Login to your account

Thread: GUILD WARS 2, RP and YOU! *Releases 8/28!* Beta Keys Available!

GUILD WARS 2, RP and YOU! *Releases 8/28!* Beta Keys Available!

300px-Normal_gw2logo.jpg
    UPDATES
    Release date announced: 8/28! Next beta weekend: 7/20!Guild Forum: Here!We are looking into forum RP, is anyone interested? If so, we may conduct it here!

Guild Wars 2 is coming out...this year, in a matter of months. I've got a small group of friends I'll be playing with: now how about you fine folks? The setting is the lovely blend of fantasy and rare steampunkery, complete with airships and the ability to wield guns alongside sorcery. The game is extremely well suited for roleplay, due to its dynamic event system, multiple guild allowances, being Buy-2-Play rather than cash shop or subscription based, and many other wonderful things you can read about in the FAQ.

I've been following this game for five years, and the wait is finally, nearly, over. I've played beta weekends, talked to people who have played beta, watched countless hours of footage, and we all agree. This game is the shit.In fact, that the game relies on "dynamic events" (in Guild Wars 2, centaur raids YOU!) is perfectly suited for equally dynamic roleplay. The world is on the surface generic and simple enough to easily get into, but there's a lot of depth below the surface. Plant people, with unique psychology and physiology? Yes, please!So for those of you who are interested, please check out the link at the top of this post and jump right in. As of now this is just a guild for friends, of which all of you are. We would love to have you!

Here's some goodies for you!

Last edited by Eden; 07-11-2012 at 01:13 AM.

ZOMG!! Awesome! I have already planned to be on board when it comes out. I love my Guild Wars and love the fact that after I buy the game, I never have to pay again.

I have been looking forward to the GW2 and now, I am looking forward to it even more.

Squeeee...races that aren't lame.

UTOPIA

MY DAAAAAHLING!

*kiss kiss, smoosh smoosh*

I've been looking forward to the game as well, but have never roleplayed in an MMO before... ever...

But now that you bring up Ardent I can't help but wonder if I could give it a try! ^^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Yup, GW2 definitely has some steampunk elements, even a whole steampunk-esque class and firearms!!

The sad thing is...I will probably just end up buying extra copies of the game for people to try out, if they don't do demos. XD

It is going to be awesome. So excited. The week it comes out I may be scarce around here. Maybe I'll also take a few days off of work if I still have vacation time. *shifty eyed*

I would have loved to get in on the beta, but this piece of poop laptop wouldn't run the game well..

But by the time the game does come out I plan on already having a nice new set up.

I'm unlucky...my BOSS is crazy excited, always comes to our desks chattering about it. I have a Charr plushie, I make sure he sees it. XD

I was sad when I didn't get in on the Beta. *sigh* I can be patient though.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Also, I am looking forward to the GW2 expansions already and the additional classes they had in them... Ritualist, Paragon, Dervish.

And the new Engineer class looks like a lot of fun.

Hello all! My pals and I have begun hashing things out here. Feel free to join us if you truly are interested!

Awesome, thanks for the link!

*Pokes head in* I may get this game . . . or at least give it a try.

Do it! Do it! *chants*

Just finished the Beta Weekend event, it was AMAZING! We scouted out lots of potential RP spots, and had a great time. The cities and environments were so incredibly detailed and beautiful, I spent about an hour running around the human starting city alone and found countless nooks and crannies...nevermind how fun the game was itself!

I'm even more pleased that everyone I brought along enjoyed themselves too. ^^ Here are a handful of screenshots that are of less publicized places/scenes: http://imgur.com/a/0RDIP

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

One of the coolest parts of the game is the town clothing feature, which lets you wear non-combat clothing instead of armor, all of which looks great and some of which comes with special abilities. For example, I put on a pirate outfit and got skills like "shout YARR!", "summon parrot", "walk plank" (which consisted of falling over into a splash of water), "swipe sword around" and "build cannon" XD

Those are some great shots! Ah, I'm so incredibly eager for this game to come out! (And for my PC to finish being built!) I am going to waste so much of my life away on this game! I am, I am, I am~!

Release date announced! Updated!

Our little RP guild is gearing up, and I'm looking into ways to give back to the community I still miss over here at WTFRPG. If enough people are interested in some forum RP pre-release we will see about holding the game here!

Look forward to talking to ya Duke

I have over ten betakeys to give away! Anyone interested?

I've already got the game. So ready for the release!! ^__^

OMG, awesome Schiz!

Looking forward to playing with you, too bad we didn't get to meet up over the last beta weekend ^_^

We're getting our guild up and running and working on a guide right now ^^

I only got about fifteen minutes of playtime in this beta weekend. ;___; It was really sad, but I will make myself present again on the guild page to discuss stuff or at least - er, be present for the discussion. xD

So ready for the release!!!