Login to your account

View Poll Results: Which genre(s) are you interested in...?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • space western

8 53.33%
  • sword & planet

6 40.00%
  • action comedy

5 33.33%
  • faction

4 26.67%
  • utopian/dystopian

7 46.67%
  • high fantasy

10 66.67%
  • dark fantasy

13 86.67%
  • medieval

5 33.33%
  • other (please share)

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Trying to Create a New Group Roleplay

Trying to Create a New Group Roleplay

The wonderfully amazing a9nicole and I (not so wonderful but whatever, you gotta deal with it) are teaming up to create a group roleplay that is outside the usual genres that currently populate WTF. During our frolicking through the endless list of genres (seriously, it's like a mile long), we stumbled upon some that we considered making a story out of. Now, before we get crazy wild, create a world, a government, a set of laws, a plot, and all that other jazz, we wanted to make sure we had an interest. There's no point in wasting our time and efforts if no one joins, right?

We've gone through the lists and have narrowed it down to these few ideas.
    space western
    sword & planet
    action comedy
    faction
    utopian/dystopian
    high fantasy
    dark fantasy
    medieval

These are pretty broad terms and all, but don't worry, we'll be adding our thoughts/potential ideas momentarily. This is really just going to serve as our melting pot of ideas and, from here, we'll pick the ones that seem to have the most interest. Then, we'll let our powers combine and create a shiny new roleplay. :3
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

How about technology run by magic?
    not sure what youd call that but it ain't steam punk
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

I feel like there's a LOT of technologically forward rps on here. Like everywhere you look is another futuristic roleplay. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but thats something to take into consideration.
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Doesn't help that I just made one... kinda-ish. XD

- hangouts -

XAVRI

QUIT MAKING TECHNOLOGY!!!

(required lower case so all caps stays all caps)
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

It's kinda tech-like. Only the agency has technology. Everyone else has to deal with... FIRE for lighting. XD XD XD
    Okay, maybe that's too basic, but you get the idea.

ALSO WE NEED TO WORK ON SOMETHING...
    after I pee.

- hangouts -

What the heck is sword and planet?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

So, do you already have a few plot bunnies or it's not here yet?

Sword and Planet
    A subgenre of science fantasy, it focuses on swashbuckling adventures on other planets.
    Strude shared some of the genres with us over here.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Artsydaze View Post
    So, do you already have a few plot bunnies or it's not here yet?
    Nicole and I have been talking about something Lord of the Rings, like. We were thinking of making our own world and then working up a plot. Not sure if we were going to make our own races, but, if she's a-okay with it, I would totally love to see some original races. No elves, elementals, witches, etc. I want cool new things. I mean, you can borrow ideas from the other races, but I want something new. Like you'll have to write up a thing that describes said new race. And even given them a name and details.

I get a feeling that this will be an advanced story as it'll require a lot of thought and detail. It'll also be asked that we get creative minds who aren't afraid to push their character's limits.

- hangouts -

So we need to work on this. XD

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

How about a.... sword and planet, high fantasy, medieval game?

- hangouts -

How about we just do a Star Wars roleplay, as smugglers in a feudal affliliation of systems, a la the Banker's Guild but not a stereotype for Jews. That way, it's high magic, medieval, space swashbuckling fantasy. A grey Jedi or two, some smugglers and an ex-Sith soldier.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

You had me at Star Wars <3

- hangouts -

I suggest an Old Republic setting, which is very high magic (the average Master is almost as naturally powerful with the force as pre-Mustafar Vader, Sidious and Starkiller), tech is roughly the same as in the years after the battle of Yavin (episode 4). The Sith Empire is legitimate political force for a long time during this, but that depends on if we decide they're relevant/Exar Kun, Revan, Malak or Scourge are currently out and about, which would tie in unnecessarily with the games.

Let's think up some plot hooks, y'all!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a roleplay is in the making. Here's a teaser...

"Killing the people was crucial for the survival of us all. To live, people must die."

He had died under mysterious circumstances. Or so they were told. The truth of it all is… there is no mystery behind the king's death. We orchestrated it.

- hangouts -

Dibs the stealthy ranger type character
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

I'm not even sure if we'll have that kind of character yet. I'm still fleshing out the world and locations.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
    Sword & Planet? O_o
    Sword and Planet
    A subgenre of science fantasy, it focuses on swashbuckling adventures on other planets.
    Awesome. I believe the story a91nicole and I are working on will be Dark and High Fantasy. We shall see though~

- hangouts -

Sounds interresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Nicole and I have been talking about something Lord of the Rings, like. We were thinking of making our own world and then working up a plot. Not sure if we were going to make our own races, but, if she's a-okay with it, I would totally love to see some original races. No elves, elementals, witches, etc. I want cool new things. I mean, you can borrow ideas from the other races, but I want something new. Like you'll have to write up a thing that describes said new race. And even given them a name and details.

I get a feeling that this will be an advanced story as it'll require a lot of thought and detail. It'll also be asked that we get creative minds who aren't afraid to push their character's limits.
    This does sounds interesting! We could even brainstorm characters ideas, to make things better?