Login to your account

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Those Who Hunt G I A N T S

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    THOSE WHO HUNT GIANTS

Welcome to the end of the world- can you save it?

I will keep most RP-Related Updates on this first post so please re-check it from time to time; especially as I fill out the background more when we manage to discover more places. You noticed a lot of 'TBA' in there- it is because I didn't want to ruin the surprise or bottleneck everyone into a preset outcome for everywhere we go. So when I fill out a section- you can see which one here. I recommend readnidg them- might be helpful.

UPDATES

05/08/2012: RP is created and open for business.
    05/12/2012: RP is CLOSED.

Last edited by NomDePlume; 05-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Everybody is making so many sci-fi-esque (is that the right genre??) rp's lately. ;o

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Really?
    Hm.
    This is more like futuristic survival with people with supah powahs!
    Ever read the manga Seven Seeds? Sort of like that- but with civilizations and supernatural abilities. Super pretty characters in a ****ed up world.

And for all the work I put into it- I'm going to be freaking surprised if someone decides to join. First things first though- I need to get my character profile up. Still working on that.
    Took me forever to decide who to use. :3

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

And I submitted my character- and I'll finish him up when I get some time. c: He is more of a charisma buff than anything- but fi anyone else wants that role I have another character in mind that I would care to switch too. I suppose I'm just game for anything because I am really excited about this RP. c:

Haha, I didn't really have, like, a word for it? I'm not sure how to articulate, but there's this... similar feeling?? Idk. LOL.

WELL, NOM, I, FOR ONE, THINK IT IS VERY INTERESTING. I will lurk and slowly read up on everything. I'm kind of super distracted at the moment. Lee Joon pole-dancing. Too much for my sensibilities, lol.

TUMBLR.

Nah it is pretty similiar- yo.
    Of course I hope to splash in some horror fantasy elements for funsies.

Yay.
    I am glad you think it is interesting. *slathers self in gold stars*
    Take your time dear- I assure you there is no rush to join this puppy.

Also- I now have Bird or Davis to choose from. >_> Multiple character failure. A lecherous and crude hot head or an adorably nerdy social recluse genius.

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE I AM READING ABOUT??? WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO WAKE UP LIKE A GOD?!1!!?!1 SO UNACCEPTABLE.

xD;

I am going to pull together a character that is, hopefully, interesting/good/and everything. (: Time to find a picture!

TUMBLR.

I Dwell in the corners of your nightmares...
    Thanks for accepting my character Can't wait to start the role-play.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Erm, 'ello! I'm really interested in this roleplay, but I am a bit worried that my writing abilities would not be sufficient enough. I've been thinking about joining a roleplay that is a bit more advanced than what I'm used to, because I've started to notice that the quality of my writing kinda depends on whom I'm rping with.

If you wouldn't mind me joining this, I hope to submit a work in progress of a character tonight. ^w^

Monion: Thanks for joining! We shall begin when we get enough players to begin. Also- just keep an eye on the OOC for updates and what not or to just chill. Thanks again. c:

Sure2HerWorld: Submit your character and we'll see how things go. I assure you this will not be a RP where each post is a wall of text- as long as you have a good character dynamic and posts that are easy to respond to we are good. And I'm sure that you aren't a GMer or PPer or anything. c: Anyway- I'll check your character out when they are finished.

Just finished up my character! I seriously thought that I wouldn't be done...
    So yeah! I'm really excited about this. ^w^

And now its really finished. I was half asleep when I said it was finished before...

Woah--just noticed that this rp is intermediate. I haven't been roleplaying for long at all so hopefully my writing isn't too cringe worthy.

Whoops forgot to approve you Sure2HerWord (going to need a nickname), but you are in. Honestly it just looks like when jing finishes their profile we should have enough people start. c:

Yes.
    Yes it is intermediate.
    Well I enjoyed your profile- and so I'm sure you'll fall into the RP just fine. Ask Jing or Coer- I don't accept bizatches who are bad.
    And maybe you can grow and get better- I mean I've been RPing for like 10 years and I still meet people who teach me a thing or two. c:

I saw what you did in Taking The Chance! (I used to run it, so I have to check up on it every once in a while... Can't trust Ursue as far as I can throw him...) I love your writing style. ^w^

Yes, I hope to get better. I've read some of your post in Palaima and man, that's some quality writing. I'm cereal, your stuff is awesome. I have a question about the pods. Is time suspended in there?

Thanks, Sure2HerWord! Your writing style is pretty neat as well :]

The pods are an interesting factor to everything. You'll find out soon enough why they were made and who they were made by. But the ones our characters wake up in should show some wear and tare because they have been halfway decimated by vegitation and a landslide. That is a good question though- but I can't reveal too much lest I reveal some plot bunnies.

And shh-
    Don't compliment me- I might get an ego.
    XD
    Though Palamia is easy to write in- because Pallis is a fun character to write as. Hooray loose (deer) morals.
    But thank you.
    <3

Waah! Thanks for letting me in Nom-noms~ <3

Hello! Cool powers y'all! :O I was gonna use shadows or walking through walls but since I was feeling lazy with explanations, Luke was stuck in being some king of a human chameleon. Your profiles looked great too! Enjoyed reading through it. Looking forward with writing with you all~ :]
    Last edited by Cœur; 05-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Okay- Coer is switching characters, GlitterAnts is joining us, and I don't know if Jing is done or not.

Either way- this RP IS CLOSED. And I am writing an introduction up either later today or tomorrow. c:

I DO NOT want posts to be long in this RP- that being said I will totally understand if your first post is. But since I believe most everyone detailed what happened before they fell asleep you don't have to say what happened but you can.

Also- any plot ideas you have a brewing let me know. Glitter Ants and I are already working on some messed up side plot.

jdksdj. I'm so sorry for taking so long! ... I don't know, there was just a lot of problems with how his character was forming, BUT, I think I have it figured out! I'll try to finish it tonight and let you guys know when he's done!

TUMBLR.

Nawe don't worry about it Jing. I know your character will be super awesome once you get him worked out. c:

Also-
    A note on NPCs: currently I am the only one that will make them- but later on I'm sure everyone can introduce an NPC here and there. Their stats don't follow the same rules as our characters (if you have seen Jerichos you know that for sure) and neither do the rest of their skeletons. So no I'm not trying to cheat- it is just that what is the point of a helpful NPC if he can't kick people's asses to help you out? c:

Jericho will pretty much be with our character through most of the RP if not physically then via a communication device. And you'll see why when we get to him. In the mean time enjoy the fact he is a sex purple haired mofo (or at least sexy to me anyway- I know some ladies aren't into the older mens like that).

Jericho is indeed a very sexy man :3

(I figured that I would make my mark in the OOC)

Again, apologies for the delay! I've wrapped it up. I only need to include an icon for him, but I'll have to get to that after this weekend. I've gone home for the weekend and... well, everything I need is on my own computer back at the university (lol, I forgot to bring my laptop down, hurrdurr).

But I'm excited to be RP'ing with everyone!

TUMBLR.

Buahahaha~ I'm really excited now. ^w^ This is going to be awesome I can just tell!

And I started the RP. c:

Pretty much what your opening post should entail is waking up and what not- you can add anything you want in regards to what happened before they fell asleep or not.

Any questions- feel free to ask.
    Also the part with Jericho is not important- just will make something seem a little less random here soon. c:

Yup. I absolutely love playing Clara's character. -grins like a mad woman-

Huh. Post was a bit longer than expected. And I belatedly realized that Alan had no response to a potential rape-occurrence less than two-feet away from him, lol. >_____>

And, excuse the impossibility of having slept with contacts for... forever. May I offer people a bucket-load of suspension of disbelief? Haha...

TUMBLR.

Phahah, I wasn't expecting her to freak out like that. Clara is such a nut <3

Pah! Like character, like role player! At least she's freaking adorable- that's how she got away with anything wrong she did at school. -grins-

My fingers got carried away. I apologize for the length. I promise it's just for the intro.

And ha~ I know what you mean Jing. Excuse the improbability of having a dream from a sleep-inducing pod. P.S. That Mblaq siggie always makes me chuckle! LJ's for Mir though!

Anyway, we're on a roll here! :] Wow. You guys post so fast. <3

-phew- That took me a lot longer than I thought it was going to.

Sorry for the short wait y'all!
    I really hope my post is alright. Nomi darling, let me know if I need to change it.

I absolutely loved the posts! You are all so great

-ollies off the world-
    Last edited by GlitterAnts; 05-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.