Login to your account

Thread: « ♛ | [Updated] PENTIMENTO : NEW ROLES!

« ♛ | [Updated] PENTIMENTO : NEW ROLES!

GENRE: AU (Alternate Universe) / DARK FANTASY / ACTION AND ADVENTURE
    LEVEL: ADVANCED
    RATING: PG-13

QUICK PLOT: The Holy Empire of Britannia is under attack and Her Holy Empress will not stand for such disobedience. She will not sit back and let these vagabond "freedom fighters" destroy everything she has worked for—everything her predecessors have sacrificed.

Thanks for taking an interest in « PENTIMENTO ».

As stated earlier, the story revolves around two primary factions: The Order and The Knights.

The Order seeks to liberate the world from Britannia's rule while The Knights work to protect the security of the empire. As a player, you have the opportunity to play as members of either faction and then, through plotting with other members, decide which group will, ultimately prevail.

« PENTIMENTO » offers reasonable flexibility (creativity, within reason, is highly encouraged) and a structured plot. Players are encouraged to talk amongst each other (decide the outcome of skirmishes, take initiative in furthering objectives, etc).

Having said that, « PENTIMENTO » does exist in a highly structured world. This includes detailed background information and character shells! Every role has an important function within the story and every character is carefully integrated into the plot. And while the shells may appear limiting (defining both personality and, in some cases, histories and/or relationships), they do offer a fair degree of freedom and creativity.

Currently, these are available immediately: THE MIRROR and THE VENGEFUL.

On September 12, 2012 (more likely to be September 15-20th), I will be revealing five (or so) new roles that were, previously, unavailable. To give a general gist (and to field for interest) these are the new characters:

THE ASSASSIN is a thirty or so year old male, who specializes in, well, killing. Trained within the Asiatic Alliances, The Assassin is skilled in a variety of Eastern fighting methods--including Eastern poisons, technology, and connections. His presence within The Order is questioned by some and valued by others.

THE BIOLOGIST is one sexy mistress with a penchant for murder. With a vivacious attitude, she's attractive in all ways--physical and emotional. Specializing in botany, The Biologist is capable of brewing some of the world's most deadly poisons or much-needed antidotes. Although, given her profession, she's less likely to fix someone up with a cure.

THE INVOKER is a child in the eyes of many--including his peers. Being only 18 makes him, perhaps, the youngest member of the Knights of the Round (although a particular choice name would digress), but, unlike the other Knights, The Invoker has a different skill set--Cultivating. He may not be the best fighter (certainly nothing at the caliber expected of The Knights), but it would be a fool's mistake to underestimate him.

THE DREAMER is a lazy, good-for-nothing louse. He's more often found sleeping than he is awake and functioning. It's uncertain HOW he made it into the ranks of the Knights, but there he is, sitting at their table, drinking their tea.

But if those particular roles do not appeal to you, then feel free to discuss a free-form idea of a character (I will, however, be assigning the stats—STR/STA/DEX/INT). At the moment, I'm still open to characters for BOTH factions. So, if you have an idea you want to test and you are interested—message me! I'll work with you through the development process and, once everything is settled, go ahead and fill out the profile!

As a head's up, the RP HAS started, BUT the RP is divided into various scenes and every scene opens a new objective. So, it is relatively easy to jump in!

NOTE: The banner is a link to the overview! Click it to find out more about the RP!

Last edited by joonsexual; 08-15-2012 at 12:26 AM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

The game officially starts this Saturday (GMT-8), but there is still plenty of time to apply for a role!

TUMBLR.

If people enjoy playing "villains," I would definitely recommend The Mirror.

She's the cool kind of character and, well, who doesn't like being a powerful illusionist?

If interested, hit up the OOC or you can message me! Since the game is about to start, this is the PRIME time to be joining! ;D

TUMBLR.

Yes!

My life is complete. Promotional bump from Strude!... I mean hump, lol

TUMBLR.

Updated! Still looking for people! ;D

TUMBLR.

While I cannot personally handle/process new recruits at the moment, I would simply like to draw some attention to the fact that the RP WILL be re-opening its doors to applicants when I return from my trip! If interested, drop me a line or hit me up in the OOC.

TUMBLR.