Login to your account

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : PENTIMENTO

The hilarious thing is—there's actually quite a few, who've shown interest in that particular role.

I don't... really understand, but, alright, lol. I also realized that I've skewed the gender scale, but, lol, this isn't a romance-centered plot so... I'm not going to rebalance anything, lol.

As for your question, though.

Considering the fact that the profiles won't take long to complete... I'll wait to evaluate all interested parties—within reason. Obviously, if someone takes forever to finish their shit, I'll just ignore them and look at what people HAVE submitted. (:

But, in essence, it will have to be competition-based. If there are a LOT of people interested in the same role, I'll just put down a due date for profiles. Yep yep

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

To ask another question, what will allow a profile to "win" said competition. Does the username attached to it have anything to do with it? Or will it be purely based on what is presented?

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Okay, this seems to be a weirdly popular question and, I suppose, for fair reasons.

First, profiles are evaluated based on composition and functionality. It's important that characters are operational within the framework of the role-play, but still dynamic in design.

Second, I look to past writing and posts for reference of capabilities. Those without samples may be asked to provide a few (usually two introductions and two or three normal posts).

The point of competition is to ensure that accepted characters are best-fit for the role-play. Essentially, I have no interest in reserving slots for people and then, ultimately, discovering that I have a slew of flawed, unacceptable submissions. It's senseless and time-consuming to, then, individually go through points of conflict until a slip-shod, unhappy compromise can be achieved.

That's not what I want to do and it's not something I should have to do.

In this current set-up, I can just dismiss a profile in favor of a better-shaped, better-articulated submission.

Additionally, just because a role has no "competition" does not automatically mean the applicant has locked in the role. I reserve the right to reject a profile on the grounds that it is simply not what I'm looking for or not what is asked. Of course, having said that, if the issue is minor and not too intrusive, I will ask the applicant if they would like to re-tailor that specific section.

Moreover, I have the ultimate say in what happens in the decision. I can make immediate approvals, but, if I know there are multiple applicants and they have shown a serious commitment to submit, I will wait (in a fair time limit) for their submission.

And, the short answer to your question, Xavi: No. The username has absolutely no weight in how I decide who gets a role.

Last edited by joonsexual; 06-12-2012 at 08:07 PM.

TUMBLR.

Awesome! To be honest, these questions weren't for me. I a few new members were talking to me about how they were interested in this and I didn't want them to feel intimidated or to back-down just because some of the "older" members wanted in (and happened to be after the role they liked). So, hopefully, they will continue to show and interest and apply for the roles they desire. :]

- hangouts -

It's okay. I've been asked a few times already. I should have made it a public answer, but I never got around to it and... thank you for letting me have the opportunity to put it out there.

I should, probably, write out the rules soon, but... I have to set up some other things. :/

TUMBLR.

Hm, it's weird.

At first I was all excited about competition. (Before anyone actually started showing role interest.) And now... I almost want to just step away from the role and pick a different one. Seeing as a newer member is interested, I don't want their first experience on WTF to be stressful or anything like that...

And like I said to you on Skype, I showed interest in some of the other roles too! And I don't think I would be as discouraged if I didn't get the role as some others might, so yeah. I think I'll go back to square one! ^__^ I should have known Thief was gonna be popular!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Well, you can apply for multiple roles, haha.

Nothing is stopping anyone from applying for all the roles, HAHAHA. Theoretically speaking...

But, yeah, I was surprised that The Thief got so much attention. Very curious.

TUMBLR.

That was the one role I didn't want. XD Had it been male, I would have been all over it. But, since it's a chick, I was like... meh.

And on that topic, I needa re-look at the characters. *rolls on over to the roleplay*

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

OMG. I WANNA BE AN OLD MAN. And by old, I mean 28+. XD

- hangouts -

That was actually the appeal for the thief. I wanted to play a character who refused to face her actual age. I was going to have her be 29, dangerously close to the big 3-0. I don't know why but older characters have been appealing to me lately. But along with that appeal was the fact she had many faces, and lots of illusion around her. I was gonna give her a massive wig and clothing collection.

