Login to your account

Thread: New to the site.

New to the site.

Hello,
    As stated in the title above, I am very new to this site so I really don't have any idea how to use it yet.
    So I thought what better way than have a one x one to ease me into the site.

So a bit about me, I am from, you probably guessed it, gaia online. I really never thought about going somewhere else until recently. So really this is just a test run to see how I feel about this site. (It dosn't seem all that active to me)
    But anyways, you probably want to know my skill set. Well, I have been role playing for a number of years and I honestly think I am pretty good at it. I am not sure what differences there are between gaia and here so I will leave it at that.

Anyways, as for what role play I would be interested in.

Space
    Medieval
    Steam punk
    Cyber punk
    Modern

I am not sure what the more popular topics are around here, so I will leave it at these.
    If you want to do something than let me know by all means.
    Thanks for your time.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    'ello! Well, I guess you could say that fantasy and sci-fi are the most popular topics 'round here. So you came from Gaia? I was there for a while, and then I left... Not a lot of quality role players out there, sadly.

So, how often do you post? I might be interested in doing a steampunk kind of thing with you, if you don't mind much.

Oh, hey, a fellow Gaian. ;D

The site (being still relatively new) can't possibly compare to an established and running giant like GaiaOnline. But, I think, the community is really nice and dedicated — for the most part. You won't get a lot of the shit you have to deal with on Gaia, but you can still receive the kind of quality you're looking for. There's a nice ambience to this site, you know?

And, hn, I'm not really looking for a one/one, I just saw your thread title and figured I should drop by and say hi and, you know, all that usual stuff. Haha.

Sorry all, I have been doing college related things all day (plus managing a role play over on gaia)

@Sure
    Excellent! I can never turn down anything that deals with fantasy and Sci-fi.
    Anyways though, there still is alot of quality writers in gaia, you just have to know where to look. Kind of like that base ball movie "if you build it, they will come", but you are right, it is getting harder and harder to find.
    I am able to get on everyday for right now, though that will change once college starts up for me and I (hopefully) find a job.
    Yes, steam punk would be great. Normally I would ask for a role play sample by this point, but I'll just skip that since the point for me is to really learn how to use this place.
    Do you have any ideas twordes what the role play should be about? I would like to veer away from anything to do with pirates though.

@Jing
    Lol, it seems like this place harbors alot of us!
    Though I do remember a couple years back when this site was advertised on gaia all the time. I think one of the first role plays I saw for it was the Ardent? I really wanted to join it, but I was not willing to break away from the safety of gaia. But you are right, this place has a weird draw on me, when I saw this place a couple days ago (again, advertised by someone named strude from this place on gaia) I really did not think I would want to join it, especially since it seemed dreadfully slow. But than it was like I couldn't stop thinking about the site, it just seems more mature some how. Makes me wonder how anybody would want to stay with gaias style (though I suppose it is more so for the large user base)
    That's alright, it was nice to talk to someone and get to the know the people around here.

Haha, the site is... I think, not even one year old yet, lol. But Ardent was a really popular RP on here when it was still running (this was during late summer/early fall of 2011?). Haha.

I think, for the most part, most people found out about the site via Menewsha (spelling?).

I actually came to this site when Strude invited me back in the summer. But I didn't really do much with this site at the time... kind of just stuck to Strude's RP and backed off the rest of the site. ^^; I still really, really like Gaia though. I know the site gets a lot of shit when it comes to their RP community, but... I'm not going to lie: the quality of Gaian writers is, as a collective whole, significantly better than anywhere else I've seen — all things considered.

But I might hold some bias, lol.

And even though I'm only half-active on that site (checking in only to make sure I don't miss posts for the one RP I'm in over there, LOL), there's a special fondness about the place for me... haha.

But it really is nice to see other people from Gaia. It's just... the comforts and familiarity of Gaia evaporated the moment I started using this site (everyone runs on a system so different from what I'm used to, LOL) and... coming into contact with it again (even if it's just a passing: oh, I use that site too!) is rather nice, lol. Gosh, I sound freakishly odd... I'm gonna shut up now.... >____>;