Login to your account

Thread: Howdy

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar

Howdy

Don't mind the greeting I'm just strange and like to say howdy, well some member of the staff sent me a E-mail about this site and it seemed interesting so i decided to join I'm a little frustrated with the site right now though. I made a Character spent like 2 hours filling out everything in detail then after i was done i pressed Save and it had logged me out i forgot that you get logged out from sites if you don't move around and stuff and your typing in one area for a long time but so yeah it deleted everything i wrote but i'll get that character added fully sooner or later.

So yeah i mostly play as one character but i have a few sitting around somewhere in my mind, mostly into the fantasy side but i mess around in whatever is fun.

Yay! More people to meat! *Considers nibbling, but had a large lunch and won't be eating any newbies today!*
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

aww sorry to hear about that *huggles* good luck getting your character on here.

HAHA *takes a bite outta Aquaticus's Bicep* newbie to this site only my friend and it seems you aren't much older here. By the way not to bad i think i'll have another *starts to bite you again*

*Has plate armor on at all times!* Yay for unnecessary armor!

Well its not my fault i like the taste of Metal *continues eating the armor and whatever flesh is caught in the area*

Ok you two this is not an adult themed area *waggles finger* jk jk

Also thanks Aerion but it happens its a lesion i should of learned from all the RPG's I've played, where you do play for hours and never save and then die and lose it all, its the reason you save but oh well its just time I'll never get back ;`-|. lol

You ate my armor! XD

lol Not the intent at all I was just joking off the threat to eat me.

Heh. Yes, yes you will be amusing!

Wait till you meet old man Cra who isn't really an old man at all just happens to be several hundreds of years old and has nothing better to do till the world ends. XD

XD Heh.

there has to be some damn way to keep it logged in i mean hell i did it again i was only a 1/4 of what i did before and i was like I'm gonna save better make sure I'm still logged in so opened a new tap and logged in and then i go back to save and said i didn't have permission sigh >.< i gotta save like every 5 minutes i guess >.>

(LMAO, "not an adult-themed area". /off-topic)

Dude! I'm so sorry that it logged you off before you got to save. D: I would be devastated to spend two hours on a character profile and lose it all. I hope it's something you can recreate somewhat easily since it's still somewhat fresh on your mind, but I always have to walk off for a few minutes when I lose a post, so I totally understand the frustration. :x If you're on a private computer, you should totally click the "remember me" box. It shouldn't happen again. >_<;

I hope things end up being less frustrating for you now that you've already suffered a blow. D: But if you have any questions or you find something else worthy of throwing a brick at, let me know! I'll do my best to help you out or try to resolve the issue. ^^
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Cra and Aqua seems to be getting along just fine. Anyway, I hope you have an awesome time.

I'll get along with anyone willing to play along, right now I'm Just waiting for more chances to RP seems I joined this site at its beginning stages not a ton of Members yet.

Yep - it's only been officially "open" at the beginning of the month. :3 But it gives you loads of time to kick the bugs over and stomp all over them and otherwise get to know the site so you can go, "Back in my day, we didn't have [snazzy new feature] and had to do it by hand, in the snow, uphills both ways! FIGHTING WOLVES."
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Speaking of that I have glitch for you to fix already, If you go to the thread i made "Issue with my character Info" me and one other person talk about the problem we have.

Yeah. :3 Sorry I'm slow, I'm just going backwards using the "New Posts" feature. xD I'm mostly caught up now, though!
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

No worries I think we've talked on like 3 other threads now XD but besides the Tedious copy pasting it takes to make it look pretty at least it helps me remember the thrills of writing >.> haha

Oh, sure, there's that.... If you want to turn it into a positive.

Me, I'm sitting here going, "The new Featured RPGs go up on Sunday Night. What if I'm re-reading the candidates and wonder why they left a section blank? Oh god, what if they didn't save that information somewhere and it goes missing and then they get frustrated and quit the site? D:"

But I'm something of a worry wart. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Its ok im a worrywart as well and i kinda Manage a company so i get the same thing half of the time, but can't you posts something saying there might be an issue so save your stuff.
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-18-2011 at 02:28 AM.

I ran into that problem with my first character because I spent such a long time on it. What I did when i ran into the problem was sit in shock for a quick moment to think over the worst, but then abruptly pressed the back button to bring me to the character form I was just filling out. Opened a new WTF tab, logged in, brought myself to the New Character form and then copy pasta'D the sections.

Also... Welcome welcome welcome! I do hope you enjoy your time here! Seeing as you can have some flesh nibbling fun you are going to fit in just perfectly.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

You See Schizo my problem was i pressed Back before Logging back or maybe i logged in on that page or something either way i did something and because of that it told me i did not have permission and after logging in it would not let me go back to the filled out character page, just to a page that says i didn't have permission to do that.

You know I posted a response to this, regarding how both being told you don't have permission and losing work are terribly unpleasant but ironically enough when I clicked to reply my computer decided to 404 me and I lost my response. 100% less frustrating than what had happened to you but funny how it happened here.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Agreed a post is not as long or thought out as your character you plan to RP as.