Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gemini (Sure and Mikimouse)

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Flynn's grandmother flung a hand across Shane's cheek after dropping the pictures in her hands onto the ground, shattering them terribly. She then left through the front door, dragging her husband behind her. The man had his eyes closed, a look of tiredness in his face. When the two were gone and the sound of the car starting was made, Flynn still didn't move.

He closed his eyes and put his hands over his face. His grandparents never liked that their daughter went off and married a musician, instead of a lawyer or a doctor. They never liked Flynn either, because they thought that he wouldn't be successful at all. And the boy knew this, improving on his skills to try to meet their expectations.

A huge sigh left his lips.

"I..." he pulled his hands from his face and looked up at Shane, seeing the red spot on his cheek. His eyes widened and he got up to his feet, reaching a hand out to Shane, before pulling it back, sure that he had already caused him enough pain. He interlaced his fingers together and looked down at his feet and the shattered glass from the picture.

"Are you okay?" he asked, not looking up.

In the deepest depths of my mind. Do not disturb.
    When Flynn's grandmother walked out Shane had murderous intentions. He was going to get back at her, soon. His cheek stung but it wasn't a big deal. He's gone through much worse than this.

Shane looked back at Flynn when he heard the boy spoke. When the boy refused to look at him, Shane pulled him into a hug. "I'm fine love, no need to worry." he said stroking the other's hair.

After some time has passed, he sat on the nearby coach and pulled Flynn onto his lap. "What do you want to do now?" he asked hugging the boy close.
    insert awkward failing~

"I want to... Be home." he said quietly, pressing his face into the warm fabric of Shane's shirt. My shirt... not- what does it matter? I'm... Not alone. He closed his eyes and fought tears, but they came anyway. He sobbed loudly, knowing full well that he would never be able to be at home in this place any more. Never again.

"This isn't home anymore... Maybe I am an ungrateful brat, just like she said. I never appreciated what I had... he shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Shane tightly. "Please... Shane... Just don't go." he whispered, looking up at him with crazed eyes.

Looking at the crazed look in Flynn's eyes, he knew that the boy was close to snapping. He had gone through so much for someone his age, and he wasn't handling it well. "I'm not going anywhere." he reassured the light haired boy softly. He bent down and captured Flynn's lips.

"If this isn't your home anymore... would you like to live with me?" Shane asked as they parted and tried his best to wipe the oncoming tears once again. 'This must be really bad for him' he thought sadly. "You need some sleep. If you wish to come with me, we can pack your stuff tomorrow." Picking Flynn up, he carried the boy to the bed and gently laid him down before getting in. "Good night love." he whispered in Flynn's ear and kissed his temple.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn didn't sleep that night. He just stared at the ceiling when he heard the other one start to snore. He wrapped his arms around Shane and just stared at the white paint at the top of his room. His eyes didn't dare to droop, he was too tired. His gaze didn't falter, until the morning, when the sun arose from its sleep.

He pulled his head from his pillow and reached over to Shane, pulling the boy closer to him, his hand on the other's waist. It was then that he closed his eyes, now that he was in the comfort of his warm body. He held on tightly, not wanting to let go at all.

"You better not be lying to me when you say that you won't leave me." he whispered, suddenly feeling very possessive of Shane. His voice was unusually even, but it was filled with an uncanny tiredness that made him sound stronger. "Because, Shane Vo, I will follow you to the ends of the Earth, no matter what you think of me." His voice was quieter then it was before.

Shane was momentarily drawn away from his dreams when he hear Flynn's voice speak. He subconsciously pulled Flynn closer to him and then returned to his world of dreams.

He was soon awaken by the sunlight hitting his face. The room was bathed in the golden sunlight, it looked beautiful. It took a minute before the memories from yesterday came crashing back. Trying to sit up on the bed, he realized that he couldn't. Looking around, he noticed why. Flynn looking at him and holding onto him rather tightly.

