Login to your account

Thread: Futuristic style roleplay, Plot details inside.

Futuristic style roleplay, Plot details inside.

So I need to distract myself from my currently chaotic life right now. I came up with an idea for a roleplay while I was trying to fall asleep and I'm fairly interested in starting it.

Here are the details.

The world's technology has advanced to a stage where space travel has become a near possibility. Humanity has united under one banner and the world has entered a new golden age with the discovery of an alternate power source to fossil fuels in perfected nuclear power generators. With the development of immunities to nuclear radiation and safety measures never conceived of in the twentieth century. Humanity is achieving technological advances were once only found in fiction. However, not all is as it seems. The world that humans live in is not truly real. The planet is a construct designed to allow them to develop within a closed environment. There is no outer space, nor is the sky above them truly real. Not even those that reside in that world are real...

The fake world goes on, unaware of it's true nature as it tries to achieve its ultimate goal. Only a few know that not all is as it seems, for they have been aloud to take a glimpse into the plane outside of their own. Even then, they cannot understand the outside world, only that it threatens the their own. With this knowledge at hand, the few have formed into a group meant to defend against these threats. They hide themselves from the world government, taking funding from private groups that sympathize with their ordeal. With powerful technology and the will to defend their home, This group fights to the end for a world that doesn't know they exist.

But they are not alone...

The Creator of the fake world is ever watching, observing as it's creation slowly develops. It is the only one that knows the true secrets of the two worlds, but refuses to reveal them. All it can do is give indirect aid to those with the power to save the world. It grants them the ability to see the outside world and the threats that come from it, and powers beyond human capabilities to combat them. Some of those it aids see the beinf as god, but whether it is or not is unknown. It's intentions are clouded in mystery, but It will prove to be a key part of the events to come.

A thought provoking tale of humanity's quest for knowledge and where it will lead them.
    " I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works. "

Can I have a laser chainsaw sword?
    if so I'm in!
    if not...I'm in!
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

I'm debating laser weapons. I wanted weapons to be based off of computer programs. If you wanted to use your weapon, you'd have to boot it up like a program using a holographic panel that appears at your will. I'm still thinking it through though. But laser chainsaw swords remind me of phantasy star so maybe.
    " I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works. "

Sounds like fun, one minute I'm fighting with a sword the next a quterstaff ^_^

Quick suggestion that might make things more interesting:
    Systems: A System is Armor someone possess, each system has it's own unique abilities, strengths and weaknessess.
    Example: A system I'd use would have extra armor, more hitting power, better aiming for gun attacks but slightly slower and the aiming system can be damaged.