Login to your account

Thread: The Right Handed Writer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dream- June 19th- June 20th, 2012

I've debated and debated and debated whether or not I trusted you readers to post this dream. I've been very sentimental lately, and I'm just about done with sappy dreams. Hopefully. Anyway, here is another peek into the intricate workings of my mind through the window of sleep, enjoy.

"The dream is almost in fast motion, with every movement twice its normal speed. I feel the swiftness of a cat, and angular eyes of an Asian, and the grace of a gazelle. I feel I've reached my inner self. I'm running down a sidewalk at night, with the matching lawns and oak trees all a deep blue shade that night brings to the world. Sidewalks and driveways pass in a reel, and soon I reach my destination. It's a large two story house, with an unused fountain in the front, and plants all around. Organized chaos. The house has a beige coloring. I quickly make my way to a tree, also oak, on the right side of the house, and climb up it with startling ease. The window is no problem, it's left open for me. I leap through and promptly land to the side of... he was in my last dreams. VX again. His arm is fleshy when he's asleep, soft, like a pillow. I fall fast asleep at his side, and be barley stirs enough to make more room on the bed.

Many nights pass like this, elation fills my heart. My conscious sleeping self feels a level of contentedness with the dream so far. The scene behind my eyelids blurs into many series of overlapping nights, all near VX. All until one night, where my lovely dream morphs into a nightmare. The door on the other side of his room slams open, and I quickly turn over, hoping to god that I'm not about to be caught. Of course, I am caught. The door spills rich, warm light onn the pale carpet near the door, but the light does not extend into the rest of the blue-black bedroom. Her face is mapped out by the shadows from the dark mixed with the light from the hallway. Thankfully, his mother appears to not care about my nights with him, or be surprised that I'm here at all. I shrug inwardly.

But her face is a mask of rage, and her voice is the epitome of indignation, "You're not good enough for him!"

I frown, feeling snubbed, "Yes I-"

She interrupts me, "You're not good enough for him!"

Feeling exasperated, I sit up further and yell quite loudly the school I'm going to next year, and manage to get in the college classes I'm taking before college, before she interrupts me again. Her jaw sets stubbornly, an expression I've seen in my self many times, "Still not good enough." She senses my weakness here, and continues, her anger building into a torrent of rage and hate. "You'll never be good enough for him, you might as well accept it and move on!"

Her voice follows me as I flee out the window. The branches stand out in amazing detail as I fall down the tree and break my neck on the grass below. The world fades to red."

I wake up on the floor. It's five twenty-three a.m.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Silence. Whole and complete without a sound. Like underwater, without the bubbles or the ache to breath. Being sealed withing a wall of peaceful quietude. Slowly, sounds break through my bubble of peace, the creaking rumble of the car, the loud horn of an angry Asian who shouldn't be driving, and finally, the smells of fast food pops it entirely. I My eyes worm open, feeling grimy for sleeping in the car. The sunroof is open, and the sky above me is dotted with stars, like the freckles on my arms. It's magnificent, and I feel smaller than myself, bless for such a sight. They twinkle and wink at me, and my brain tries to form a thousand different shapes before settling into recognizing the few arrangements of stars that I knew. I could see the planets and the colorful glow. Jupiter, Mars, Uranus and Venus, I think. I raised my finger like a paintbrush and started connecting the dots in my imagination. Line across the sky, from one planet to another. My eyes smile and my arm is sore from creating my imaginary images, but it's worth it. I go to sleep thinking about the many pictures across the sky, the smile still pressed into my lips.
    Last edited by Hiuknowme; 06-27-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    YOUU!

STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP---

shhhhhhh......

can you hear them?

the voices?

the voices of the characters you've killed?

ill tell you a secret...

THEY WHISPER TO ME

they sow me beautiful seedlings of stories whispering leaves across asphalt blank as snow fallen in---

SHHHHH!--

LISTEN!....