Login to your account

Thread: we only got four minutes to save the world.

we only got four minutes to save the world.

I'm just going to try and keep this simple, lol.

First, Antebellum is about seven characters, who have been tasked with the job of protecting/saving the world. As of the start of the story, there is a great evil unleashed into the world and they are, slowly, destroying everything.

Second, there is magic involved. There are seven possible attributes.

Third, the setting is, however, a modern world. Essentially, this means that people are not, generally speaking, traveling from town to town on horseback or relying on candles for vision.

Fourth, characters are expected to be at least 16 years-old.

Fifth, please ask questions as I'm much better at answering questions than I am at just vomiting information into an empty space without going over-board.

Here is some lore/history/word-vomit about the RP.

Last edited by joonsexual; 04-10-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Is that Italy I spy...?

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Can I be the awsome swordsman?
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

Okay, I lied. It would have been better if I had information-vomit. This kind of realization is only possible with hindsight, lol.

But, to answer you guys.

First, yes — the original image (pre-edits) was Hetalia fanart.

Second, there is no limit on what weapons a character can use. The image itself is not, in any way, indicative of any characters in the role-play. So, to your question, if you like, you may create a swordsman.

Now, onto some other things that I should have mentioned, but, for some reason, just didn't. The following information is not as neatly organized, but has been condensed as much as possible without sacrificing too much information.

There is one central religion — the religion of Terra's Knights.

It is believed that, many, many aeons ago, the world was placed under great stress as the forces of good and evil fought for dominance. War was common, poverty was the norm, and disease plagued all corners of the world. People went to bed hungry and hoped that, when the sun rose, they wouldn't wake up.

But then, everything changed.

In a mysterious fashion, seven unlikely individuals, under a common mission to improve their and their family's life, rallied together to fight against the oppression of evil. They took charge of their town or city's militant faction and, under their guidance, spearheaded another attempt at victory and peace and happiness. The fighting lasted seven long and gruesome years before they, using their combined powers, sealed away the greatest evils of the world.

And, forever after, these seven would be known as Terra's Knights — the seven most powerful Forces to have ever walked set foot on the world.

After the war, the seven were given seven regions of land to rule. They were given huge ceremonies and praise, love and adoration. They were kings without being kings. Together, they ruled in harmony and strove for the same goal: a utopian paradise.

But their dream was soon faced with a real challenge — time.

Despite being powerful Forces, none were more powerful than time and, as the decades rolled on by, so did their lives. Replaced by worthy heirs, for a while, the route of the world stayed on track — their successors worked hard to follow the plans laid out by their predecessors. But as the generational gap between the successors and the original rulers grew in distance, the faithfulness the heirs had to the utopian dream decayed. Soon, there were rifts between rulers and, eventually, a break between all members.

The seven regions became distinct, sovereign, and unattached. They ruled independently of each other and, at times, had wars between one another. Centuries later, the regions would be ruled by a variety of people. Of the seven nations, two would remain in the hands of the original families (although greatly distanced), two would be taken over by republics, who had no need for the obsolete mindset of a monarchy, and three would be ruled by a convoluted and confusing relations (through assassinations, coups, and other means — the "purity" of the lineage is questionable).

But, despite these many changes, the belief in the Knights of Terra is strong. People still believe that direct descendants of the original Knights are powerful beings with connections to a Divine Will or other such things. Of course the level of belief and certainty in such archaic stories varies from region to region, people to people.

sup b00

hey remember that time i'd purged my life of any time-sucking activities and had a social life
    and then
    you came back and sucked me back into rping

l i f e r u i n e r

uht, bitch please. stop trying to pretend like you had a life, a'ight?
    i'm giving you precious meaning, brobro.

basically

Actually, worst decision would have been when we you decided to meet me on Gaia. True story. lol

Balance social and online time...that's what I do plus I RP in hopes of improving my skills as a writer
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

You know what... fuck it. I'm not going to make brand new graphics for the RP.

I'm just going to reuse the images I made for a different RP and... yes. Concept of the RP is the same though, lol.

Hey hey I'm here =]

!!!!

Words fail me at this moment, Merry. <333

Excitement!!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I was so in before it was cool. -Gets glasses-

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Okay. I went ahead and... tentatively wrote up an overview-story for the RP. As you guys may have noticed, some things have changed... but, generally speaking, the overarching idea has not.

Also, I would also like to take a moment and write down some of the primary inspirations for this RP:

East Asian Mythology
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 (LOL)
    Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
    etc, etc, etc.

There's a shit load of things, but those are, probably, the biggest things.

Link.

If you guys have any ideas or comments, feel free to make them in the OOC thread. Everything suggested will be considered, but not necessarily implemented. lol, but, I always appreciate input. (: