Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim?

Skyrim?

Itching to do roleplay something in the style of Skyrim, perhaps even roleplaying Skyrim and am just here wondering if anyone would be up to it? Perhaps even co-owning? Or atleast have some awesome ideas in the back of their lovely little head that might help out.

Certainly interested in doing something within a realm similar to Skyrim. I wouldn't want to do the same plot, or necessarily the existence of dragons. but everything else sounds awesome to me. I would even co-own it if enough people show interest.
    Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values. ~ A.R.

I'm interested
    You can have a land where dragons have awoke from a deep slumber and certain people can take their power and use it.
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

You've got my support! I'd give any help I can get, probably can't commit to Co-Hosting but I am thrilled that this idea is catching wind.

Please do this~

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

You can't go back now, my heart is all excited!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Wow, I'm glad people are interested in doing this!
    Hm, question is how similar to Skyrim it should be. Or should it take place in Skyrim?

Schizo, my heart is all excited too so I definitely can't go back!

I love the setting of Skyrim, but changing the name and other little aspects to only make it less exact would be fine with me.

how about instead of dragons returning how about demons?
    and certain people can use abilities from certain demons by absorbing the defeated demons soul

Hm, that sounds pretty cool. So who's for demons and who's for dragons?
    Also, instead of having the stormcloaks vs Imperials how about there just being one that is oppressing the people, but most are too scared to speak up/fight back?

Well I'm for demons of course, and with an evil king...I'm likely going to enjoy rebelling against him ^_^

OMG. THIS SOUNDS SO EPIC. WHY WAS I NOT HERE TO SPAZ WHEN THIS THREAD WAS MADE?! DHKJSFHD

I agree with previously stated comments about not having a repeat of Skyrim. I like the demon-soul absorption ability-thing. And, if that's the case, maybe it shouldn't happen within Skyrim? Idk. But, ahhhh, this sounds awesome. (:

I know! It's so easy to get excited about this!

Man this is gonna be awsome if it's made
    on that note i gotta say "Make it! DO IT! DO IT!"

I haven't played Skyrim. On the other hand I've been rather absorbed by a game similar to Skyrim called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I'm a bit interested in this.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Hm, I haven't heard of this game... which is surprising if it's obsess worthy! lol.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is sorta like a fable/skyrim hybrid, you don't have to worry about accidently hitting a civilian unless you have the safety off (fable) you can do stuff that's just awsome (skyrim) and there's humor every now and then from what i know (Fable and Skyrim)

But I've been obbsessed with Soulcalibur five so my weapons in this RP are gonna be...either really weird or epic

Quote Originally Posted by nero123 View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is sorta like a fable/skyrim hybrid, you don't have to worry about accidently hitting a civilian unless you have the safety off (fable) you can do stuff that's just awsome (skyrim) and there's humor every now and then from what i know (Fable and Skyrim)

But I've been obbsessed with Soulcalibur five so my weapons in this RP are gonna be...either really weird or epic
    Couldn't have explained it much better. I love that you can combine different classes. I'm playing a Might/Sorcery hybrid (I.e. Warrior/Mage hybrid). I'm currently a Battlemage but a few more points and I'll be a Paladin. :P It's called Destiny but it's a bit like class.

Oh! Can we have chakrams? They're so sweet, one of my fav weapons from Reckoning. Btw Xena from Xena: The Warrior Princess uses chakrams in addition to her other weapons.
    Zone District

Chakrams are awesome. Can't see why we shouldn't be able to use em' as weapons.

So it's decided. There be demons and those are the souls we absorb when we kill them. Should there be certain changes to someone once they've absorbed a demons soul? I can imagine it's not exactly a "good" thing to do, seeing as demons aren't inherently good.

Never played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but any game that has the skyrim feel to it and humor is a must-try.

Also.. finally friggin healthy again

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! (:

It'd be kind of fun to see a change in people when they absorb a certain number of souls. Like it feeds on their insecurities or greed or whatever. So the use of the demon powers (or the absorption of their powers) appeals to the darkest emotions/desires that people hold.

As for weapons... hrn, I kind of want my character to use feng-huo-lun, lolol. I've been really obsessed with their design lately, herpderp. Obviously, will be making modifications to them... lolol, but yeah... Just want something like that.

lol demons for every element absorb a fire soul you get a temper, absorb a light soul you become more lawful, absorb a lightning soul and you have more energy
    sound good?

I think a change in a person when you absorb a demon's soul sound reasonable. However I'm not sure "soul" is the best way to describe it as demons traditionally doesn't have souls. Perhaps you could say the essence or spirit of a demon instead?
    Zone District

JingRawr: Thanks Feels so good to be back on track. Yeah I thought so too. Seems like most people are on board with it, so it's in!

Nero: How about when you absorb a demons essence, your bad traits etc are amped up. Like say you have a bit of a temper already, and is greedy- the more essence you absorb the more you change.

Brook: True. Let's go with essence, sounds much more fitting

Hmm how about the bad traits are boosted temporarily that way it doesn't end with everyone being motivated by their flaws
    say my character does have a temper he would become very aggressive for a few hours to a few days depending on the demons strength
    Last edited by nero123; 02-19-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Hm, sounds pretty good. Though I was thinking that maybe the evil king had absorbed too many demonic essences and that's why he turned the way he did.

How about at first the bad traits are only boosted temporarily but the more essences you absorb the longer the effect lasts?

evil king absorbed too much essence at once therfore turning evil, sounds good to me

Oh! We should have the people who absorb the souls be able to take an alternate form when they absorb enough souls
    Last edited by nero123; 02-26-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nero123 View Post
    evil king absorbed too much essence at once therfore turning evil, sounds good to me

Oh! We should have the people who absorb the souls be able to take an alternate form when they absorb enough souls
    Ooh I like that!

It would make sense if people who absorbed a certain amount of essences would turn into some kind of half-demon.
    Zone District

Lol I dibs this one then

Nero: Good!

Brook V: Yay! I'm glad people like the idea. Yeah, that sounds cool and quite reasonable. Too much essence = half-demon.
    Maybe even your features start to change?

Quote Originally Posted by Impish View Post
    Brook V: Yay! I'm glad people like the idea. Yeah, that sounds cool and quite reasonable. Too much essence = half-demon.
    Maybe even your features start to change?
    Perhaps a bit like in Fable? You get horns, grey skin and shining eyes?
    Zone District

Hm, sounds pretty good. Though maybe it takes more essence to get horns then it takes to get the change of skintone?

It can be a gradual change. First your flaws gets stronger, then the time gets longer, then you start to change. Perhaps it begins with skin changes? Like scars and then it losses color. The you get horns and gets hairy. Then you grow wings and you eyes begins to shine.

... However this means the Dark King looks like the devil... and you'll turn into him if you absorb too much essences...
    Zone District