Login to your account

Thread: Salutations~!

Red face Salutations~!

So, I got an e-mail yesterday to come give this place a try.
    I had no idea it would be this interesting! This is really what I've been looking for and I'm going to try and take full advantages of all the nifty tools this site has to offer.

I may come off a bit shy at first, but I'd love to meet some new creative minds to become friends with!

>> Off to try and master this site...
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Welcome on, I only joined yesterday but love the place so far ^_^!

Why thank you! So I take it I'm not the only newbie around here? xD

Lol there are TONS of us who got the e-mail and stumbled on over xp. I wasn't even active on menewsha my self, but I had to take a peek at an rp site and instantly fell in love. I look forward to seeing yours and many other faces around here!

I myself came yesterday, too.
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Madman is here to greet you! Not to eat you!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Aerion - Alright then there is no need for me to feel out of place! I'm glad this came just in time for summer.

Shadow Lady - Hi! Maybe we will bump into each other around here too!

Aquatics - O.o Who trusts the word of a Madman? Hehe, I'm just kidding~ Nice to meetcha!

Good to meat you as well!

lol be nice to the most fresh meat ;p

I said I won't eat them! Maybe nibble a bit, but not too much! : ) XD

Yep. xD You're absolutely not the only newbie around. xD The email went out properly yesterday, though if I remember correctly, there was a half-aborted attempt on Tuesday due to an email malfunction. xD Before that, it was June the 6th, I think, where Insomniac posted about it on Menewsha. And before that was a "soft" opening where I just invited people who weren't part of the beta but I thought might enjoy the site. (I actually haven't sent off all the invitations yet that were meant to be part of the "soft" release, because I was hoping to catch them online. xD )

Consider yourself part of the first true wave of users. :3 Cool, huh? :3

But, welcome welcome! I'm so stoked that you're liking the site so far. :3 If you have any suggestions for features you'd like or any questions about how a function works, please don't hesitate to bring it up. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thank you so much for the pleasant greeting! Straight from an Administrator >///< , but you seem to keep yourself very involved! And I like that in my overseers haha. And when I read "...first true wave of users." I almost melted out of excitement!!

lol woo, we are First Wavers *random Xanth reference >.>..<.<*

xD Well, for one, working as staff for Menewsha where it's made a point that the staff interact with the users (even greeting them when we have time), it's just sort of habit. xD But a habit I enjoy. It also ensures that every new person who makes any sort of even token attempt at a thread in this forum is guaranteed at least one greeting for as long as I am able to maintain it. xD

For two, I'm the only official staff member at the moment, so if it's "WTF Staff Policy" I'm the only one who can follow through with it. ::laughs::

Thankfully, all the first wavers so far seem super friendly and excited to welcome everyone too, so it turns something that's a self-imposed "duty" into "pleasure" because I don't feel so much like I'm "only saying hello so someone will" and more like joining in the crowd of, "hey, welcome. " (I'm not sure if I phrased this properly, but I hope the meaning of it does get through. xD )

Besides, it's fun to see peoples' first reactions to the site. :3 It's exciting to see people genuinely excited about the possibilities of the site rather than intimidated by the differences from what they're used to. :3

PS: Y'know, I bet that term is inspired by Xanth. Xanth was one of my very first introductions to fantasy novels. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

OMG I LOVE THIS PLACE NOW!!! lmao sorry this is totally offtopic, but TWO people who know Xanth??? Two?! I'm in Heaven!!!

Oh and welcomes!
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

A lot of people in this thread joined a few days ago, myself included. Hope we can roleplay together soon. Hope you enjoy your stay as well.

Looking back at this, and a few others makes me smile. (: