Login to your account

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OOC : PENTIMENTO

I will be away for the weekend starting tomorrow. I will post Sunday or Monday. feel free to move ahead without me, just not too far ahead.
    CHECK IT OUT I'M UNIQUE!

Humble Farmer With a Sword Riku27's Avatar
    Hey all! Sorry I haven't been posting recently I've been working a lot then went to visit my Girlfriend then went to Otakon so I haven't been able to post D: I shall be posting again soon!

Welcome back, Riku!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

First, welcome back, Riku!

Second, I'm writing Primo OUT of the scene. I'm also going to move Lightning out of his respective scene. As you guys may or may not know, I'm due to be absent from August 15th to September 10th. I might be gone for a bit longer than that (September 20th), but this shouldn't affect the RP too much.

I'll be putting down objectives for both side to see to in my absence! Don't worry, the objectives are nothing big. As seen in Primo's post, he's sending the three player-controlled characters to a NPC location in the Eastern Moors. There shouldn't be any encounters with The Order, but I digress and will leave that up to the discretion of the other players/sides. Discuss/plot amongst yourselves!

I'll be doing the same for The Order. They'll have small objectives as well.

I want to apologize for appearing like I'm rushing things or something. I just wanted to make sure that, while I'm away, I'm not holding people up and that people continue to have things to write to. (:

Last edited by joonsexual; 08-10-2012 at 01:05 AM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Alright, as I have already said before, I will be away on vacation for the next month or so. While away, I will have limited to no access to the internet. But, having said that, I do not want Pentimento to come to a stuttering halt because of my extended absence. This is an advanced game and, as such, I expect all of my players to maintain and carry on the game despite my temporary leave.

Of course, as mentioned, I will be creating a general set-up. Ideally, I would like the objectives to be taken care of before I return, but there is no penalty for not completing the task.

THE ORDER: BANG BANG

TIME: 2AM, THURSDAY (TWO DAYS FROM PRESENT)

OBJECTIVE: Marcos Delaney, a notorious arms dealer, is set to receive a large shipment of guns. Retrieve the shipment and bring it safely back to the London safe house.

MORE INFORMATION HERE.

MISC.: Naturally, The Order has more members than the ones that are named and identified. Therefore, if needed, feel free to throw in as many NPC characters as reasonably allowed. It should be stated that not all members of The Order possess Machinas. You do not need to create a profile for them. Secondly, there are named and identified enemies (alongside twenty or so armed bodyguards). You do not have to kill them to complete the mission, but they will be problematic. As the player, you will be responsible for controlling them vis-a-vis your posts. You do NOT need to write FOR them (i.e. I do not require you to make posts for Thomas Greer or Jericho James). If decided, you MAY kill them.

Moreover, this is a trade between two criminals. The presence of the Imperial Guards and the Rose Guards is HIGHLY unlikely. And, if they are present, they will NOT be there to facilitate the operation. Whether or not the guards make an appearance is up to the players. Discuss amongst yourselves or surprise each other. Obviously, the former is ideal compared to the latter.

And, finally, the storage facility is NOT synonymous with the hideout. The storage facility is located on the opposite side of London. There will be no location made for it, but simply post in the "London" location.

This should not have to be said, but the guns are not modern day automatic weapons. If you need to know what sort of guns are available, do a bit of research. Wikipedia should give you a fairly good impression of what sort of weapons were available in a steam-based era.

THE KNIGHTS: ONE DOWN

TIME: 2AM, THURSDAY (TWO DAYS FROM PRESENT)

OBJECTIVE: Sources suggest that there is a stronghold located in the Eastern Moors. It is a two-level, medium-sized compound with roughly fifty members. Destroy the base and recover any and all pertinent information.

MORE INFORMATION HERE.

MISC.: Much like The Order, The Knights of the Round is only a small part of the Rose Guards (14 members out of roughly two hundred). For this mission, you will NOT be allowed to use other Knights (characters like Iris and Alice will not be at your disposal and, before the question rises, no, you will not be allowed to create additional NPC Knights at this time). But feel free to create a few NPC Rose Guards to come to your aid.

Like the above, you will be responsible for writing out the fight scenes involving the named and identified enemies. While the Knights are extremely powerful, bear in mind that this should not be a walk in the park. Be reasonable. You don't have to be weak or suffer too many casualties, but do not act as if you can storm the compound and just take it over with a snap of your fingers. Of course, if this happens, just know that, when I return, I will scale your character down into oblivion.

I suggest that the Knights talk and plot amongst yourselves on how you want to proceed and so forth. Remember, like the above, you do NOT need to write for the NPC enemies. You will only be responsible for them within your post. So... don't go making another profile for all of the NPCs, named or not named.

Last edited by joonsexual; 08-11-2012 at 04:02 AM.

