Login to your account

Thread: Bonjour Mesdames et Messieurs!

Bonjour Mesdames et Messieurs!

Good morning (at least here)!

My name's Scriblette and I'm an alcohol-- Wait a minute, wrong forum!
    No, I'm a roleplaying addict. I've been reformed for a little while, but I'm geting back into the game (relapsing, if you like) and thought I'd check out a new forum. You can call me Scriblette or L. I'm an editor at a private investigation firm in Atlanta, Georgia (which is not nearly as exciting as it sounds). I'm also a part-time grad student, so I'm always busy, but luckily, I don't sleep!

My interest lie in games without stats or dice or number systems. I'm more into games that are strictly wordplay. I love all things speculative (fantasy and sci-fi), as well as literary and historical settings. I can often be talked into modern games, as long as the focus is not romance or angsty teens (I'm a really big fan of workplace rps.).

I've been roleplaying for around four years now with a big ol' gap over the last eight months. I've been active on Menew, Roleplay Gateway, and Elliquiy (for those of you who know what that means).

I'm setting up my profile more completely with a likes, dislikes and ideas section, but for now if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hi-hi! It's always nice to meet fellow longtime rp addicts.
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Hello, nice to meet you as well. Thanks for dropping by!

Random madman greeting! Hi, hi, and Hi! How are you today, friend L?
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Hello. I'm quite well today. It's Bloomsday (James Joyce's Ulysses was set on June 16), so I'm annoying everyone at work with a terrible Dubliner accent. How're you?

Wait- Today's Bloomsday? O.o I didn't know that! Sweet!
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

I know, it's quite thrilling. Twitter's aflame with Bloomsday Burst and I'm dying to be done with work, so I can go get some Guinness. Sadly, I didn't have liver for breakfast, though.
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

I'm glad to meet you, you seem like you would have an interesting role play style. I look forward to maybe trying to do a role play with your in the future.

Thank you for those kind words. I hope that we will find something to collaborate on!

Welcome to WTF RPG, Scriblette! We're neighbors! (I'm in Alabama and less than two hours from ATL.)

I've never actually met many people who were interested in workplace romance rpgs who, y'know, were serious about it being serious (and adult). xD Though I suppose that's more a matter of the players who would otherwise be up for it (or at least capable of it) and I were currently involved in fantasy/supernatural/superhero type games so our minds were more geared down those lines. But I think it's cool and I hope you find plenty. :3

If you have any questions/suggestions/observations/so forth, let me know. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thanks so much for the welcome. Glad to know that there are some rp-ers in my neck of the woods!

I love playing a bit of most everything, so I think I'll find something here!