Login to your account

Thread: Jack Springs in.

Jack Springs in.

My S.O. Miso grabbed me after I got home from work and told me about an email about this site. I'm pretty tired now, but what I've seen interests me enough to sign up.

I have a few roleplaying games written up that I was going to use on another, somewhat similar site, but their system was very clunky. I'd rather take my chances here and if it takes off, continue playing here.

I'm not sure why I'm posting here, but Miso says I have to, so here we all are.

I don't really like talking about my personal life and there are some questions I'm just not going to answer and Miso won't answer, but I hope the site is somewhere I'll enjoy hanging out in my free time.
    This here is Satan, - we might say the devil, but that ain't right, and gennelfolks don't like such words. He is now commonly called 'Spring-heeled Jack;' or the 'Rossian Bear,' - that's since the war.
    Henry Mayhew

Welcome to WTFRPG, Jack. May I take you orde- Uh..
    Nice to meet you. How long have you been roleplaying?

Hello hello, mister Jack!
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Hey, thanks - to both of you.

I've been roleplaying off and on for over five years now. It's really hard to say without actually sitting down and counting. How about yourself?
    This here is Satan, - we might say the devil, but that ain't right, and gennelfolks don't like such words. He is now commonly called 'Spring-heeled Jack;' or the 'Rossian Bear,' - that's since the war.
    Henry Mayhew

Hi! I'm declaring my self the madman of this place! Good to meet you!

Hey, welcome to WTF, Jack. xD Do you breathe blue flames in your free time? 8D

Don't worry - I won't grill you about your personal life! I wouldn't have the nerve to someone who rocks the devil look and can jump over walls. :3

If I can help either you or Miso figure out the site, let me know! I'm excited to see what sort of games you're intending on playing! Anything you can tell us about them? :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hello Aquaticus the Madman - nice to meet you as well. <s>

Maneki Neko, I don't do a lot of breathing of flames lately, unless I forgot to brush my teeth. Apparently it gets pretty ugly since I like eating things that generally cause bad breath. Heh. You did your homework, though. That's cool.

I'm not sure which game I'm going to create first.

There's a Western Fairytale based story with a fairy king and characters who are modified versions of what you'd find in a standard Western Fairytale (for example, a girl who grew up with an intense hatred of wolves after one ate her grandmother and tried to eat her or a retired soldier who broke the curse on twelve princesses - that sort of thing).

The other one is based on a free tabletop roleplaying game called "Djinnbusters" which is somewhere between Disney's Aladdin and Ghostbusters. The characters are kind of Arabian Nights ghost hunters.

I'm just not sure which one will be the easiest to set up and for players to understand, so I guess if anyone is really interested in one or the other, they could say so and I'll try to finish working on that one and post it first.

I also promised to teach Miso how to play since we made a promise that if I found a site I'd be cool with playing on, I'd teach Miso how to game. And we spend more quality time together, I guess, since Miso complains that sometimes I can be lost in a game for hours and wants to spend some time roleplaying with me too. We'll see how that goes.
    Henry Mayhew

They both sound interesting! I hope you find people interested in playing one or both very soon. :3 I look forward to seeing the games created on WTF! :3

(And I hope teaching Miso to roleplay isn't too difficult for either of you. xD It can be a steeper learning curve for some people. But it's great you want to spend some time playing together. :3 )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

The fairytale one sounds extremely interesting to me, but that's probably because I like fantasy based roleplays.
    "You're not exactly the safest person to be around." "The person driving got a medal for worst driver ever." "...C***." -Paradox and Av'

Shouldn't be so hard to teach Miso how to play so that we can enjoy playing together. Now, whether Miso will be ready to join my big games, I don't know. It'll probably take some coaching and we'll see if Miso's even interested by the time I put the "ready" stamp on it. We talked about it, so though it sounds snotty of me, Miso understands that I'd get frustrated more with Miso misunderstanding than I would another player, so we've agreed to just do 1 on 1 games until some experience is built up.

I'll take notes on both games with me to work and create one or both tomorrow evening. Before I sleep I'll look around for some images to use, I guess. Or give Miso a list and have Miso do it.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm off to take a shower (Miso tells me I stink like a man) and I might go to bed. But I will be back tomorrow.
    Henry Mayhew

Geh! Everyone sleeps too much!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Sounds like you've got it worked out between the two of you. :3

Possibly two new full-feature rpgs! Super-exciting! (It sounds like hyperbole, but I really am excited to see the games people make. D: )

Since posting has died down, I'll semi follow your example and do my workout and have my own shower. xD (Hopefully I won't stink like a man, though. I'd probably cry.)

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

There's no such thing as sleeping too much! Unless it interferes with my personal enjoyment. In which case it's wrong and I agree. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Heh! XD I'm plotting, as my siggy says. Sleeping people ARE easier to plot around...

So much foreboding involved in your post. xD

Hokay, finished a thread that I told another user I would make so now I'll work out. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Heh. See you then!

I would love to try out the western fairytale RP

Thank you everyone for showing interest in my game. I'm running the last tweaks through the system and haven't started on any of the bios for characters, but it's ready to set up. Will be at it off and on all night tonight until it's ready. Miso has gone to bed already and I don't work tomorrow.

I hope it'll meet up to your expectations.
    Henry Mayhew

I glanced it over and it looks interesting. If I read it right, you were having problems setting up! Sorry about that. Were you not clicking the "keep me signed in"/"remember me" button?
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yes. I have myself permanently signed in.

The first time when I created my game, I'd forgotten to enable Adult Permission Group settings. Since Miso specifically told me about doing that, I kicked myself for forgetting and took it like a man.

The second time it told me that my token had expired. Since I'd taken so long editing, I was chagrined, but understood.

The third time it again told me that my token had expired, even though I had taken much less time. I refreshed as it suggested and lost even the information it had previously kept for me (the title, tags and so on). I was more than a little annoyed.

That time, I believe, was when I was halfway smart about it and just saved the game in sections to make sure I had plenty of time to edit each section properly. That worked well enough. I'm still a little bit annoyed about having lost my information so many times, but have learned to live with it.
    Henry Mayhew

Hmm. That sucks, dude. :x Sorry to hear all that. There seem to be a few issues going around right now, so I'm not sure if your issue is just something that's unique to you (I've not heard the "token" comment before) or if it's part of the other problems at the moment. We're still sort of new and the site hasn't been used a lot yet, so you first wave users are finding all the bugs that I and my few beta testers couldn't when we were trying to intentionally break the site. ^^; I'd just advise you try saving all your information in back-up files for now and I'm really sorry that you're having problems. ^^;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin