Login to your account

Thread: Yellow Newbie Needs Roleplay Badly!

Yellow Newbie Needs Roleplay Badly!

Hi, I'm a new player, Heu--pronounced "hey, you", and sometimes spelled Heiyuu in certain areas of the roleplay community. I've been roleplaying since...

Well, what is roleplaying? If I count sidewalk chalk games of Dungeonmaster, then since I was six. If we start from my first slave RPs on Gaiaonline, then I was fourteen. However, my true love has been, for the past three years, the World of Darkness series of tabletop RPGs, from White Wolf.

I've been playing them online since I was 18, focusing on mortal and changeling characters.

That doesn't mean I don't like fandom RP, though. Lately, I've been playing with fandom characters on Livejournal (which is a very different system than I'm used to). It's been a treat!

And now I'm here. As you can see, I'm literate, and when motivated, I can offer long, detailed posts. However, I tend toward shorter, snappier posts, because of the WoD chats.

I play characters from all parts of the gender spectrum--I've had a genderqueer mage, a male Wolf-Blood, and many female characters. I also like all genres. So, if you think I'd be useful in your game, here I am!

Heh! Hi! I think you'll be rather amusing. But can you play children? Mwahahah. *Slaps self.* Sorry, I'm being insane again. Nice to meet you!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Children? Not usually. I have a hard time when I try to play characters with less intelligence and wits than my own.

Heh. Understandable, I guess. Of course, you can always play an exceptionally smart child. But I should stop before I rant like the madman I am!

Yes.... Ranting is bad. Magic's fun, but swooping and ranting are BAD. At least, according to the bastard prince. XP
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

When I play children, it turns into Ender's Game. Which is an exceptionally good book, but not what I aim for in RP.

I do, however, play teenagers.

Heh. Thirteen year old teenagers? XD

I've always wanted to play Dungeons and Dragons or a similar table top game. I just haven't had luck with it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay being the literate person you are. =]

Welcomes! I just joined today too!

Anyways.... hehe Dragon Age reference= AWESOME!

See, someone gets it! *Adds Kytti to mental awesome list* Aqua didn't even pretend to laugh.
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Dragon age? I thought it was Gauntlet.

I have not played Dragon Age, YET! I will when I get my new computer next week =]

*gasp* Blasphemy!

Meh! Bioware needs to get over their fear of jump buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    *gasp* Blasphemy!
    I haven't bought it because I've been saving up for my new computer and all the other games I've bought >_> and this computer can't run it. I would rather play it on PC with phenomenal graphics and stuff. So

At least you have an excuse! lol I have it for my 360 lol And jump buttons? Hmm, that could be quite interesting lol Dragon Age is still pure awesomeness for it's SLs :P

Yes I do.

XD Bethesda is my preference, no lack of roof hopping there! Heh!

The game I'm REALLY looking forward to, above all others, is Guild Wars 2. So excited for that game. That's the main reason I'm getting my new computer. That and to played a lot of games I can't play right now.

Same here! Hurry up and be released, GW2!

I'd be far to tempted to jump off cliffs. And as soon as I get GW2, I'm going to make the arena fear me once more!

I want Guild Wars 2 to be very polished by the time it releases. I don't want them to rush at all. They have come this far with the 'When it's ready' thing for this long and I don't want it to change now. =] I'm going to be a Norn Guardian for my first character. Anyway, let's try to stay on topic since this isn't the right thread to talk about this.

I'm waiting for Skyrim, though I only got Oblivion last month.

You can always create Guildwars threads in Skull Session. xD Though I don't mind you yapping about it in this thread as long as you like. :3 I haven't played GW in forever. D: I got stuck on a quest I was determined to do alone + meatshields (npcs) and then I joined Menewsha.com's staff and I just never went back. >____>; I ought to though, my rig's better now. :3

Anyway - I've got distracted again. xD Welcome to WTF, Heu! :3 Excited to see more people with different roleplaying backgrounds and experience. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin