Login to your account

Thread: The Sims

Smile The Sims

I like playing The Sims!

My boyfriend helps me set up the houses and then he'll create all these stories about why a Sim did this or that and it's so funny!

I'm thinking of upgrading to Sims 3 or Sims Medieval - has anyone played Medieval yet? And what do you think of Sims 3 over Sims 2?
    ~ No soup for you! ~

I love the Sims! It's always made me sad that my laptop isn't fast enough to handle the Sims 2. It's an amazing game, especially considering all the custom content available online. I love just building houses and making new families all the time. My favorite thing used to be creating book and movies characters so that I could watch how they all interacted.

I've heard decent reviews of Sims 3. It seems like there isn't much new material. You have a bit more freedom in designing sims and the neighborhood is completely continuous, but otherwise it's about the same. I'm going to put off buying that until I can get a better computer and the price of the game falls drastically.

I've been looking into the "Medieval" game and might buy it for myself in August when I return from a trip. :3 If anyone plays it before me, I hope they post here and let us know how cool it is. xD It seems interesting, but I won't really have the time to play it until then. D:

I mostly create my own characters (generally roleplaying characters, so that also means creating the characters of other people) and making them houses that reflect the ones in the game/story and trying to force relationships that work in game, but the Sims themselves don't seem to be interested in. ::laughs:: I haven't played in forever, though. I'll have to dig up my copy. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Fellow Sims addict here lol Have almost every single The Sims release besides some of the newer Sims 3 stuff.

Anyways, either then popping in to share my love of the Sims game, which is just awesomely awesome (lol), figured I'd come give an idea of the Sims Medieval since it was mentioned.

It is great! Although you don't exactly have the full freedom that you would of putting any building down sorta thing in most Sims, it's more structured in that it gives you goals to work towards! I'm finding it interesting and fun having things that my character can go and do that's more fantasy based too. And for those that LOVE pointy elf type ears as much as I do, you can give your Sims them!! lol all my custom Sims have them XD

I'm still somewhat getting used to it so I dunno all the features and such inside and out yet, but so far I'm having fun when I play^^ And is a nice break away to complete fantasy base ;P

I was wondering what I'd make of the more structured goals. One of the reasons I lose interest in my Sims and start new families is because other than the sort of repetitive goals of their immediate wants or moving up in their career trees. But on that token, when I played The Sims game on GameCube, being forced through the different missions was also very restrictive. I'm hoping for something between the two. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

One thing I always do in the Sims 3: I try to kill off my family one at a time. I'm sadistic. I know...but it's also REALLY funny.

Back to my cave...

LOL. I do admit to making families designed to kill off just to see the animations and/or to make a graveyard for the next occupants of the house. <_<;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Is it sad that I laughed?

Probably only if it's weeks later and you're doing something completely unrelated like waiting for your friend to get back from the bathroom at a restaurant. 8D
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I was actually talking to a friend about how Sims gives me a lot of story telling ideas. I'm currently working on a no cheat family tree that is surprisingly difficult. I figure it makes it more realistic when you don't automatically give yourself 300,000 simoleans. But one of my favorite things to do is make stories behind the characters that go along with their traits, usually causing drama in the household. For example, in my first generation (I'm currently on the third) I started with a wife who was a workaholic woman who hates children who had a terrible relationship with both her husband and daughter. A husband who was a easily frightened loner who spent a lot of his time in his underwear writing novels (trying to ignore his cheating wife) and his only friend was his daughter. And then there was the daughter who is a bookworm who does her best to get honor roll in school and balance an after school job to help support her father and hopefully one day get a house of her own!

I could go on forever about what happened throughout the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Ueda before their passing but it would be way to large of a post.

Favorite part about the Sims 3 though has to be the ability to make completely personalized rooms and the fact that each trait you give a sim gives them weird mannerisms. xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Hehe, I've done that! Creating Sims families just for the sake of making graveyards! *snickers* But I don't take pleasure in killing them.... noooo.... really XD I promise! lmao

Doing the non-cheating family generations sort of challenge can be so much fun^^ I don't remember where it was anymore but found on the Sims 3 forums about some challenges where it lists things to accomplish with each generation. Totally challenging but can be awesome.

As for the Sims Medieval, Neko, in between would be a very good way to describe it ^.^ There are daily goals that the character you are playing have to get done if you don't want negative things, and then there are the overall goals that although you don't HAVE to do them you get a better score for doing them sooner.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Sounds cool. :3 Totally looking forward to playing. x3

I would also be considering Sims 3, but then I'd never be out in the forums until it got old. ::laughs::
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Who gives themselves 300,000 Simoleans?

I give myself nearly 2 million!

Oh wait...back to killing my sims.

I think it technically is for some things ;P

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

2 mill will buy you all the stores/businesses, a nice house, and a nice car. I happen to have lots of custom content so....um....some of my sims drive a bus around. Hahahaha.

I always cheat and give myself lots of simoleons so I can build and then "play fair" after that. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I do both lol I totally cheat out both ends, then when I tire of that I'll do a fair play, then go back to the cheating game if I want to, etc. lol

The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I normally buy a nice house, get lots o' moneyz, buy what I need then try to play fairly. I say try because you well...never know when I feel like activating a random house robbery/fire etc or something. Though one of the main careers my sims have are normally either writer or guitarist. Writer because my books always are named funny for...comedic reasons and guitar because I just think acoustic is something I could listen to all my life.

You guys are so funny! <ggl>

I think I want to play Medieval now! But it'll have to wait until I get paid again, maybe. Or maybe when it's less expensive? I don't know anymore!! But I do want to play it whenever I can! <3

I don't kill off my Sims, because it makes me feel mean! But I can't say that in front of Jack because he says that you have to teach your characters their place or they take over but he's just being silly. I do use the cheat code, though. (≧∀≦) It lets me buy pretty things for my Sims! Hee hee.
    ~ No soup for you! ~