Taking a closer look at Flynn, he noticed that he had dark circles under his eyes. He brought his hand up to the other's face and traced the lines with his thumb. "You didn't get any sleep." he stated simply. After a brief silent he spoke again. "Why? You need it much more than me."
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn stayed silent for a moment, just letting Shane run his fingers under his eyes. He didn't want to say anything, since his throat was a bit dry. But soon, he opened his mouth and took in a deep sigh.

"I couldn't fall asleep. Too much to think about." he mumbled, taking one arm the dark haired boy and pushing his hair out of his face. He took in a deep sigh and pulled the covers up to his neck, trying to keep warm. The air conditioning was on a low setting, but the fan was on in the room.

He fell back into silence.

After a few more moments of silence Shane decided to get up. He sat up and stretched a bit before standing up. "Today is going to be long day for us." he said as he stoked Flynn's hair. "Do you want some breakfast before we pack your stuff?" he asked softly.

After they finished packing, Shane slumped down on the coach. "This is too much work for two boys." he said with a sigh. It took quite a while to pack and they only packed things that Flynn might need, but that was still a lot. Now they didn't really know what to do with the rest of the things inside the house.

"Flynn." he called to the boy who had looked up from some pictures. "I'm dying. I need a hug."
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn had worked hard, and didn't want to stop working by the time they were done. He was very appreciative of the boxes that were in the garage. With a soft sigh, he put the last thing into the box and closed it up.

A cry for help came from the couch and he went to answer it, collapsing onto the couch beside the dark haired boy and hugging him. When he sat down, he realized that he didn't want to get up. He had worked himself too hard, and again, he wanted to fall asleep. This time though, he wouldn't let himself. He let out another sigh and tried to get to his feet, but it was futile. There was no way that his knees would let him up.

"AAAAAUUUgh." he grumbled.

Shane leaned closer to Flynn and tried to give him a massage. He knew that the boy was very tired, even if he refused to admit it. Everybody had to collapse sometime. "See love, this is why you should get some sleep." he said with a sigh. "I'll deal with everything else while you rest, okay?"

Getting up, he finished everything that he could possibly think of. Soon, they were settled in his home and now started to unpack the boxes. Moving proved to be a difficult labor and soon he was sprawled on his bed once again.

He wasn't really sure where Flynn was, though he guessed that the boy was still digging through what was left of his old home. Shane decided he would search for him after he took a much needed shower. It had been a horrendous day full of hard work and he had been very sweaty.
    insert awkward failing~

A tall woman with long black hair, much like Shane's walked in with a small platter with two plates on it. She looked at the 5 boxes that were piled in her son's room, but 2 of them were labeled pictures. She looked at Shane with a light smile as she bumped into him, quickly taking a step to the side to let her son pass.

"I think he's in the backyard." she said simply as he started down the hallway. When the boy was out of sight, she went further into the room and set the platter down on the bed. She had a feeling that Shane would do this- let Flynn live with them. In fact, she had made the offer to him a while back, when the blond boy's mother had disappeared for a month.

Flynn's family matters were fickle, but they were sorted out now. He would be a part of their family now.

Flynn was sitting down on the back porch, swinging his legs lightly as he looked at the large backyard. It seemed to never end, and at the very back there was a small pond where the water reflected all that was in the sky. Now a setting sun was hanging just above the horizon, and it reflected beautifully.

Getting out of the shower, Shane put on a pair of pants and left the room. He then arrived at the kitchen to get a glass of milk. "Dinner will be ready soon." his mom replied as she heard the fridge open. He gave her a brief nod and smile before he headed out to find Flynn.

Spotting the boy on the porch, he sat down behind him and held him close. "Mom said that dinner is almost ready." he muttered against the light haired boy's ear. "Now it's your turn to shower, it's been quite a long day."

They stayed in the backyard for a while, just snuggling close and marveling at nature's beauty. It was one of those moments that made it feel like everything was just right, a perfect moment frozen in time.
    insert awkward failing~

Flyn jumped when Shane came from behind him, wrapping his arms around him. The blond leaned back into Shane's chest and let out a heavy sigh.

"I can't go take a shower with you attached to me now, can I?" he said, a light laugh in his voice. He had shivered with the warm air and lips touched his ear, making him close his eyes and resist the urge to kiss him. He didn't want to move really though... And his mother was right there.

"Shane?" he whispered quietly. "I love you." he didn't want anyone else to hear, just the young man behind him.

(Auuuuugh... Short post.)

"I love you too." Shane whispered nipping on the other's ear.

After a few more minutes outside,Shane heard his mom from the kitchen. "Boys, the dinner is ready." Helping Flynn up, Shane lead them to the dinning room. "Guess you'll have to take a shower after we eat." he whispered with a smirk on his face.. "I can help you if you want."

(lol I didn't know what else to put) >.<
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn's cheeks went to a bright red. "No!" he said quietly, his eyes going wide. He looked away from Shane and then made himself get up. "I mean... Well, I just mean no..." He offered a hand out to the dark haired boy on the ground, but kept his gaze to the ground away from him.

"Come on. Let's get some dinner." he said, his voice sounding a bit quieter and tired then it did a while ago. After Shane took his hand, he pulled him up and went into the kitchen, sitting down on a stool at the bar, a plate being placed in front of him. Macaroni and cheese, his favorite food.

(( ~Time skip~ let's say they're in the summer of their first/second year of high school))

Shane walked to the park to meet up with some friends from school. They were the younger generation of the Yakuza and Shane had gotten very close to them.

He met the leader of the pack, Jade, during a fight. Shane had seen Jade and an older man arguing over something. He ignored it till more people came out and cornered the boy. Having nothing else to do, and seeing that the boy was a rather good fighter, he decided to help out. After that, they became fast friends.

He and Flynn have been dating for a while now and after a couple of months the came out to his mom. She was surprisingly okay with it, "I knew it," she simply stated and then laughed at the boy's shocked faces. His dad, however was a different story. They had yet to tell him considering that he was mostly away on business, and the fact that the was a homophobic.

Let's say that Flynn wasn't all that happy when Shane introduced him to Jade. That was the first bump in their relationship and there was a lot of screaming and tears. When they finally made up, Flynn still wasn't too happy about him hanging out with the "wrong people" but tolerated it if he got to tag along sometimes.

Spotting his friends, he got up and strode towards them. "Hey." Jade greeted Giving a nod at the greeting he turned to look at the rest of the group. He recognized their faces quickly and proceeded to open his mouth. "What on earth do you want at six am in the mourning!?" he shouted, letting out his frustrations.

Shane was nowhere near happy. He was woken up by a text at five-thirty in the morning, stating that it was absolutely imperative and that he had to meet them at the park. He had to leave his Flynn too early for his liking and they showed up late. He gave them all a glare and smirked as he saw them flinch away. Feeling someone grab his arm, he looked down and saw that Jade was clinging to him.

"We were just trying to see if you wanted to come with us to Nha Trang, the beach is pretty. It's far from here so we have to leave now if you want to come."
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn was not only upset about the fact that Shane had to get up at such an ungodly hour, but also about the fact that he couldn't get back to sleep. He had gotten so used to the warm body that rested beside him every night just being there, and now it wasn't.

It wouldn't be like this if Jade hadn't- augh. Just no. he thought bitterly as he sat up. He pressed his back against the headboard and groaned, raking a hand through his scalp. That damn yakuza member is getting too close to MY Shane. He looked up at the ceiling and stared for a little while, as if he could stare a hole into the plain white paint.

But it didn't work, and now his eyes hurt. Dammit.

With a couple of blinks and some mental cursing out of Jade, Flynn managed to get out of bed. He promptly grabbed his easel and his paint case with a canvas in it and left the room, only wearing his pajama pants. He would go ahead and paint today, since it was a weekend and he was up so early. He thought that since he was already up that he could just go on ahead and paint the sunrise. It had been a while since he had done that.

"Good morning son."

Flynn turned around. It was Shane's dad, getting ready for work. He was dressed in a business suit, his tie hanging loosely around his neck. The man was very intimidating, but it seemed to Flynn as if the man thought of him as his own son, and probably liked him more then Shane.

"Good morning, Sir." he said, going on ahead to the back porch. He wanted to paint the reflections of the light bouncing off of the pond today.

"Do something productive today, okay, Flynn?" the man asked as he went into the kitchen.

"Yes, sir, I will." He would probably mow the lawn or something.

"Good." The porch door shut and Shane's father's voice was cut off.

Now, I shall paint. He took in a deep sigh and did just as he thought.

Shane let out a groan as he opened the door of his house. After ten hours, he was finally at home.

Not really seeing anything, he trudged into his room an collapsed on his bed. Thinking back, he wondered how he ended up going. He remembered being enraged due to the fact that he had to wake up at this hour to be asked to got to the beach. He had stated that he refused to go and started yelling at for their stupidity.

Despite his wishes, they somehow managed to get him into the car and to the beach. Shane had to admit that the trip wasn't that bad, he had fun and he got to experience new things.

They had gone around and looked at a few shops for souvenir and Shane had spotted something that fascinated him. There was a little stand that made customized dolls that look like their owners. When they were finished with his request, he had two plushies that looked remarkably like Flynn and himself. 'I hope he likes it'

After a few minutes of playing dead, he got up and looked for Flynn. Finally spotting him, he flung his arms around the boy and pulled him into a big hug. "I missed you." he muttered burying his face in the crook of the other's neck.
    insert awkward failing~

It was 6 o'clock in the afternoon and Flynn was at the dinner table with Shane's parents. They heard the door open and then shut, but they said nothing. This was getting to be a normal thing, but it obviously bothered everyone at the table. There was silence for a little while until Flynn finished his food and stood up, picking his plate up. Shane's dad looked up at him and nodded and then the light haired boy turned adn went to the kitchen.

It was there where he was ambushed by a flying Shane.

The dark haired boy latched on to Flynn from behind and then buried his face into his neck. It caused him to jump a little, but there wasn't any damage done. The plate was safely lowered into the sink without shattering.

He was glad that Shane was back, but he had the faint scent of saltwater in his hair. The young man turned around in the other's grasp and pulled his head out from the crook of his neck. It was quite obvious that he had gone to the beach- he had a darker tan on his cheeks then before.

"You better explain." he mumbled, a concerned look on his face. "But you're dad is right there... You might want to let go..." his voice lowered and he looked down and closed his eyes. He wasn't glad that Shane's father was a homophobic, and it caused them to have to be very secretive.

Letting out a sigh, Shane let go of Flynn and took a step back. "I'll explain to you later when we're back in the room." he said giving a scowl in the direction of his father. Looking back at Flynn he gave a small smile. "I got you something" he stated mysteriously and then head to the shower.

When he finished, he walked into his room and saw the light haired boy on their shared bed. He sat down and pulled the boy to him. "Ughhh, today was unbearable. I hate being dragged to places, especially that early in the freaking morning."

After a few minutes he pulled out the small bag that held the mini version of his love and him. Taking the two figures out, he handed Flynn the smaller version of him. "This is your present." he stated as he kissed the boy's temple.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn finished the dishes and then headed back for their room. He caught a questioning glance from Shane's father, but the blonde merely looked away and walked back to the bedroom.

With a soft sigh, he collapsed on the bed and pulled out the ponytail that was holding his hair back. It was pulling a bit so hard that it was giving him a headache, so he let his dark gold curls out of their cage. He laid there for a while before Shane walked in, and then he sat up.

Shane sat down beside him with a little bag in hand, where he pulled two little dolls from. They looked suspiciously like each of the young men, and it took him a moment to realize that it was on purpose. He liked these kinds of things- well, he liked all kinds of arts and crafts (particularly painting).

He didn't say anything for a while, just staring at Shane with a strange look in his eyes.

"You didn't have to go, you know. Its not like they actually force you to go." he knew this well, because all the members of the gang were quite a bit scared of him.

"Well they might have promised me some spring rolls.." he muttered, everybody knew he had a weakness for those. "And it was early in the morning, I couldn't think straight."

Seeing the strange look that he was given by Flynn, he knew that there was something wrong. "What's on your mind?" he asked pulling the other closer to him.
    insert awkward failing~

"I could have made you spring rolls if you asked for them." he muttered, suddenly feeling a bit upset. He sighed and looked at the wall that was in the opposite direction of Shane. He was really tired of Jade's antics, taking Shane away from him and putting him in harm's way.

Shane asked what was wrong, and Flynn did want to spit it out and just get it over with, but he didn't want to hurt Shane either. He had grown to love the gang as much as his own family.

"I just wish that you would be around more often." he said. It wasn't too far from the truth, and was, in fact, rather true.

"Ohhh" Shane replied quietly. Thinking back on it, he realized that he had barely spent any quality time with Flynn ever since summer started. Sighing he laid down on the bed and pulled the other with him.

Once they were comfortable, he started to stroke Flynn's hair. "I'm sorry." he said apologetically, "I must have been a terrible lover." Pressing his forehead to Flynn's, Shane gave a big smile and whispered, "How about I make it up to you by being all yours for the rest of the summer?"

Snuggling closer to the warmth, he kissed the boy. "Does it sound good?"
    insert awkward failing~

The offer sounded fake to Flynn, but he wouldn't deny the opportunity of the promise being real.

A light sigh left his lips and he just nodded. "I'd like that." he said quietly. He looked into the dark haired young man's eyes and smiled some back. It was a nice gesture- but it probably wouldn't last. Shane cared a lot for his adopted family, so much so that sometimes Flynn felt as if they were taking his place.

But they weren't and the thought now left a guilty shelfish feeling in his stomach.

Shane frowned as he noticed the uneasiness that still lingered. "You know that you can tell me anything, love." he whispered softy pulling the boy closer.

Giving a sigh, he closed his eyes. He knew that his love was keeping something from him, but he wasn't going push it. At least not yet, right now he was willing to let Flynn stay in his thoughts.

That was when something hit him. Opening his eyes, he looked at the light haired boy. "Does this have something to do with Jade?" he asked.
    Last edited by mikimouse; 05-05-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    insert awkward failing~

"To be honest... yes." he muttered quietly. He still didn't want to look Shane in the eye, knowing that he will be upset. A light sigh left his lips as the door opened some.

"Shane? Flynn? You're missing out on dessert." Shane's dad called.

((WRITERS BLOCK OF DOOM. -____-))

"We'll be there in a few minutes." Shane said as the door closed and the footsteps fades.

Turning back to the smaller boy, he gave him a small peak on the cheek. "You shouldn't be upset with Jade. I do not feel that way towards him and I do not plan to be taken away from you." he said softly.

Then pulling them both from the bed, he dragged Flynn to the kitchen. He really didn't feel like eating, but he knew that he wouldn't hear the end of it from his mom if he didn't eat.
    Last edited by mikimouse; 05-05-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    insert awkward failing~

Flynn allowed Shane to pull him from the bed and then drag him towards the dining room. The smell perked him up, and he couldn't help but feel better. That's what always seemed to happen when he was near some kind of dessert and tonight, it was strawberry cheesecake.

"That smells delicious." he murmured as he closed his eyes and sighed. He sat down and felt the grin creep across his face even more. There was nothing like the smell of cheesecake.

Shame couldn't help but smile at Flynn. His lover just seem innocent, so unlike him.

Taking a bite of the dessert, he grinned. His mom was always a magician when it came to sweets. He grew up knowing basically everything about the world of desserts, and he had loved every minute of it.

When he finished, he got up and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek and went back up to his room. Today was rather tiring and he just wanted to sleep. Getting on his bed, he closed his eyes and drifted off.
    insert awkward failing~