Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing the WTF community together! Let's breathe some life back into this place!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru View Post
    Whelp, I have been bullied by an unknown source ...
    Heh heh heh heh. >:B
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Well right now, for me, it's part way through page three . . . so check you personal settings and how many posts you have each page set to.
    :O That is so brilliant I could kiss you! I stand by my comment from yesterday; you are like a freaking god.

EDIT: O_o I didn't know I could change the day my week starts. If only I could remove Monday through Thursday. xD Weekends all the time! Yay~
    Last edited by Xavirne; 05-23-2012 at 07:52 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Heh, it's a lovely feature. I have mine set to 10 posts per page. Nice even number! >D

*hits settings with a hammer*
    I'll stick to the simple defaults
    Anyway...thanks to this thread...I started playing skyrim again...I got mauled by a sabre cat
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Ack! I didn't mean to offend anyone or seem as if I really don't go out and look for roleplays... I'm just a bit picky when it comes to the the different stories and genres. Its just that seems all the roleplays that I do see raving good reviews about or I go, "WOAH, I WANNA PLAAAAY!" when I read the advertising thread for it, are all Adult rating. I understand why they are rated like so.

I've recently just deemed myself good enough to attempt at anything above beginner level, so I was scared off by anything above that before. And then by the time I actually stopped to read over the back-stories of the settings and such, the roleplay was already full swing and I didn't want to upset some kind of balance that I was sure was going on in the roleplay then.

And yes. Utopia is freaking AMAZING. ^w^ I'm glad she was able to put up with my suck-y writing in The Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nero123 View Post
    *hits settings with a hammer*
    I'll stick to the simple defaults
    Anyway...thanks to this thread...I started playing skyrim again...I got mauled by a sabre cat
    -Plays on the hardest mode, ends Dragons with his Argonian fists.-

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

I know I'm a new face, but I've RPed for a while, and this community is simply very different. It is a LOT more difficult to drum up support for an RP, and I feel as if to gather any interest you must have a very healthy rapport. The simple answer if you want a more steady playerbase, in my experience, interact more. Show interest in things outside your comfort zone. Screw tl;dr: read EVERYTHING. Encourage the newbies, entertain their ideas, let them know what they are doing right or wrong. Listen to their ideas, critique them, brutally if you feel they can take it. Newbies KNOW they are ignorant, amateur, even if this is false. They are entering a well established and firmly contained world that does not include them. They feel the eyes of all on them, and unless they prove their worth or are validated in their presence for MORE than just a day or two, they will get intimidated and leave. Not always but often. That's my two cents.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Steam Powered Giraffe has left me with a boner of inspiration. I think I may be creating something very soon...

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Also, Avaraice, YOU SPEAK TRUTH.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Why not create a mainstream? Now, I kinda hate to even bring it up (I'm no longer fond of the old RP site I stayed in) but it showed to be a success for. . about 2 years? Maybe more. Anyways, really the mainstream is just some big ass universe. Multiple planets ruled by the people who 'created' them or ruled by NPC's creators designate. (Usually the creators ran what went on) I mean literally, the place was immense and what kept it going for so long was the war; the war was about who got the rights to. . seemingly control the whole multiverse. This suited well since there weren't dozens and dozens of regulars. Maybe about . . 12 who were dedicated and newbies who didn't have much of a big role, they were give or take a type of servent or something along those lines to whomever excepted them. (like: Treasurer, war lord, general, etc etc.) Anything could happen really. I know my old. . 'teacher' was a practically a bottom feeder at the beggining of this mainstream and at the end of the war, won. He died 2 times. .. .(Let me add that you're allowed to create as many characters as you want. In his case he raped women and had them bear his child. (They all were boys, I guess I was a lucky one)) By his 3rd character I was done with learning. (He was teaching me to transition into para RP) And I became his someteenth wife had 2 daughters, cared for his 82 sons up until my suicide. ANYWAYS, let me put some small points in this damn thing...

*You all start as whatever, you are allowed to create a race. As in you can be some type of plant thing that can shape shift. .
    *You can live a life; fall in love with another character, start a family, weddings, anniversaries, etc etc.
    *Wars can be started. Either it between two people or the whole mainstream.
    *You CAN die. Once you die, obviously you cannot revive yourself, so be smart with your character, know how to fight.

I would say that things there were a lot different here. The old place I went to was chatroom based, not forum. So it's not like we could make a post and chill for 4 hours before someone responded. It was tops...5-9 minutes that someone created a page lengths worth of drama. So the mainstream CAN be fast paced..

*You cannot do actions that will effect EVERYONE when it's just 1x1 So say you blow up planet Pluto while on Jupiter yet the other person you arguing with is on Earth, shiz won't pan out. And will be dismissed.
    *The world may be complex. Consisting of . . anything
    *If you don't know how to Roleplay fight, learn to do so. Because any participant can call out GM and have others look onto the thread to rule it out or not.

*Don't be afraid to get angry in real. That's what powered the mainstream I was involved in. People got pissed and took some action. Though, OOC they were somewhat friendly.. No hard feelings, ever.

*Make all the characters you want. They cannot be the exact same person though, unless it's a rebirth (Like y'know. BIRTH; birth of a child and having them become you, like a clone) The only time you can create other characters is through conceiving and creating (lab creation)..

I forgot the rest. There's something else @@ Oh well, there's my Idea. There's was only on average 50 people in the chatroom and it lasted for a couple years. I think it's still going on right now too. But I wouldn't know, I suicided and left.

Any Q's Q's and I could answer them.. It's advised that anyone who does participate have a good amount of knowledge on how to Roleplay in 3rd person. And can descriptively describe there characters without photos. (Sorry, the old site I was in didn't have it like it was here. .)

Oh!

*Create characters that can develop over time!

*This can be altered any way you want it, but it has to be set into a world that can actually progress.