Login to your account

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC: ANATHEMA (updated)

I should really get to finishing my profile and reading over the ones that are finished. Herpderp.

But, instead, I'm just being fuxing slow and shit. .____.

Will complete profile tonight! I am sure of it! xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Alright, the Knight of Sun and the Knight of Earth have been locked in. Yayyy.

Super happy about that.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Utopia joined this? Nice!!

I have included two other locations!

The Netherplanes and Avanguard. Their descriptions are included in the background information!

Sometime next week, I'll be updating the first chapter with setting information and, hopefully, by then, most of the cast will have been selected.

Awesome! Looking forward to it~.

>>> Side note : I absolutely can't stand the Pokemon Black and White Opening music for the cartoon. (This only pops into mind because it's on at 8 every morning.)

There's a cartoon for B&W? I wasn't even aware Pokemon was still airing, lol...

Cartoon Network. It's... not horrible. They changed the animation for it. But, the theme song is so terrible. I don't know if it's just because the first theme was so awesome... but it's just so cheesy.

// Harshly judging a kids show.

The Knight of Metal has been locked in.

And, in other news, I think I need to see the optometrist. Hn.

Ash's hair is wrong in that series. They should have ended it. And is it not called the Best Wishes series?

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Alright. I'm changing The Guide... to even things out. In the mean times, what's crackin'?

Is there anything you'd like me to shift around with my knight? I may have gone a little wacky on his skills. Trying to decide if I should tone them back a bit.

Thanks for putting up spirit information! (Just noticed it today... >_>; ) It will help me~

I'm back after a long and fun weekend! ;o

And, hopefully I'll be able to figure out the rest of this stuff and... yeah.

Utopia, you don't have to worry about the metal bending for your character! I think the skills you've outlined are fantastic as is. There's nothing to worry about, lol. (:

Alright! I'm itching for this to start.... so I'll be finishing up the last of MY things and, hopefully, the remaining slot will be snatched up or something. As a reminder, just because there is an applicant for a slot does not necessarily mean that the slot itself is taken. I select the best profile versus first-come, first-serve. (:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Oh...spirit info. Need to go and read.

I am looking forward to the start of this one. I feel like I am getting back into the swing of things here as I have been out of touch. Or at least I feel like I have been. I am posting again now that games have picked back up and I feel like doing a happy dance.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Oh hey, I just noticed that the Spirit of the Ox is very similar to how I already wrote up Pallas (sweet). Did you do that on purpose or was I just sort of lucky in that regard?

Are there any spots left?

UTOPA

That was just a happy coincidence, lol. When I read through your character, I just knew that it was the perfect match for the role — no doubt about it, haha. (:

BUT YES! Excitement for the start of this RP! I felt really bad for neglecting it for the past few days, but... extenuating circumstances made it impossible for me to get anything done. It's okay though! I'm back and all is well!

TERRAPLANES

There is still one spot available for application (the Knight of Rain). However, to make this clear (because there was, evidently, a lot of confusion earlier), the role is not set on a 100% reservation-basis. So, if you decide to make a profile and the other applicant also submits a profile — then I'll be picking the most suitable of the submitted profiles. (:

TUMBLR.

Do they still use swords or is it guns like flintlock rifles?

TERRAPLANE

In general, the weapon can be anything, but please remain consistent with your character's outline. (:

Ah, but this might have been something worth explaining, lol.

CONCERNING TECHNOLOGY

Also, as a quicker and easier read, if you sincerely cannot envision Terra, but have played FFVII or FFVIII or FFX then feel free to reference THOSE worlds. The world of Terra is VERY similar to all three of them and, in some cases, can even be argued as a combination of the three. Of course, for those who have not played those games, feel free to just continue comparing the world to our world.

A good rule of thumb, when confused about the technological limits of Terra, is to ask yourself: Do we have this in our world? Is it possible, currently, for this type of technology to exist?

Generally speaking, in terms of technology, Terra heavily mirrors our reality. The only real difference between the two is that Terra has the crutch of magic at its disposal. Therefore, you guys are awarded some freedom to be creative with technology. So, to answer the popular and frequently asked question: What kind of weapons are citizens of Terra using?

Answer: It can be anything from the standard heroic broadsword to high-tech, brains-bashing guns.

Of course, if you decide to use military-grade weapons, you'll be responsible for explaining (logically and plausibly) how your character(s) came to possess them.

However, with that said, there are differences (some slight, some major) in the level of technology available in the seven regions. I'll briefly explain the level (and reliance) of technology available/present in each of the regions.

NOTE: It should be said that the basis for most nations (unless otherwise specified) is meant to assess military technology.

Country of the Sun: Technology in the Country of the Sun is comparable to present-day China. Technology is available and it is decently (if not equally) competitive to the other technological nations (e.g. the Country of the Air, the Country of the Rain, and the Country of the Metal). It should also be said that they have the largest military of the seven nations. In respects to civilian technology, the Country of the Sun has access to a form of internet (high-speed, etc), but, much like present-day China, it is highly censored and restricted. Every night, at roughly 0300, the Sun servers are swept by a program (known as Eclipse Net or EN) that checks for "inappropriate" content and blocks it from access. It also takes down proxies and the likes.