TUMBLR.

You guys can time-skip whenever you guys like to. Once you time-skip, it'll be to the start of both missions (roughly 2AM in the morning of Thursday). (:

TUMBLR.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Riku27's Avatar
    I shall be posting tomorrow!

Hola! I managed to steal a bit of internet time today! Yay!

Okay, first, great job everyone! I'm so excited to see how this all goes down when I come back! (: I know there may be questions later on (at a time when I will not be able to answer them), but you guys should resolve those matters among yourselves! I trust you guys to come to a logical and explained reasoning.

If you don't... well, then... just sweep it under the rugs! Your friendly GM will come back and take care of everything! LOL.

But, more important news: Certain roles will open up again for application. They will all be made available a few days after I return. I have also thrown in a few NEW roles. The shells are not up at the moment (but will be made available when I return). The tentative date is: 9/12 (but, to be honest, we're looking more at 9/20).

THE ASSASSIN (THE ORDER)
    THE VENGEFUL (THE ORDER)

THE MIRROR (THE KNIGHTS)
    THE BIOLOGIST (THE KNIGHTS)
    THE INVOKER (THE KNIGHTS)
    THE DREAMER (THE KNIGHTS)

So, while I cannot recruit while I am away or do anything, if you guys would like to see these roles incorporated, SPREAD THE WORD! Yay, lol. Recruit people when and where possible. You know, general PR things. I will, of course, handle this when I come back too. But, just a friendly head's up. In the meantime, yay! ;D

TUMBLR.

I feel like a moron.
    Sorry for the confusion in Ferris' post guys. .____.
    I hadn't seen the review for the objectives and well yeah, I guess I posted kind of blindly.
    Anyway, just felt like I should explain a bit...

-ollies off the world-

Noo, it's okay! I thought you were just writing as Ferris's point of view, lol.

Like, he doesn't know what's happened. He just walked in! Lol. .______.;

TUMBLR.

Yup... like a rookie mistake! DOn't worry about it. How would you feel if you were in Ferris's shoes? Probably confused as shit. :-/
    CHECK IT OUT I'M UNIQUE!

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    I guess I'll go ahead and post again as Taggart- I was sort of trying to give Jules or Copper a chance to pop in the planning but I don't want the RP to sit there considering we have so much to do.

Right. Done being lazy, involving myself once again.

I should get a post up here soon-ish. Sorry for the delay- my car has been in the shop-which totally has derailed my week and now we have Hurricane Isaac to contend with. So if my power doesn't go out I'll have a post to you sooner rather than later.

Alright, I am back!

In this week, I will be getting caught up in all of my games and Pentimento will be addressed in a timely manner. However, having said that, I am going to be skipping the mini-mission. I will be making the skip post/details later in the week and if there are any objections to the skip, please raise them now.

Once I have skipped, we will NOT be going back. But, yay, we can get going again! (:

TUMBLR.

Alright, some time this week, I'm going to be starting the main mission. But, before doing so, I will be detailing the results of the side events (the infiltration and the ambush). Some characters will have sustained injuries that WILL affect this upcoming mission. Of course, as always, if you would like to give me your in-put on something, please do so! I am always down for cast plotting!

In any case, let's get this thing going again, alright? (;

TUMBLR.

Absolutely!

Agh!
    Sorry for my lateness in posting. Things have been weird lately, I haven't been really feeling like myself. .____.
    And Ferris' post took a lot longer than I thought it would... Also, a lot harder than it should have been. But I hope it was alright, and I shall be posting regularly from now on.

'shut up and listen and feel something'

So since we are just time-skipping I'm not going to worry about a post- right? And I'm down for plotting anything out you would like too regarding my characters. But you know jing that I love anything and everything you do.

<3

Feel free to injure Aleks- just not in the face. The boy will never stop bitching then.
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 09-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Yeah, and you know I feel the same~. Now that I am in like... barely any games I can focus a lot of attention on this.

Yep, I'm preparing for a time skip so... for the moment, don't worry about posting! Haha.

And, sweet, attention being given to Penti. (;

Well, I'll try to get everything in order ASAP. Yep. I've already promised myself that I will not be working on my new RP idea until I get Pentimento rolling again. I KNOW. YOU GUYS ARE SPECIAL. <333

TUMBLR.

I'm gonna just roll around in here for a while if you don't mind. It'll be my safe zone. <3

Alright, as promised, here are the update/skip details!

INTERMISSION A: BANG! BANG!

MISSION STATUS: SUCCESSFUL
    CASUALTIES: Marco Delaney (Deceased), Jericho James (Deceased)

First, congratulations! You were able to successfully set up an ambush and rid the world of two less-than-friendly individuals—Marco Delaney and Jericho James. Good job, team!

