Login to your account

Thread: one more in the wave of new players

one more in the wave of new players

Rawr, hullo every one, I'm Aerion. I've been role playing since I was eight years old and have tried about every genre out there. I have role played as both genders, as well as creatures who's gender is meaningless. One of my most memorable RP characters was a little ginger bread man who was part of the 'Food Fights' a joke rp made to relieve the stress of a seriously drama laden rps. It was pure silliness, but also a chance to show extreme creativity and I loved that! I look forward to playing lots of interesting characters and meeting even more interesting people here. I LOOOVE the concept of the full featured role playing game and once I become more comfortable here plan on trying my hand at making one of my own. Any way, Hai every one!

Sounds like fun! Did you learn anything from roleplaying as a gingerbread man?
    Anyway, welcome to the site!

Hai hai!

And roleplaying a gingerbread man sounds hilariously awesome. xD I've never roleplayed a food before! (Wait... No, I don't think so.) It sounds like something the WTF Multiverse was made for, though. :3 I'd also love to see you recreate Food Fights here on WTF RPG. Though just I'd love to see more people around making fun games in general. xD

I'm so excited that you're excited by the full-features! I've been working on them so long, beta-testing them to make sure they function as I imagined them that I was starting to think it wasn't something that anyone but a handful of others and I thought was cool. xD Please let me know if you think of anything that would make it even better!

And, of course, if the guides don't help you out any, let me know and I'll answer any questions you have. :3 Welcome!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yus! I learned that even with a cute / silly premise you can have an extremely in depth character and world. Graham flew a gram-cracker and pretzel stick biplane that used mini marshmallows as ammo. At first I thought the concept was silly at best, but the character and memories of the world that we all made up as we went have stuck with me through the years.

That.... would be the most awesome thing ever. ::laughs::

I remember when I first started roleplaying there was a character who had a crazy mansion. He'd had his soda machine programmed to shoot soda cans at people so they could catch them like in tv commercials and look totally badass - only it became a weapon, of sorts. Many of our characters were knocked out cold by the psychotic, somewhat self-aware soda machine. That was back in 1997 or 1998, so the fact that it's stayed with me so long as a fond memory (even after the player himself turned out to be crazy for reals) just goes to show that it's the odd bits of fun that have the staying power. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin