Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fragile Nightmares OOC

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.

Fragile Nightmares OOC

Soundtrack for Fragile Nightmares-

Lynn's Theme Song:Girls With Guitars (Wynonna Judd)
    Cipher's Theme Song: Reach (Acoustic) - Lo-Pro
    Jinan's Theme Song: Glittering Cloud Plague of Locusts (Imogen Heap)

Submit a song-

Title:
    Link:
    Artist:
    What It Is For:

Announcements-
    No more Dreams can be accepted. Only Faded Dreams and female scientists. We can have more Nightmares.

3 Dreams
    2 Scientists
    4 Nightmares
    Last edited by Omlyt; 06-06-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Adding Announcement and Song

OMG. I wanna join as a... nightmare. :3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Yay~
    Well, everything is up and running, so once I get a few people in we can start. ^w^

Just gotta figure out who I wanna bring into this game. A new character or someone currently on file. Hmmmmm

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Sooooooo... what type of character should I make, personality-wise? Jerk? Sweetheart? Rough around the edges? Laid-back? Quiet type? Loud mouth?

- hangouts -

Hmm... I really don't know... I think a Rough around the edges character would be fun to play as. Very uptight and stiff and just wants to get out?

I'm going to make my character an amnesiac so she's a bit calm in the new Community...

Edgy, uptight stiff it is! XD

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

So I'm stumped on his "powers." What should his be?
    > The ability to bring things back for a short time and control them?
    > The ability to contort and control his body at will, using his bones and limbs to his liking (so he could remove a rib and fight with it or so he can disconnect his arms and extend them to bizarre lengths)?
    > The ability to copy and use someone else's moves.

I wasn't sure what was allowed and what wasn't so I listed them all. XD

- hangouts -

Bringing things back is rather interesting, but being able to contort and control his body at will seems even cooler, and a bit different. The limitation though, to me, seems as if it would be terrible.

Body Manipulation's Weakness: You can, like, lose a limb... permanently! D: And I feel like it would be a huge strain on the body.

- hangouts -

Or maybe, it could grow back like a starfish's arm! But its a huge strain and it takes like... a month or even longer depending on how you want it to be. I like the idea, personally, but its all a matter of what you want. ^w^

Legendary Adventurer ChiNoMizuumi's Avatar
    In the 11th dimension; because I'm cool like that 8D
    -sneaks up on everyone- >.> ....
    Boo.
    Heyhey can I join, Sure?

-jumps and then glomps Chi- GAAAAH, you scared meee!
    And yup! Yup you can. ^w^

-grins- psshhh... Scaredy cat. Ya silly.
    Yay! Okay okay, I'll make one right now~

BUAHAHAHAH~ So far I have the only Dream~

XD. I chose to be a nightmare because I found that picture on my computer and... well... my reaction was similar to "HNNNNNNG"
    >w<";;
    Hopefully, someone else will make another Dream XD. If anything, I'll make one :3

I think that the less Dreams, the better. They are really hard to control and they die off so quickly... Maybe I should make a Faded Dream. ^w^

Ooooh that's true...
    Well, whatever, I might make one anyway~
    ...But only during the long weekend =w=";;
    I've been running on 2-4 hours of sleep every night for the past month (not kidding) because our teachers didn't plan out the curriculum well this year and everything has been dumped on us D: -- Plus, there was IB testing in the middle of May, and now finals at the beginning of June and... just... gah.... =w=";;
    I WILL make that character, I swear to you >w<

Ewwwww... That's no fun...
    My teachers ran out of things to do. ._. And now its boring...
    YOU WILL SLEEP THIS WEEKEND. YOU WILL SLEEP A LOT.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I decided to have a chara that was there for a while, instead of making her a new Dream. ^w^

I have finally finished him up.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

So how do you want us to introduce our characters? :3

- hangouts -

Have them wake up in the main section. There's are white wall that surrounds the place that the walls that the scientists live in. They wake up in the entrance, near the cafe` where all the newcomers are going to be welcomed with a party-thing.
    Its a simple looking town and it looks kinda like a huge city with big buildings, but compacted into a small space.

The main section is attached to the cafe` through a side door that is only openable if you're in the main section. There's not really an area where you go place an order, but you can go sit down at a table that has a tablet like surface on it. A screen shows up with instructions on how to order. You are able to select what you want and it will come to you by robot. You're able to play games on the surface until your food touches the surface. The plate it is served on has a sensor on it that turns off the table.

The cafe` itself is a comfortable size. Since only 30 to 40 experiments live in the community and they have their own eating schedules.
    Just a quick description of the cafe` area. ^w^ Should probably put this in the rp...

Yeah, I'm new, and this seemed like the best starting RP to join. I have no idea what I'm doing. What's a Faded, by the way, I don't remember reading that in the synopsis.

Uhh, you have one position for a lady present? I guess I'll take that. Powers... I'm thinking either an extra set of arms or she just transforms into a bird, and is stuck in between the two, commonly (feathered dreadhawk, beak for nose/lower lip, no belly button, talons, a hind toe on her feet). Possibly both, if that's okay.

The disadvantages of those? I'm not gonna be an idiot, she doesn't have hollow bones, that's an invitation to disaster. As a result of that and her extra set of limbs, she can't fly when in bird form and cannot quite control her entry into it (i.e., it occurs at inopportune times, especially when stressed). So when she gets stressed out she turns into a hyper-useless bird thing.

Any advice?

If you went further down the page on the overview and under the 'Character' area, there's an explanation there for the Faded, Dreams, Nightmares and Scientists.

And I'm glad that you wanted to join. ^w^ You can have both powers and the limitation sounds good as well. There's nothing I can really add in, except for the fact that if you make a Faded character, they could die within two weeks in role play time.
    And if you really like the character, I could possibly have some scientists revive her.

Normal dream; I have reasons for her powers, more for the birds since it's practically useless (I'll tell you in character approval, I would like to slowly reveal it over story), but the arms are basically because she feels as if she must carry her own weight, always, and (to her dismay) often cannot. How do I make a character sheet?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

-wiggles- Should I be a Dream or a Nightmare? Please don't make me be a Scientist. =P And if I have to be, may mine have powers?

She's up. Sure, when do you want me to PM you the story details I withheld? Now?
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Avarice: If you have any withheld details, you should put them in the character's page. Please go to the overview and check over the character's section again to fill in the things that you didn't include in your profile that you need to.

fightwolf: Well, I'm not accepting anymore Dreams. If you want to play a female character, she has to be either Faded or a Scientist.

D: I can't figure out Byrne's song. It'll come to me... one day. XD

- hangouts -

oh oh oh.

Cipher's Theme Song: Reach (Acoustic) - Lo-Pro

Ooooooh~
    Awesome. ^w^

I'm way okay with being male. =) I have to work tonight, but I will definitely make a character tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Actually, likes. >.< I think I'm just gonna stick with my two RPs.

Is this better?