Alexander (THE GHOST) and Ferris Hart (THE GUARD) faced off against Marco Delaney and his band of unsavory cronies. Alexander was responsible for dealing out the killing moves on Delaney while Ferris used his skills to fend off the henchmen.

Taggart (THE MASK), Juliette (THE THIEF), and Copper (THE KEY) was caught off-guard by Jericho James and Brandy Gire. Due to a mistake on Juliette's part, the three were trapped inside of Gire's s-class illusions before Copper, demonstrating an odd moment of curious intellect, broke the images.

James was defeated by Taggart, who, with the help of Juliette, was able to land a vital shot. Using the same tactics, Taggart and Juliette were able to catch Gire unaware as well. Unfortunately, Gire's body turned out to be an illusion and, some time during the fight, the real Gire and Thomas Greer were able to escape undetected.

The whereabouts of the two are currently unknown.

INJURY SUMMARY: All injuries are temporary and will be healed after the next mission.

ALEXANDER: Impaired vision in left eye, restricted use of right arm.

FERRIS: Aside from slight bruising here and there, Ferris was largely uninjured and suffered no lasting damages.

TAGGART: Reduced mobility (leg movement/movement speed).

JULIETTE: Aside from a general soreness and bruises and minor cuts, Juliette got away scotch free.

COPPER: This is one lucky kid. Not even a scratch.

INTERMISSION B: ONE DEAD

MISSION STATUS: SUCCESSFUL
    CASUALTIES: Randall Cain (Deceased), Jan Keler (Deceased)

The mission turned out more difficult than originally expected, but, overall, it was a win for the Knights of the Round!

Things were moving along as planned until Jan Keller, an exceptional scout, picked up on an unsettling "vibe" and caught Aleksander (THE ACE) off guard. Alarms were sounded and it wasn't long before The Order was armed and kicking.

In the fight against Jan Keller, Sabrina Torres came to his defense as did ten or so other members. Aleksander and Vi (THE SNIPER) were surrounded, but worked quickly to turn the battle to their favor. The fight was long and lengthy, which worked against Aleksander and Vi. Ultimately, Jan Keller was defeated, but Sabrina Torres managed to escape. She, however, left with severe injuries and is not expected to have survived.

Estelle (THE CRANE) met with Randall Cain. The fight was drawn out by Randall's skills and Estelle's inherent handicap. But, in the end, she was able to single-handedly win her fight and regroup with her teammates.

The compound was shortly collapsed after the Knight's retreat. The Rose Guards lost a few of their precious members in the raid (6).

INJURY SUMMARY: All injuries are temporary and will be healed after the next mission.

ALEKSANDER: Restricted arm movement/usage.

VI: Restricted movement in left leg, right arm, and impaired hearing.

ESTELLE: No visible injuries (aside from cuts and bruises), but not well.

Injuries were skewed so that the KoTR suffered more serious injuries to balance the upcoming fight.

SCENE: GUNS, SWORDS, AND LIES

INFORMATION: Both sides will be convening at their respective headquarters precisely one week after the ambush and raid. All injuries received from the previous events will remain for this scene, but will be removed next scene.

I will also be messaging everyone with information relevant to THIS event shortly before the actual raid begins. (:

TUMBLR.

Woo!! Copper is a lucky one!

So, I can just jump right back into a regroup post? I am in a writing mood and would like to make use of it!

I was supposed to finish this post, but i got distracted. WILL FINISH TOMORROW. Promise!

Also, if this wasn't made clear: You guys can post!

There's another small meeting-thing before we jump into the new mission. This is to give characters a chance to regroup and for some of us to introduce new characters. (:

TUMBLR.

Posted! Woo woo!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I want to thank everyone for your extended patience, your genius creativity, and, perhaps most importantly, your delightful talents. It has not gone unnoticed and I appreciate every minute—no, every second—of it.

From the bottom of my heart: Thank you.

But, having said that, there will be some definite changes to the running of this game and these changes will affect everyone—regardless of situation.

1) Posts must be made with a semblance of regularity. Since the beginning of this game, I have not enforced any posting schedules or made any posting demands. I have simply requested posts be made whenever possible, however possible. I have, in small and large, been extraordinarily lenient with sluggish activity.

This will change as of today.

In an effort to encourage and to incentivize everyone to post, I am imposing a new rule: Posts should no longer exceed a 500 word limit. While I understand the need (and, perhaps, the vanity) to detail every brilliance that runs through our character or characters, I also understand that, in general, longer posts require greater efforts to generate and greater efforts usually demands more time and, well, time is scarce for everyone.

To prove that 500 word posts are not only possible, but entirely reasonable, here are a few examples:

18 JUNE 2011 (WC: 326)
    18 JUNE 2011 (WC: 329)
    19 JUNE 2011 (WC: 371)
    19 JUNE 2011 (WC: 490)
    25 JUNE 2011 (WC: 277)
    08 JULY 2011 (WC: 516)

Please note that multiple posts were made per day (and, in addition to Eli, I played two other characters). I am not asking everyone to post three or four times a day. I do not need or want you guys to post three or four times a day (but, if you can, I am not against the idea). But maintaining high activity levels (while obligated to school, to work, etc) is entirely doable—provided people do not spend an eternity worrying about a sentence or phrase.

When I wrote those posts a year ago, I wrote them in a narration and style that was easy and enjoyable and comfortable for me. They aren't sophisticated in phrasing, but they were, personally, fun to write. I loved (and still love) writing in this manner—casual, friendly, easy.

Role-playing (or writing in general) should be fun. It should be something you enjoy. It shouldn't be a chore (and, if it is, maybe it is time to reexamine how you role-play). You shouldn't be worrying incessantly about using references (read: thesaurus). If you don't know a better word, do not pretend like you do. USE WHAT VOCABULARY YOU HAVE AND NOT WHAT VOCABULARY YOU WISH YOU HAD.

A post should not take days or weeks to write. Producing a post should be relatively quick and, largely, painless.

Nobody likes being the warden in a game (and least of all me), but I do want Pentimento to start again and I would love it if everyone could lend me their writing genius once more.

RULE ADDITION: POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. POST LIMIT OF 500 WORDS.

Note: Exceptions are still made when proper notice is given. Please message me should anything come up! But if I do not receive any notice or explanation for your absence (and it has been more than two weeks), you will forfeit your character and, as the GM, I will push the story ahead without you.

2) Feed the OOC, don't let it drift away into oblivion! Steady chatter and activity within the OOC is what keeps creativity juices flowing between and among players! Talk to each other. Ask for opinions. Make suggestions. Not everything has to be done through me and I really, really love it when players take charge of a situation—when players make suggestions for situations.

So far, I have been the one that details the missions. I devise the strategy and you guys are slotted into positions or roles you may or may not enjoy. I hate this and you probably find it rather boorish too! Nobody enjoys being a sheep! The intermission scenes (the scenes where we hold meetings or aren't actively engaged in plot) are meant for you guys, as the players, to discuss (in the OOC) how you think things should go down, to ask questions of me on what the general mission encompasses, and so forth. The IC is merely a way to play out the discussions.

To be honest, I was fairly disappointed with the lack of active discussion that occurred in my absence and during the filler mission. I know that the filler mission wasn't pertinent to the story, but it could have been invaluable to all the characters. I didn't even require you guys to complete the mission, but it would have been nice to see some active discussion within the OOC on how groups should have proceeded. And while I know that, for some, the discussion happened in IC, further planning should have been made in the OOC. (I.E. When to time-skip to the mission, how should the compound look like, who would be meeting up with which NPC, etc).

But, that is all behind us! We won't linger on that!

More importantly, if you post regularly and actively in the OOC (and it is obvious that you are plotting with your fellow writers about the plot and/or upcoming/current missions), you don't have to post once every week (because I know you are busy working out important logistics!). And while this isn't an excuse to NOT post and to hold up the rest of the cast, chances are, if you're talking with others, they won't feel the need to constantly bug you for posts.

The story may have a structured feel to it (something I say often), but it is largely flexible in the how. Just because you know you are going from Point A to Point B doesn't meant you HAVE to walk in a straight line. Take the off-road path, dig a tunnel, or create a teleporting machine. I don't know, but it's really up to you on how you want to see things develop.

If you want something to happen: YOU HAVE TO LET US KNOW ABOUT IT.

I will reiterate: I don't like being this person—the person that makes hard-ass rules. I don't like breathing down the necks of my players, but, in the interest of advancing the story (and reviving the game because, let's face it, Pentimento was and still is on life support), I have to be a bit stricter about posts and activity. It's not a rule to HAVE to talk in the OOC, but it is important to make regular IC posts.

I still love you guys (and I will probably feel the same way no matter what happens or doesn't happen) and, again, my greatest appreciation for what you guys have given me thus far. Now, I simply ask that everyone continue with the brilliance they have shown previously. (:

Last edited by joonsexual; 10-11-2012 at 06:43 PM.

TUMBLR.

So this is a strange/stupid question. Or maybe not... But I was just wondering: Do the members, of both The Order and The Rose Guards, have living quarters separate to the head quarters? I know in the description of the Ivory Tower it says there are private rooms, but are those for the guards or other people? And for the Order members, are they all shacked up in one room at all times? Or just during high risk times when there's too much heat on there whereabouts?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I'm just wondering.

'shut up and listen and feel something'