Login to your account

Thread: Longtime Roleplayer, 1x1 Newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Longtime Roleplayer, 1x1 Newbie

About Me
    I am what one may call old school. I have been roleplaying for longer than some people on the forum have been alive (which only makes me feel old, so very very old...). I started in the old school, a time long ago when the internet was but a strange and new thing that the general public had no idea about. We had to make due with actual people, dice and books.

Luckily, we no longer live in such an age.

I however, am a bit of a throw back. I like my games to have plot and direction. This is why I have not participated in 1 on 1 games before. Gasp! Yes, I am a complete 1 on 1 novice. Utterly and completely untried at it.

Why am I interested?
    To be blunt, I am bored. I feel like the group games have slowed down or I find myself roleplaying with the same five(ish) people in all my games. (Which is great- they are all awesome roleplayers and I enjoy it thoroughly.) However, I want to experience something new and interesting with new and interesting people.

I have noticed many people around here only 1x1 or forum roleplay. So, to gain new experiences and stave off the boredom, I am reaching out to you folks.

What I Like and Will Play
    I like original worlds, stories and ideas. I like a plot and a direction. I will settle for an interesting setting/theme. I don't care about post length or literacy level. I can roll with whatever. We all start somewhere.

Character Preferences
    I am not picky about which gender I play, I can roll either way. I do not care about what sexuality I play. I prefer my characters to be regular, realistic people. I very rarely play anyone who is overly good looking, overly powerful or overly special.

I don't really care about "pairings"- I don't think that is a foundation of a game. If you make interesting characters, then the pairings naturally happen (or don't happen). I will roleplay adult settings and themes. I'm not particularly bothered by explicit violence, sex or language- however, if you are not an adult (at least 18, preferably 20) I WILL NOT play an adult game with you.

Settings/Theme I Enjoy
    Western (the Spaghetti kind)
    Space Opera
    Cyberpunk/Futuristic
    Steampunk
    Alternate Histories
    Low Fantasy
    Urban/Contemporary Fantasy
    Accurate Historical Settings (I am a HUGE history buff, but I gravitate toward American Revolutionary Times, The American West 1600-1800, Cold War Era- both American and Russian perspective, Judaic History, Ancient Sumerian History-not Hitchins, Native American History, The Roaring 20's)
    Magical Girls (the cheesier the better)
    Slice of Life

Settings I Do Not Enjoy
    Anime/Manga Fandoms (I love anime and manga, but this gets old pretty quick. I must admit, however, that I have a soft spot for Sailor Moon- but I prefer original senshi and settings.)
    Vampires/Werewolves/Zombies (I am so done with them)
    Romance without Plot or Purpose
    Furries/Anthropomorphic
    Video Game Worlds

The Few Fandoms I am Willing to Play In
    Firefly (But not the crew of Serenity- just the world/setting)
    Dr. Who (It's a weakness... and a great setting for 1x1)
    Kim Harrison's Hollows (Anti-Tomatoes!)
    Star Trek (I was especially fond of Deep Space Nine, but once again, setting not known characters/ships)
    Last edited by Utopia; 03-19-2012 at 11:27 PM.