COLOR="#000000"]message from SENDER to RECEIVER(S)
    sent at TIME[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [QUOTE]Message goes here.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Somehow you managed to make a mech rp I'm fairly interested in. Dammit Xavri, you always get me!

Still haven't decided whether or not to commit, but I'm watching chu!
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Let's be honest, I wouldn't join a mech roleplay if it was suppa boring. I had make it somewhat interesting or I'd lose interest. While making this, I was thinking, "What awesome ideas do I want to pool together to help make this epic." Indiana Jones. Tomb Raider. Gantz. Digimon. Code Geass. FFX-2. Those things all came to mind. So I took ideas from each and morphed them together to create a rather an odd combination of genres that seems to work. Somehow. XD

I just gotta work out the backstory and a few other things with the mechs and it should be good to go.

>.> You're always stalking me. <3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Well I think I may join as a Judgement Day person with a tiger spirit. Not sure yet. Cause a mech sounds hella fun. So I may do that too, and play too people.

AND YOU STALK ME JUST AS MUCH <3

:O No way. I'm going to have two characters, too. O.o; Actually more since Sycom and Daliah are kinda needed. And a bossman for Judgement Day. ALL THE BOSSES. I shall be them all.

A tiger beast spirit sounds epic. I'm feeling a... bird... for the leader. xD

Yup. I stalk chu on Facebook everyday. :3

- hangouts -

Can they ride said spirit beasts? Because someone mounted on a giant white tiger is just really badass.

I know you do! But its okay. I'm not creeped out :P

Yes! Special saddles. XDDDDDDDDDDDD Kidding, no saddles. But they can totally ride them. Unless it's really tiny like a frog. O_o;

Sweet. I can continue my efforts. LOL

- hangouts -

Its decided. I'm joining. And playing two people.

Does it matter which slots I request?

Also, carry on. That Be the Leaf vid was amusing.

Nope. You can pick any team slot you'd like. I'm not picky.

BE THE LEAF. YESSSSSS. I think that needs to be my new signature. XD

- hangouts -

Would you please explain the stats system you are working with?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

I'm pretty much letting it be free to all. So long as you're not unreasonably powerful, I don't care what the stats look like. As the roleplay advances, I'll be updating the bars. So, since you're leaning toward a mechanic, I would imagine that he's strong so he can fix things. I would probably make that his best stat, if I were you.

Anyway, these stats aren't really for you guys, they're for me. It's going to help me determine what kind of mech (element-wise) you'll get. It'll also help me determine how successful you are at missions and such. And it'll probably help out your teammates, too. If you're on Team B and you've got strength, someone with good defense might want to join your team to assist you.

O_o; Hope that makes sense.

- hangouts -

Humble Farmer With a Sword SUPERKICKS's Avatar
    A land full of wonders and over bearing elders.
    Stalking this thread.

It has been fortold by the Supreme Kick Goddess.

Rankings make me sad D: I always feel like I'm doing my character a disservice when I rank lol

It's always do hard to choose the order, but I shall!

I can't decide if I wanna do ranks or do a scale of 1 to 10. But I went with ranks... for now. Will probably change it again. XD

- hangouts -

ugh i need to change them...

I will...

eventually

Don't bother. I think I might just get rid of it all together. XD

- hangouts -

Gah. I didn't get to work on it today since work was so hectic. I'll just be safe and say that I'll open it Monday, June 25th. XD

- hangouts -

Just need to finish up the Background and we will be all set to start tomorrow. Since my Mac laptop doesn't have Photoshop right now, I'll also have to add the icons for the locations in throughout the week as I stumble across them.

Thanks for joining and I hope we all have a fun time hunting treasures known as gems and mecha! B|

- hangouts -

So can we post our ideas in Gems and Mecha yet? Or would that be presently discouraged?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Go for it! Just make sure it's in the other OOC thread. Oh and don't worry about duplicate powers. I've got several ideas on how to make them unique.

- hangouts -

:3 Working on the intro post right now. Might take a while to get up. -_____- I seem to be needed in a million and one things today. Stupid audits.

- hangouts -

Oops! Sorry about that massive post. ><;
    Anyway, it's really just a tour and then Daliah and Sycom doing a very poor job at explaining what the agents' duties are. XD

- hangouts -

Oh lord!

We're starting! This is exciting...
    But... I didn't even notice. Gotta get to reading and posting now. D:

It's all good. There's no rush. :3

- hangouts -

No rush, My butt. :P

I'm excited. First post on this place. Done! :>

Humble Farmer With a Sword Riku27's Avatar
    This is going to be fun

:O Congrats on the first post, Kicks!

And not to toot my own horn, but... yes, this will be fun. XD

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Also, I'll just give her a name. XP
    Poopy Pants Nejgwirwuqi.
    Idk why I picked such an awkward surname for them, but whatevs.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

NOTE:
    All members are NEW to the agency, save for Daliah and Sycom.
    If you suggested or hinted otherwise, please correct this error.

Sorry that went a little fast, but I always hate those drawn-out boring introductions. So I'm pushing us right along into the story.

Feel free to have your characters interpret everything Daliah said. You don't have to, though. If you would rather, you can just write a post that has your character leaving the base and waiting outside for the others. You could even have them interact with the crowd and media that is gathered around in the streets of the city.

- hangouts -

-flops about, waiting for next post-