Login to your account

Thread: Indie Video Games

Indie Video Games

Are you a mass fan of Indie games like me? I wanna know what games people think are the best of the Indie catagory. Maybe any memorable times or funny stories to help understand why.

I don't play much Indie games... but I do have a memorable experience when I was hanging out with a bunch of friends and one of them decided to put on "Try not to Fart" Which... needless to say made all of our immature selves giggle until we couldn't breathe. xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Oh my.

Me and a friend sat for about a week playing a game called Super Meat Boy. We were trying to clear it without dying so we sent hours on end trying to do it. We lived on micro food. So we were lost in the madness and pretty sleepy. So in my madness, I acidently microwaved a chocolate cake, that then exploded.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Truly support indie video games and I have paid for games from small time companies because they make good products.

My prime example is Minecraft which I bought from Mojang and currently own a copy of. I also bought a copy of the game for a friend when I got my account.

My second example is the Humble Bundle by Mojang, Oxeye, and another studio which consists of three games made in a week. One from each studio. I donated to a few specific charities with some money to be able to play the games after they were finished. It was well worth it.

I have bought all the bundles, paying more than the avrage outta respect.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

I heard of the bundles prior to but the Humble Bundle was the only one I really had the opportunity to donate and get access to the games. I also saw the livestreams and pretty much inspired me to start to learn coding....I plan to continue learning when I get the chance but school is occupying me as I have to learn InDesign...so....yep...

Time to play Catacomb Snatch! Woo!