Login to your account

Thread: So...yeah...

So...yeah...

I hate introductory posts...Mostly because I never know what to say in them.
    I've been roleplaying on and off for the last 7 or 8 years. (My brain is not awake yet. >_>)
    I will admit that I'm not going to be the best roleplayer you've ever seen. (Insert snort here.)
    I usually average 2-3 decent sized paragraphs or so.
    Umm..I typically prefer fantasy roleplays (or even roleplays with only small elements of fantasy), but lately I've been trying to force myself to broaden my horizons. e.e;
    Er...

PURPLE.
    'cause I can't think of anything else to say.
    =\
    You can ask any questions that come to mind, if you like, though.

How active is this place?
    o-O

Greetings and Salutations Ali~! Welcome to the world of WTFRPG!! I welcome you with open arms, haha. Not many know exactly what to write in introduction posts, so don't even worry about that! And you did a pretty good job anyway, covered all the bases. Although I totally feel like playing an interviewer and asking you various questions~!

"Ehem, you say you like fantasy! All kinds of fantasy? Or specific types?" She stuffs the fake microphone in Ali's direction, eagerly waiting a response.

Oh and... yeah... I'll be honest, it's a slow time for this site. But we're working on acquiring new members as much as we can. ^__^ Even despite that, we have a solid group of members who are online almost every day so it's not a lonely place! Plus, there are many games that are EAGER for new members so do look around!

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Hehe... you snorted. <3
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Ohsnap.
    I got a response.
    Time to make myself look even more dorky!
    Haha.

(: Thanks for the welcome.

Erm. >_>; Good question.
    I like most types of fantasy?
    I don't really know how to respond to that question, 'cause..yeah..I'm not even sure I know what "all types of fantasy" consists of.
    It's a generally broad term, isn't it?

Ah.
    Alrighty.
    Works for me.
    I'm online almost every day, and trying to find a new rp site where I can just kinda..blend?

Dorky is the key to success here. ;D I only ask the fantasy question because some people are strictly into dungeons and dragons type fantasy, while others may be interested in mixing fantasy elements such as magic into a modern setting. I recently started creating a world that tends to most fantasy needs so let me officially invite you to take a look if you ever get bored. ^__^

But if that isn't what you're interested in, there really are so many games available right now you are bound to find something that suites your tastes. Or hey, just make your own for others to join!

Well, being as unique as you are it may be impossible to blend. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. For me, this site was really easy to adapt to... and I have become quite comfortable here. So I hope you will too!

Cool beans. I should survive pretty well, then. Lol.

Ohhh.
    I actually enjoy both. >_>;

I'm not much of a free form type of roleplayer, though. I tend to prefer at least a little structure around what I'm doing.
    <_<; I might make my own some day, but I'm hesitant to do so, because they don't typically take off when I do.
    I poked around the roleplay area a bit, but I really ought to take the time to get a bit more in-depth searching done.

You totally should, there are some really great writers on here. Who put a lot of effort into creating some really cool plots, settings and characters! ((I could boast about the members here for hours, could ya tell? Haha!)) Any kind of hesitance that was created due to experiences at other sites, totally throw them out the window! It's a very different experience here! Just don't be afraid to ask questions, make friends in ooc and things like that~!

I better see you all over the place!! >_>

Lol.
    Yes ma'am!
    /Salutes.
    :3

Hey there! Welcome to WTF, etc, etc — you know, typical welcoming stuff.

Anyway, I think a lot of people on this site prefer fantasy to... nearly all other genres, haha. But, if you want to broaden your horizon without jumping into a group RP, you can always try one/one. This site is rather... dominated by one/ones. Haha.

If one/one isn't your cup of tea, no worries — tons of people do groups too and, you know, all that good stuff. In any case, hopefully I'll get to see you more around the forums. (:

(: Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it.
    I was actually hoping I might find a specific roleplay/type of roleplay, but it appears that I'm not going to find it.
    ):
    I'd make it myself, but..well..I don't particularly care for the idea of making a roleplay when I don't really know the style people use to roleplay.
    Hopefully I'll find something that I can join and work from there. :P

):

What kind of genre/game were you hoping for?

And, yeah, I know what you're talking about. I made a few games, but, I think, the style of the role-play was a bit out-of-step with the rest of the community. So.... these days, I kind of stick to what's already been made or one/one's.

EDIT: I totally forgot to mention this, but if you have an idea you'd like to see happen, but aren't sure of interest-levels, you could always make a post of the idea in the brainstorming sub-forum.

Modern fantasy. <3
    Er..A particular variety of it, anyway. Lol.

Yes, true, but I think I'm too scared to do that this early on.
    Lol.
    Honestly, figuring out the roleplay styles first is something I hope to do.
    I'm just..not sure how to go about that.
    (I'm entirely too picky for my own good.)

Ahh, yeah, I've seen a lot of high-fantasy-types rolling around... not so much modern-fantasy, but, I'm sure, if you asked around, most people would be interested. People here tend to be really nice and friendly and stuff. (:

Haha, you just gotta.... GO FOR THE JUGULAR. No, I'm just kidding, lol.

Or... maybe not. Who knows. Gosh, it's 3PM (where I am) and... I should probably eat something.... Probably.

Lol.
    Perhaps..

Haha. Yeah..food is probably a good idea. :P
    It was like..5 where I am when you posted this, according to the time stamp.
    And..I'm on a shared computer, so I apologize for the delay in the response.

Well there are so many to choose from. I am starting up a sorta modern assassin battle Roleplay.

I have this massive idea for a big new age fantasy game, but I can't launch that tilll much later.

>...<

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Lol.
    It would help if I wasn't so picky.
    I've got my heart set on a particular roleplay idea that I have, so I'm not sure how interested in other roleplays I will be right now.
    Which is probably why I haven't already joined several.
    :P

Biggest problem is, finding the roleplay for you. And if you have to make it yourself, then it may be hard to get others intrested. But I hope you find what you are looking for.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Exactly!
    ;-;
    Thanks.
    I do, too.

Welcome.

I have to admit I have not checked out the welcome board all week. Because I am a bad, naughty wicked Zoot.

I am usually more active than I have been in the past week as are the "regulars" about here. Lots of good people out and about and you should be able to find just about anything you're interested in with whatever literacy/posting level you want.

^^
    Thanks.
    Lol. It's all good.
    Cool beans. (:

Humble Farmer With a Sword Maestra de Musica's Avatar
    Hi!~~ I'm kinda new here too but that's cool because there are alot of roleplays, its not boring (people have probably said this ALOT before me XD)
    Olé!

XD Hiii.
    Yeah, I'm working on the roleplay part. Lol.