Country of the Rain: As one of the leaders in advanced technology, the Country of the Rain invests heavily in civilian technology. In the whole of Terra, the Country of the Rain has the most advanced phones, televisions, and is the primary producer and designer of luxury sports cars. Moreover, as a courtesy of their force's ability, the Country of the Rain has also further advanced their health departments. In terms of military technology, the Country of the Rain is less impressive, but can still manage to deter the other nations from seeking war. Due to historical incidents (several other smaller skirmishes and wars, post-Xerathe, between the Country of the Sun and the Country of the Rain) have left the two nations at odds with each other. And, as a result, it is believed that the Country of the Rain has missiles (defensive) directed against the Country of the Sun. Politically speaking, the two nations do not have the best of relationships.

Country of the Earth: As a mainly agrarian society, the Country of the Earth has few and little needs to seek out wildly developed technology. Keeping true to older traditions, the Country of the Earth relies heavily on their forces for daily and long-term needs. While the nation has access to modern weaponry (courtesy of imports from the Country of the Metal), they are not necessarily completely up-to-date. There is a growing movement within the more urban parts of the Country of the Earth that seeks and demands greater integration into modern technology, but the ruling family has overrode any attempts at further integration. When it comes to civilian technology, the Country of the Earth is very "diverse." Citizens of the urban areas (major cities) enjoy a lifestyle similar to the other integrated nations), but as the Country of the Earth is still largely farmers (and the likes), most citizens live day-to-day without much internet access. Televisions are commonly small and clunky (flat screens? You're in the wrong nation) and computers run on 56K dial-up.

Country of the Air: The Country of the Air is a highly commercialized, industrialized nation. Of the seven nations, the Country of the Air has the lowest admission of forces into the academy, but makes up for the deficit by investing heavily into technology and, in the last decade, "stealing" forces from other nations to help. To make this easier, the Country of the Air is, in a lot of ways, highly comparable to the United States of America (but minus the unipole status). While it is true that the Country of the Air does mix force into their technology (a great portion of their energy source, perhaps over 80%, is reliant on the air attribute), most citizens have simply grown to be accustomed to living without the fun of a force.

Country of the Metal: This is, perhaps, the most militaristic nation of the seven and, as such, invests a huge portion of their annual GDP into defense funds. Their weaponry is top-grade and the nation's greatest export is their military technology (although they reserve the best for themselves). Much like the Country of the Sun, the Country of the Metal also employs heavy internet censorship (they use a program known as Iron Wall or IW to scan the web). The cities themselves are also highly decorated with technology and, aside from trading arms with the Country of the Earth, the Country of the Metal also share a very strong economic alliance with the Country of the Air.

Country of the Hollows: The Country of the Hollows have a peculiar living situation. Due to their cities being underground or embedded into the mountains, the Country of the Hollows rely almost entirely on their attribute for survival and sustain. Dark matter or energy is said to keep the earth from moving and collapsing onto the underground nation. While there are things like computers, phones, and cars in the Hollows nation, most of its citizens use only Hollows' technology (goods that are comparable to regular technology, but made to only be compatible with Hollows energy). This self-reliance came about as a result of consistent governmental ruling and citizen beliefs that outside influences will, one day, cripple the nation. As a general note, the Country of the Hollows is not necessarily a "friendly" place for foreigners. Visitors or tourists, kept within tourist regions, are acceptable and welcomed, but permanent residents are heavily discriminated against.

Country of the Sky: The level of technology available in the Country of the Sky is disparaging. Due to the wide gap between the haves and the have-nots, technology is only truly available to those who live in the Upper Halls (the Upper Halls are very modernized, but influences of Sky Forces can be seen everywhere). For a quick picture, imagine the Upper Halls to be an extension of the Air Nation). In fact, the entirety of the Upper Halls is kept floating by force energy. In the Lower Halls, technology is still evident, but run-down and broken. It is, after all, the slums of the country, but people get by.

Last edited by joonsexual; 05-04-2012 at 12:30 AM.

TUMBLR.

Later today, I will be taking care more RP-relevant matters. I will set-up the opening setting and... hopefully we will get to RP very, very soon! (:

TUMBLR.

*does a victory lap around thread* ^__^

Alright, it's been kind of quiet here lately, but that's okay!

Some time this weekend, I plan to begin Antebellum. I know we're still short a profile for the Knight of Air and we're short a player for the Knight of Rain, but, no worries!

I have already talked with Minaj and she will be joining us on the 15th of May (roughly around then). And, depending on whether or not the Knight of Rain is snatched up by then, I may allow someone to double up. So, yeah.

But, let's be excited about this, lol! Sorry for having been so MIA lately, but... well, I don't know, life happened? Not sure.

TUMBLR.

Right now, it seems to be Baby Shower season for me. Seriously, like every weekend for the whole month.

I am still as excited as I was when you told me about the idea! I'm still on WTF every day... but it's mainly just lurking. xD

It's funny that you mention that, Utopia... looking at my calender it's the same thing. Baby showers or birthday parties!

For me it's just... harder to want to go online during Spring Quarter... );

But, fear not! I am gonna be a good, dedicated GM. Scout's honor... if I had any, lol.

TUMBLR.

Are you feeling better, Jing?

Haha, mostly, I suppose.

I ended up going to the ER because I couldn't breathe without feeling sharp, acute pain in my lungs. Well, after a myriad of tests and waiting in a hospital gown, they let me go with a prescription for some antibiotics.

My left lung/chest still hurts whenever I move or use my left arm (or breathe/cough), but hopefully it'll get better soon. (:

In hindsight, I should have gone to the doctors long before Thursday, but... yeah. lol. Watched the Avengers though—that was a highlight, lol.

TUMBLR.

Alright! Posting has been opened! Please read through and understand the setting-post before posting! If there are any questions or concerns, please make them known and I'll address them as best as possible!

TUMBLR.