Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Girl Needs a Life, But She's Going to Ask For An RP Instead

Quote Originally Posted by Sure2HerWord View Post
    I kinda want to be the invisible person, if you don't mind. As for the plot things, I need the setting first so I can get things settled in my mind that are relevant to the place they are at...
    I wanted to play the invisible person too. Alright. I can play the popular kid, however I don't got much experience playing those.

If we should have a school setting I think college would be best. Although there are perhaps no gangs there... like it's in high school i.e. the popular kids, the jocks, the cheerleaders, the nerds etc. What'd you think?
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    A high school... Maybe a private school- those tend to have less gangs, I believe. At least less gang activity.
    Hmmm... -waiting for ideas to come to mind- When I get a chance to get on a computer today, I may have some plot ideas...

A high school... Maybe a private school- those tend to have less gangs, I believe. At least less gang activity.
    Hmmm... -waiting for ideas to come to mind- When I get a chance to get on a computer today, I may have some plot ideas...
    I thought it was the other way around, that high school have gangs while college don't.
    Zone District

Well, private schools have less, but public schools have a whole bunch, depending on location.
    I'm not all too sure about colleges though, but that sounds like it would be interesting...

Well, private schools have less, but public schools have a whole bunch, depending on location.
    I'm not all too sure about colleges though, but that sounds like it would be interesting...
    OK, I misunderstood then.

I'm currently going to college. I haven't encountered much "gangs" though. I believe a public high-school does have a lot of gangs. On college there are fraternities and sorronities(sp?). Those could be considered gangs. Other than that I guess there's the football team and the cheerleaders. Can't think of anything else.
    Zone District

Hmm, we could do a college thing. It would be different then what I am used to- high school and younger character (eighteen and younger) thing I usually do. I'm still in 8th grade, so I really don't know either setting particularly well.

Hmm, we could do a college thing. It would be different then what I am used to- high school and younger character (eighteen and younger) thing I usually do. I'm still in 8th grade, so I really don't know either setting particularly well.
    I don't want you to do something you isn't comfortable with. It's easy for me to play a college or high school game as I've gone through both of those.

8th grade doesn't tell me much as we uses other terms in Sweden. I can only guess that you'll go to high school next or the following year, but I can't be sure.
    Zone District

Well, I have an idea of either place and both are fine with me. I'm really sorry about the confusion. And you're right- I do go to high school next year, so I can only guess about settings. ^w^ I've played many high school students, and it would be an interesting challenge to play a college student.

Well, I have an idea of either place and both are fine with me. I'm really sorry about the confusion. And you're right- I do go to high school next year, so I can only guess about settings. ^w^ I've played many high school students, and it would be an interesting challenge to play a college student.
    OK. So what do you want to play? High school or college? I was merely thinking about colleges as you can do more. You can work, drink, party etc. On high school you could do that of course... but not in a legal way.

In Sweden we have College/University, High school and 9 grades in basic school. We also begin school at 7 (years). Then we got other types of higher education as well.
    Zone District

I guess college then. Sounds more interesting.

So we have the setting down. I have a few plot ideas, but not many at the moment. I've been going through a light writer's block on certain things and anything that has to do with school has been one of them- so I'm very sorry about that.

At 7 years old? Wow, here in America, we start earlier. Like... five or six.

Hm, I don't know if you're still interested in finding one/one partners, but... I was wondering if I could interest you in the following:

High school / bullying / etc.
    Generally, for this idea, I was thinking of something along the lines of Hana Yori Dango. There's a group of popular students, who, by virtue of their families, more or less, run the school. They're the unchallenged elites, but, of course, someone has to come along and upset this "bubbled" existence.

Personally, I would prefer this to be a male/male pairing, but, it won't be too much of a problem if you would prefer to make this a straight pairing instead.

In any case, I was just looking for a modern/simple kind of role-play, haha...

I guess college then. Sounds more interesting.

So we have the setting down. I have a few plot ideas, but not many at the moment. I've been going through a light writer's block on certain things and anything that has to do with school has been one of them- so I'm very sorry about that.

At 7 years old? Wow, here in America, we start earlier. Like... five or six.
    Well we got pre-school around 6 and younger but actually school doesn't begin until we're 7.

If you don't got any inspiration for a college/school 1x1 we could always do it in another setting.
    Zone District

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    If you don't got any inspiration for a college/school 1x1 we could always do it in another setting.
    I have some ideas- like they meeting at a party, or they get paired up in a class for a project. Or possibly both. Maybe they could meet at a party, something happens that the invisible kid would like to forget about, but they get paired up for a project and they have to work very closely.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jingRAWR View Post
    High school / bullying / etc.
    Generally, for this idea, I was thinking of something along the lines of Hana Yori Dango. There's a group of popular students, who, by virtue of their families, more or less, run the school. They're the unchallenged elites, but, of course, someone has to come along and upset this "bubbled" existence.

Personally, I would prefer this to be a male/male pairing, but, it won't be too much of a problem if you would prefer to make this a straight pairing instead.

In any case, I was just looking for a modern/simple kind of role-play, haha...
    Well, I'm very interested in this idea! (I think I freaked out my sister when she walked into my room when I was spazzing out about Hana Yori Dango. I forgot what it was at first but then I remembered that I read it. XD) So there are a group of students who rule the school, and everyone else obeys anything they say until someone comes along and makes them stop? Sounds like something I've been looking for actually. I'm just fine with a male/male pairing, its just a mater of who plays who.

Haha, glad to hear!

Yeah. Essentially, there'll be a group of students (we'll keep it around four), who have both the money and the social-standing to, more or less, dictate how the school is run. I was also thinking that it might be fun to make the school an elite private school where almost all the students are from rich and powerful families — a setting similar to Ouran High School Host Club.

In any case, I thought it might be fun (although, a bit overdone...) to have the challenger be a scholarship student or someone that is outside the usual wealthy, elitist background.

But, the point is, the student, who's sick and tired of bowing down to the whims of the most powerful students on campus, decided to challenge/oppose the system. Maybe he stood up for someone being bullied by the elite four (haha, Pokemon reference...) or he just decided to tell them off... It doesn't really matter what we decide on, but, because he intervened or somehow made himself "visible," the leader of the elite four has turned his sight onto the challenger, which makes the challenger the target of the elite four's harassment.

And... we can... possibly start at around that point?

Aside from that, do you have a particular country you would like this to take place in? And... as for roles, I'm willing to assume more than one role (because.. from the way things are shaping up), it might be necessary to take on more characters. If you can't or don't want to play more than one primary character, that's fine! You can always change your mind as we go along in the role-play. (:

What if....the scholarship student was originally their tutor and he was getting sick and tired of them messing with people, so he stands up, but when he does, they start to make his life hell because he has some kind of contract with the school, and he can't really afford to get out of the contract, because the school is paying for his housing and utilities... Or maybe he was requested to be the tutor after he stands up?

I can take on, at most, two to three characters. I've been trying to cut down on the amount of characters I take on, because the quality of my writing has gone down a bit. But, who shall play who? I am kind of interested in playing the guy who stands up, but I can play some other characters as well- seeing as I need to leave my little comfort zone of feisty-but-kinda-quiet-at-the-same-time characters. ^w^

Well, as for country... I have no particular country I want it to be in, really.

Oh, I like that idea — the one where they hire the guy to be their tutor after he decides to stand up to them. And, I suppose, in that particular situation, he can't really just quit being their tutor because, if he does, they'll have him expelled from the school.

Having the school pay for his housing is a rather nice spin. (:

Hn, well, if you prefer playing the tutor-role, I don't particularly mind. Haha. If you take the tutor role, I can assume the leader of the Elite Four/Student Council (I figured, the elite students would probably have taken control of the Student Council rather early). And, if you want to expand to other types of characters, there are three other students in the Elite Four.

Or you can play roles that come later on... so, you can get used to the pace of the role-play first before jumping into a bunch of things at once. For instance, you could always play the possibly love interest of other characters (the sexuality of those pairings can be anything you decide upon)... All up to you and whatever is more comfortable for you!

As of right now, I was definitely planning on playing the leader, one other member of the Elite Four, and, possibly (if you agree to it) a friend or supporter of your character. If it helps you make a decision, here were my character outlines:

The Leader: He's arrogant, willful, and a sore-loser. He's the son of an extraordinarily wealthy family and, to make matters worse, his father is the Chairman of the school (which explains why he's allowed to walk the halls unchecked by everyone else).

Member of the Elite Four: He's smart, clever, and calculative. He's top-student material and his family business is heavily connected to the medical field (they own hospitals, etc).

The Friend: He's a happy-go-lucky kind of guy — all smiles, all laughter. He's really simple and isn't too bright. His family owns a chain of very successful restaurants and resorts. And while he's like most students, wealthy enough to not really require a job after graduating, his family net worth is no where near the massiveness of the Elite Four.

Generally, that was my outline for the characters. I will, obviously, flesh them out more for the actual RP, but, for now, that's what I was thinking. The Leader and the E4 Member are both going to be seventeen-year-olds (senior in high school) and the Friend will be whatever age you decide to make your character. Of course, if you don't like the idea of the friend (or do not have plans for a friend character for your role), just let me know and the friend won't make an entrance, haha. (:

Well, if you have no preference for the country... how about a fictional city in the United States?

EDIT: Oh, if you really feel uncomfortable taking on more roles (because it'll hurt your writing), please don't feel obligated to play more than one role, haha. I'm more than able to accomodate the various roles! (:
    Last edited by joonsexual; 03-31-2012 at 03:15 PM.

The Scholarship Student: A young man who can't really stand a lot of things, and is easily pushed off of the edge and into a vat of pure anger. He's rather smart, but he doesn't really think before acting when it comes to things outside of the book smarts. Yes, he does know his way around the streets, but common sense is a concept lost to him. He's nice at times, but only when he's relaxed and in a good mood. His mother and father have died in a car accident, which he barely lived through, but that was when he was five years old. After that he lived with his sickly grandmother, who was recently put into the hospital. Now he is on his own. He is a junior in high school.

Member of the Elite Four: An artistic guy who likes to keep to himself at times, but can be a vicious flirt- with guys or girls. He likes to be in the company of beautiful people and regularly goes through girls and a few young man, whom he calls his "muses". His mother is a famous fashion designer, and his father is a well-known painter.

I like the idea of having a friend around, since he's a bit hotheaded, and it kind of reminds me of the friend of the main character from Hana Yori Dango. And for the setting, I like that as well. It would make things easier. I can play two characters, I was just saying that I shouldn't play more then three... But anyway!

Sooo, is there any more information we need before we get started?

Sounds good! Ah, I just didn't want you to feel obligated to assume more roles than you would have liked. (:

Hm... other things. I suppose we should decide on a relationship amongst the E4 members. I figured they would probably be friends with each other (especially since they're bullying people together... or, if not collectively bullying people, then, at the very least, following the leader... lol... Gosh, the more I think about the E4, the more I envision a group of really messed up kids that need to be drop-kicked... lol... oh well, haha).

Also, do you know what your character did to offend mine? I know we went over it generally, but.. I don't think we settled on a concrete event.

And, some other, more technical things, if it's not a problem for you, I'd prefer setting up the role-play? I don't know, I always have to make graphics and... it just bothers me when there aren't any... lol. Don't judge me, hahaha. It's how I've been conditioned — courtesy of Gaia, lol. >____>;

Last edited by joonsexual; 03-31-2012 at 05:58 PM.

I have some ideas- like they meeting at a party, or they get paired up in a class for a project. Or possibly both. Maybe they could meet at a party, something happens that the invisible kid would like to forget about, but they get paired up for a project and they have to work very closely.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------
    Oh that gave me some, slightly naughty, ideas. I like the idea to focus on something like a party or work situation rather than a school environment. It would also ease some characters off our backs.
    Zone District

LOL, I started up in Gaia too, but I migrated over here and I don't use it anymore. If you want, I can help make graphics too- I know my way about my photo-editing software. XD I used to get gold for writing the code for the post layouts... Wow... I forgot about that...

But anyway! An event... We need something a bit different then Hana Yori Dango... Maybe he was talking to his good friend and he said something about how all rich people are stupid... And then the leader overheard it and then tried to make a scene... and you can set it up if you want. ^w^ I don't mind at all.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Oh that gave me some, slightly naughty, ideas. I like the idea to focus on something like a party or work situation rather than a school environment. It would also ease some characters off our backs.
    Now that I read over that, I couldn't help but give myself a facepalm. Yup. That sounded a bit weird.

A party or a work situation would be better than school itself, and your're right about the whole character thing.
    But what could happen to get them to meet? I'm litterally just beating myself upside the head, searching for ideas in a deadened mind that can only find communication in drawing? (-is totally going to try to write a poem off of that... However that may go...-)

Haha, you don't have to create a layout if you don't want to. It's more of a personal thing, haha...

And, sure, that sounds good. I could always have it where the E4 members happened to overhear it and, the leader decided to make a scene. It's possible that they got into an argument of some sort and... the next day the E4 decided to mark the tutor as the next victim.

Something really flashy, probably. Like, there's some sort of calling card left on the tutor's table (maybe a red card with a seal associated with the E4) or something. And then... it just starts from there? — When the tutor finds the card. Haha...

Something like that, perhaps...

Card... Maybe a red paper crane? Its flashy and kinda cool at the same time.

Hnn, that sounds good! ;D

Soooo~ YAY! We have everything figured out!

Yep! I'll... have the thread set up soon-ish, lol. ;D

THREAD!

I've set up the role-play. When you've decided on a character name, I'll add it to the first post. (:

And, I've also set up an OOC thread for the role-play so we can discuss changes, ideas, and whatnot! As for opening the role-play... do you want me to post first or do you want to post first? I'm good with either way.

Can you do the first post?
    Theron Novinski for the scholarship student and Alexander Herwell for the E4 member

I LOVE THE GRAPHICS. They are amazing.

No problem! I'll try to get a post up tomorrow or Monday. I'm moving back to my university tomorrow night so I might be a bit busy. ^^;

And thank you!

Mmkay, in that case, may I make the first post? I have a bit of an idea to work on and I'm pretty good at forgetting things- that is if you don't mind I mean.

It's not a problem at all! Haha. (: