Login to your account

Thread: Willing to lend a hand? Or maybe a foot?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Willing to lend a hand? Or maybe a foot?

So, the thing is, I'm a little curious as to how people perceive my characters. I'm a little worried that certain aspects (if not the entirety) of their designs aren't being conveyed very well. I'm also a little concerned that there may be some misinterpretation (due to poor wording choice, vagueness, etc). So, in part, I'm asking for a brief (or in-depth, if you prefer) analysis of a character (or characters — however many you are willing to do).

Just, tell me, in as many or as little words as you like, what you think the character is like and, maybe, why you think that way. It'd be really helpful if you could give me the reasons behind your conclusion as I'll be able to better understand where I am going wrong, etc.

If you want to comment on the style of writing/style (IE. My use of second-person narratives or trait-oriented displays, etc), that'll also be helpful. I do want to know what people think of the second-person narratives (something I'm trying out... Not sure if it'll stick or if I'll just reserve for special profiles that call for it...).

Aside from that, I'd really appreciate some general feedback on the character (or characters). Constructive criticisms on designs are greatly loved because I'm always looking to improve my way of thinking/writing, etc. Positive feedback isn't necessary (if you find yourself struggling to find something good to compliment, lol) and, to be honest, I generally gloss over "good things" because they don't really serve much of a purpose to me (other than being a huge ego-booster, lol — so if you want to say nice things, I welcome them too, haha).

But yeah, just looking for some character feedback — been really worried about it lately. :/
    Any help I can get will be great and largely appreciated! Also, don't worry about offending me with honest opinions. I'm asking for your critiques and I'll take them all with an open-mind. (:

Currently, I'm asking for feedback/critiques on the following profiles:

WANG WEIJIAN
    GEUM JIYUL
    DANNY CHEVALIER
    ELISON JAMES
    EASTERN BOSS (Focus on the narrative in the appearance section).
    Last edited by joonsexual; 05-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.