Since the other female characters aren't really hitting it with me, I'll probably pick a male role as well. xD

I've always liked the older men. More mature! Usually.... XD
    Buy yeah, females... they are just so boring to play. Maybe it's because I'm a chick? Eh. Oh well.

- hangouts -

Males also do get a lot of attention in game / usually-ish. This view pertaining mainly to roleplays that encourage romantic themes. Mainly because the roleplay universe seems to lean toward a higher female population.

Male or Female doesn't matter to me. As long as the character itself isn't boring and appeals to me, I would give it a go.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I believe I'll give The Key a go.

YES. SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN THE KEY!

And I should get to setting up the KotR characters, haha... /sigh.

TUMBLR.

Ohhhh yeah. I forgot about those guys. I shall hold off on THE SLY just because the knights do sound fun. >3

- hangouts -

Those are... more or less the characters. The KotR may receive a slight vamp-up in prose, but... base-wise, that is it.

I'm still debating the release of two other KotR members, but, for now, this is what is available. Again, RP opens on the 15th of June. (:

TUMBLR.

And another 30+ badass female appears! All those characters are pretty cool!

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

If slots don't fill up fast, I will probably apply for a second.

I gotta give some love to strong, independent women. <3

There's some things I'm not too happy with (concerning the KotR), but it's okay. Haha.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Okay. Cool. Done. I think.

TUMBLR.

Humble Farmer With a Sword SUPERKICKS's Avatar
    A land full of wonders and over bearing elders.
    Hello. :>

I'm very excited for this role play! I thought I'd just come say hello~

Hiya shiny new face! Bahaha, love the siggy!

Oh.
    Thank you! 9w9

I love that show. And Bolin. Especially Bolin. <3

Me too! I have to say I love him too, he is definitely my favorite out of the two brothers. Although... that might be because of his nose. His... cute little button nose I just wanna poke! Oh and the fact he has Pabu, gatta love Pabu.

I like Bolin the best too!

The older brother is too... typical? Haha...

TUMBLR.

:> I'm a proud shipper of Bocest because only Bolin deserves Bolin.

Mako seems too much like Zuko. It's Avatar typical.

You stole the words right out of my mouth! The Zuko words... not the uhm... Bolin x Bolin love... although...

.... xDDD

I can dig the Bolin/Bolin ship, lolol. Awesome deserves to be paired with awesome.

But, omg, during the competition episode, when the three were like... being super dysfunctional... ugghhh, everyone, but Bolin was annoying me to next century. DD:

I want to like the new series, but... damn, the new avatar... grrr..... She bugs me a little. D;

TUMBLR.

I can understand why.
    She needs to learn what it means to be the avatar. She thinks using her powers is the easiest way to get "Peace".
    However, her anger management crap is getting the better of her. She needs a real visit from Aang.

So hey. I have been so under the radar lately. Tried to resist Jings game.

BUT.

So hey. Gonna work on a few characters. Would be happy to play two, but just gonna apply for a few, and hope I fit at least one!
    Last edited by Misaru; 06-13-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Only two more days until I open this RP officially! Excited? Y/Y?

If not... well, then... this just got really awkward... lol

TUMBLR.

Well, I'm trying out for The Theif!

She sounds like the type of character I normally play. So, I was excited to apply.

How do you want us to send you the character pages? Just a message with a link to the page?

When I open this RP (lol, I'm so excited!!), I'll allow applicants to submit a profile to the role-play. If there are no other applicants (or none that I'm aware of), I'll pass judgment on the profile as immediately as possible. If there are, however, other interested parties, I'll hold off on my decision until all interested parties have had time to submit. (:

I may also ask for additional information/explanation of characters if I feel that there are some clarifications necessary.

TUMBLR.

I'm absolutely loving the profile you crafted special for us. I'm having a blast answering these questions and look forward to seeing what the others have. :3

- hangouts -