Login to your account

Thread: Manoir du Masques

Manoir du Masques

An RP I was trying to push a while back, in a different place and time. Basically, you've been invited to this huge manor you've never heard of by Dame Noir, a local noble. A masque ball. High science, fantasy and primitive characters are allowed, as are normal individuals. Some roles are scripted (details are given to those who select them). The game begins when we have at least 7 or 8 guests (caps at 20), and all scripted roles are filled.

You are to dress however you like but wear a mask. Once you enter the ballroom, you fuse with the persona of the mask. Some masks (either by the player's decision or mine) just aren't really able to be taken off.

What I like about this, and enjoyed for the month it ran was the players could either partake in the local intrigues (e.g., something Dame Noir is worried about, some scripted romantic opportunities, hidden things that I'm not really willing to disclose) or just dick around the entire game and let everything happen uninhibited.

I still have the maps somewhere, does this sound like something people would be interested in?
    Last edited by Avarice; 06-01-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Correcting names
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Oooh... I love this idea. ^w^ I would love it if you created this roleplay.

You are allowed to have more than one character, and indeed a normal character and a scripted character, but only one scripted character.

Some of the scripted characters I remember:

Mme. Khufu; African noble
    My personal favorite of all the scripted characters, this modest, unimposing and attractive woman with a simple mask has a deep secret, but it really isn't all that big a deal, right? I mean, all she wants to do is dance.

Frank Vasquez; Hispanic-American CEO
    A reformed Satanist (and I mean hide in the woods and make sacrifices, not helpful hedonism), Monsieur Vasquez is downright attractive-not that that's entirely visible. His mask is a cowl, revealing his jawline. It resembles a Japanese Oni, but it's black, with a large red gem on its forehead. With it appearing that demonic and powerful, has he truly reformed?

Steve and Feedback; "Professionals"
    Steve is just a silly old joker-he came in a tux tee and jeans, with a Batman mask on. Oh, that Steve. His "companion," Feedback is wearing his Sunday best, with a paper plate mask detailing a highway robber on it. (They count as one, because, frankly, Feedback's a big dumb brute)

Check back for more.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Drake Getes; The Surprisingly Adequate Amateur Sous-Chef
    Drake didn't show up to this ball with the hopes of being second cook in command, but that's what happened. He just wanted to see the Lady, listen to some opera and maybe dance a little bit. He'd do anything to get out of this predicament.

Eric; Collector
    This smarmy ginger waltzed in without a mask-which really shouldn't be possible, but he says he's wearing one and the manor treats him as if he is. His suit is meaninglessly extravagant, with pinstripes that appear to be embedded diamonds? And the thread of his tie, he says, is coated in crushed lapis. ... Fuck, man. All his business card says is "Eric V. Collector, will travel." What's that, you don't have his card? Then you just haven't met him yet.

Desiree Mao; Hungry Woman
    There's not much more I can say about Desiree. She's very hungry. Well, there is more I can say, but that requires you pick her.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Mad Alice; Mixmaster Extraordinaire
    This lovely Hispanic woman is our DJ, but at the behest of Dame Noir, she has stepped down and let the Lady's computer do its stuff. Her mask was her NORMAL stage mask, but after entering the ballroom, her head seems to have been replaced with a set of speakers, though her ponytail is still in the same place it usually is. The Lady has a special request for her, and she's none too pleased.

Background NPCs (for immersion):
    The general revelers. They're just dancing, man. A lot of them wore those crappy bird masks, and ended up as these feathered human-peacock things, and they're still dancing and going crazy. Some are in full costume, like the Power Rangers, the full cast of FFIV, and Jerry Seinfeld. No, wait... That's just Jerry Seinfeld.
    The Bouncers: One at the north entrance, one at the south. They're really, really boring. Did you bring your invitation? Where's your mask?
    The Lady's butler: He is a stickler for the rules.
    The maids and manservants: They clean, and may be -cough-rented out-cough- if you talk to the right person. (Note. Since this is a PG-13 RP, any dirty doing is to be assumed and NOT covered. Your characters simply go for a deep conversation in private and come back later.)

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I've lost the others, but this is where most of the RP should be taking place anyhow. this is the West Wing, first floor.

Last edited by Avarice; 06-01-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Correcting names
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Any advice, thus far?

Are there more scripted characters?

No, but I am willing to rewrite some, as some are much more important than others