Login to your account

Thread: MICHEL BLANCHET —

For now, this journal will serve as a place for me to... sketch out Michel's home-planet and other details of his character.

The following MAY or MAY NOT be relevant to his person or the role-play when finally made official. Therefore, what is posted here should be regarded with caution and not to be taken seriously when writing a response to or about Michel.

Thanks.

Last edited by joonsexual; 01-18-2012 at 05:03 PM.

WAN-SEK
    pronunciation: wahn - shek

JUK
    pronunciation: YOhk

Located in the far, north-eastern quadrant, Juk is one of twelve moons that revolve around Sek (pronunciation: shek), a large gaseous planet, which is inhospitable to sustaining life.

It should be noted that some historians believe life (for the Wan-Sek) first began on Sek, but, due to natural disasters, was forced to migrate to the nearby moons (currently, they have developed seven of the twelve moons). However, evidence supporting such a theory is sparse and highly circumstantial.

In any case, this isn't a history lesson about those things. This is merely a peek into the place Virgil calls "home."

So, to make this easier for you to read and for me to write (but mostly for me to write), I'm going to write the entirety of this in a conversational tone. So, ready? Cool.

First, Juk has two major things you should know about. One, it is a very poor nation and, two, it is steeped in tradition. Women hold neither power nor presence and men may marry as many wives as they please and keep as many concubines as they see fit. There are very few laws that protect women from abuse (a husband can legally kill his wife if she is a) found to be involved in an extramarital affair or b) deemed incompetent).

Second, the nation, geographically, is made up of mountains and forests. The climate is fair, but often wet with rain.

Third, there are several major cities, but, for the most part, citizens live in small, rural areas where hunting is the key to survival.

Last edited by joonsexual; 08-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.

thing